Having a very bad weekend.....husband in hospital

fairydust81

Hi all,

Just needed to vent, normally I'd be stuffing my face now but ive stayed strong so far. My husband was admitted to the surgical unit in hospital last night as his diverticular disease has been flaring for the last two weeks, he's not been eating and has lost a stone in weight. Anyway yesterday he was in agony and vomiting so his GP had him admitted. He is on IV antibiotics and is going for a CT scan today so they can decide if he needs to have the infected section of bowel removed, if this happens he faces a colostomy temporarily. Absolute nightmare for him, he's so upset and scared and we have our holiday abroad four weeks today. I'm trying to keep daughter entertained and stop her worrying but I'm so worried myself.

Trying to kee busy at the moment, can't visit til 7pm tonight :-( .... So strange sleeping on my own last night

fairydust81 said:
Hi all,

Just needed to vent, normally I'd be stuffing my face now but ive stayed strong so far. My husband was admitted to the surgical unit in hospital last night as his diverticular disease has been flaring for the last two weeks, he's not been eating and has lost a stone in weight. Anyway yesterday he was in agony and vomiting so his GP had him admitted. He is on IV antibiotics and is going for a CT scan today so they can decide if he needs to have the infected section of bowel removed, if this happens he faces a colostomy temporarily. Absolute nightmare for him, he's so upset and scared and we have our holiday abroad four weeks today. I'm trying to keep daughter entertained and stop her worrying but I'm so worried myself.

Trying to kee busy at the moment, can't visit til 7pm tonight :