Step 1 Sole Source Having a treat day every week

First of all if you read my post correctly I have not advised anyone to do anything! Secondly no-one is gonna get to target and never have a treat or a fish n chips!! So I don't class that as binge eating... I am expressing my opinion and my journey and if you don't like it then please don't comment... everyone has there own mind and brain to use and will not do as I say even though I am not telling anyone to do anything... thanks

You started this post asking for opinions and advice....I didn't think this thread was about personal journeys and experiences....?

A tad harsh starlit caz but i agree with you that treat night is a bad idea. Why pay all this money and then mess with the plan? Go on slimming world or something if you want more flexibility. All i know is i am SS 100% and my weight loss has been incredible....this is why i shell out £200 a month.

And people wonder why they have weight problems for yea and years ad infinitum!

Cazza is spot on. If you do the CWP the whole, entire POINT is that you cut out food - dependant on which step you're following of course. To stuff yourself stupid once a week entirely misses aforementioned point.

I've been 9 st 4 ish for a year now after losing with CWP. I just did what I paid the money t do, reached goal in 12 weeks and stopped 'rewarding' myself with treats. I'm not a Labrador!

I agree with cazza - and I also like robust points of view. Far too much ' Hun-ing' and ' oh never mind that you've put weight on for the sixth week running ' and not enough strident actual ADVICE.

So it's nice to read some for a change : )

Then I hate to think what you do class as binge eating. [/COLOR]

Seriously... grow up... we are not in the playground... I don't think fish and chips after 3 wwekz and a bar of chocolate is binge eating... if you don't like my truth and honesty and letting people know what has worked for me and may help me in the future then I suggest you don't comment... thanks

And people wonder why they have weight problems for yea and years ad infinitum!

Cazza is spot on. If you do the CWP the whole, entire POINT is that you cut out food - dependant on which step you're following of course. To stuff yourself stupid once a week entirely misses aforementioned point.

I've been 9 st 4 ish for a year now after losing with CWP. I just did what I paid the money t do, reached goal in 12 weeks and stopped 'rewarding' myself with treats. I'm not a Labrador!

I agree with cazza - and I also like robust points of view. Far too much ' Hun-ing' and ' oh never mind that you've put weight on for the sixth week running ' and not enough strident actual ADVICE.

So it's nice to read some for a change : )

Well I haven't gained and it's working for me so I shall stick to it.. my journey is to lose weight and maintain... I doubt I will become obese if I treat once a week and go gym five days...

I ended up having a meal last night which I did eat what I wanted. I had a salad with couscous and potato salad with a few tortilla chips and a pudding.

Today I feel terrible! Completely besides myself feel like I've ruined everything! After being 100% for the first 13 weeks. I've now had a couple of weeks of having a day or two off.. My consultant is away for 3 weeks so I know that's the reason. I've got straight back on it though today.

I got on the scales and says I've put on 6 lbs! Feel like I'm never gonna lose it before a week Monday which is when she is back.

That is not something I will be making a habit of!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs

Well I haven't gained and it's working for me so I shall stick to it.. my journey is to lose weight and maintain... I doubt I will become obese if I treat once a week and go gym five days...

You have been on this diet three weeks. The second week you were off plan all week, that is the reason you had a big loss in the third week, because you were effectively starting again from scratch. You commented elsewhere that you gained 4lb in the second week, yet you claim to have lost 4lb in the second week by staying on plan on this thread. Make your mind up, and please don't be abusive towards me. http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/327235-christmas-challenge.html#post6722738

I ended up having a meal last night which I did eat what I wanted. I had a salad with couscous and potato salad with a few tortilla chips and a pudding.

Today I feel terrible! Completely besides myself feel like I've ruined everything! After being 100% for the first 13 weeks. I've now had a couple of weeks of having a day or two off.. My consultant is away for 3 weeks so I know that's the reason. I've got straight back on it though today.

I got on the scales and says I've put on 6 lbs! Feel like I'm never gonna lose it before a week Monday which is when she is back.

That is not something I will be making a habit of!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs

Hope you manage to get back on track - you have done brilliantly so far! Hopefully once your Consultant comes back and you are weighing weekly again there will be less temptation to slip!

I ended up having a meal last night which I did eat what I wanted. I had a salad with couscous and potato salad with a few tortilla chips and a pudding. Today I feel terrible! Completely besides myself feel like I've ruined everything! After being 100% for the first 13 weeks. I've now had a couple of weeks of having a day or two off.. My consultant is away for 3 weeks so I know that's the reason. I've got straight back on it though today. I got on the scales and says I've put on 6 lbs! Feel like I'm never gonna lose it before a week Monday which is when she is back. That is not something I will be making a habit of! week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs

I agree and second how your feeling. I had a meal off - I ate what I'd craved for the 5 weeks I'd been 100%. A kebab and chips. Although I relatively enjoyed it it wasn't as great as I remembered or imagined. I've now really struggled the following two days and although my "gain" is only 3lbs I feel fat bloated and like a complete failure. And don't know how to get back on it 100% :(

Caz lets do it together :) xx

To the O.P. Do whatever works for you. From my experience this week whilst I'm on ss this isn't gonna work for me it's too hard getting back on plan! Perhaps when I hit goal I will have a meal of any choice once a week. But currently it's just too hard getting back on it for me. Just watch that one treat doesn't become more each week :) and good luck in your journey.

I've managed to get back on it today fine. Just feel a bit tired!

Just feel really disappointed with myself. I could have lost these last few weeks and I will probably stay the same.

Not something I can make a habit of.

Lets do it together. How many weeks till Christmas? ................I need to beat this thing!

I agree and second how your feeling. I had a meal off - I ate what I'd craved for the 5 weeks I'd been 100%. A kebab and chips. Although I relatively enjoyed it it wasn't as great as I remembered or imagined. I've now really struggled the following two days and although my "gain" is only 3lbs I feel fat bloated and like a complete failure. And don't know how to get back on it 100% :(

Caz lets do it together :) xx

To the O.P. Do whatever works for you. From my experience this week whilst I'm on ss this isn't gonna work for me it's too hard getting back on plan! Perhaps when I hit goal I will have a meal of any choice once a week. But currently it's just too hard getting back on it for me. Just watch that one treat doesn't become more each week :) and good luck in your journey.

Thsnkyou... and yes my one treat day is definitely one day lol!!! Will keep you updated x

You have been on this diet three weeks. The second week you were off plan all week, that is the reason you had a big loss in the third week, because you were effectively starting again from scratch. You commented elsewhere that you gained 4lb in the second week, yet you claim to have lost 4lb in the second week by staying on plan on this thread. Make your mind up, and please don't be abusive towards me. http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/327235-christmas-challenge.html#post6722738

Actually if you read correctly I had planned 4 days off on week 3 and gained 4lbs but this does not have anything to do with my journey as I don't class that as week 3 as I wasn't on cwp that week... and god you need to read my reply again not in any way was I abusive toward u... like I said I Took on people's advice and opinions and then told them what happened this week weigh In!!!! I will keep everyone updated and if u r not interested and don't approve of my way then no-one is forcing you to make a comment... I didn't want advise on my loss I wanted advise and opinions on whether it works etc...n now I have tried and it's fab and my week was fab as I had Sunday to look forward to... 8lb!!!! So yeah it may not work next week but until then I'm staying positive and don't need or want your negativity... thanks and if u feel I habeas been abusive for whichever bizzare reyon then u need to read my reply again... but if I have offended u then I'm sorry... not.my intention... bye

Actually if you read correctly I had planned 4 days off on week 3 and gained 4lbs but this does not have anything to do with my journey as I don't class that as week 3 as I wasn't on cwp that week... and god you need to read my reply again not in any way was I abusive toward u... like I said I Took on people's advice and opinions and then told them what happened this week weigh In!!!! I will keep everyone updated and if u r not interested and don't approve of my way then no-one is forcing you to make a comment... I didn't want advise on my loss I wanted advise and opinions on whether it works etc...n now I have tried and it's fab and my week was fab as I had Sunday to look forward to... 8lb!!!! So yeah it may not work next week but until then I'm staying positive and don't need or want your negativity... thanks and if u feel I habeas been abusive for whichever bizzare reyon then u need to read my reply again... but if I have offended u then I'm sorry... not.my intention... bye

I think the point trying to be made is that while we are all interested in seeing how this strategy works for you maybe you want to put some warnings in with your posts about how you are going off the diet and doing your own version. Unfortunately it's not your fault but this forum is a place to go for people struggling and you wouldn't want your "experiences" to influence someone else and cause them to do the same but result in gains would you?

I know it's not intended but your last few posts make it sound like those internet ads for weight loss....there is a balence to find between being positive and being responsible...

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've managed to get back on it today fine. Just feel a bit tired! Just feel really disappointed with myself. I could have lost these last few weeks and I will probably stay the same. Not something I can make a habit of. Lets do it together. How many weeks till Christmas? ................I need to beat this thing! week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs

Yes we deffo need to do it for xmas!! Here begins my 100% day again!!

Ill probably only manage a sts by the skin of my teeth. I've not been terrible only one meal but I am completely and holding what seems like a tank of water lol!!

Come on we can do this! You've already got one 100% day under your belt that's the hardest ... That's my aim for the day :) xx

Absolutely I'm definately back on the straight and narrow. Have given myself a target of 2.5 stone by Christmas.

Day two almost done!

This has been an interesting and controversial thread to read!

I had a week off plan last month whilst being on holiday and I can honestly say that it only hindered my weight loss! I've also unfortunately not been 100% every week, although I have tried really hard, as I am a bit lacking when it comes to willpower! The "treat" days certainly have not boosted my weight loss and I wouldn't dream of making a habit of it, that is why I got to the point where I needed to go on this diet in the first place! I will be leaving the treats to when I finally get to target in future or I will never get there and I don't see the point in following this plan unless I stick to it!

But If it works for you mrsmya2210 then good for you, you are lucky! We are all different and I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. Look forward to reading your updates! X

We're all different and my personal experience is that:-

For first few weeks I was 100% lost 9lb then 3lb, 3lb then only 1lb a week for 2 weeks running - was feeling a bit miserable with small losses and had takeaway curry, was sensible with my choices, but still had starters and tandoori salmon, next week had lost 5lb.

Personally I think my metabolism slows down, I'm currently step 3 ish and eating between 800 and 1000 calories a day and just maintaining, I have 7lb left to target and think I need to increase calories and exercise a bit to kickstart my sluggish metabolism.

But as I said everyone's different and people need to do what works for them.

This has been an interesting and controversial thread to read!

I had a week off plan last month whilst being on holiday and I can honestly say that it only hindered my weight loss! I've also unfortunately not been 100% every week, although I have tried really hard, as I am a bit lacking when it comes to willpower! The "treat" days certainly have not boosted my weight loss and I wouldn't dream of making a habit of it, that is why I got to the point where I needed to go on this diet in the first place! I will be leaving the treats to when I finally get to target in future or I will never get there and I don't see the point in following this plan unless I stick to it!

But If it works for you mrsmya2210 then good for you, you are lucky! We are all different and I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. Look forward to reading your updates! X

Heyy... hope ur doing well... so just so everyone knows exactly how I am trying this is I had a treat day on Sunday... and then from Monday up until Saturday I had nothing apart from 3 shakes and 4litres of water... when I Say nothing I mean nothing... I had not a lick or bite of anything... then got weighed lost 8lb and had a treat or two lol and as of today again until Sunday I will b 100 percent... and will get weighed on Sunday and see if this continues to work... I am not saying this is the way or advising it... I'm just trying a way that I am happy with... I am good all week as I have Sunday to look forward to... people have said it's bad and I'm wrong but to be honest in the real world when I am at target I will always have a treat day so y stop that... anyways hope this all helps and u understand... lol so yeah I will defo update everyone on my loss or gain or if this doesn't continue to work etc... good luck with your journey... xxx

We're all different and my personal experience is that:-

For first few weeks I was 100% lost 9lb then 3lb, 3lb then only 1lb a week for 2 weeks running - was feeling a bit miserable with small losses and had takeaway curry, was sensible with my choices, but still had starters and tandoori salmon, next week had lost 5lb.

Personally I think my metabolism slows down, I'm currently step 3 ish and eating between 800 and 1000 calories a day and just maintaining, I have 7lb left to target and think I need to increase calories and exercise a bit to kickstart my sluggish metabolism.

But as I said everyone's different and people need to do what works for them.

Yes!!! We r all different.. and there is no harm trying to figure what works for me. . Thanks good luck x

Back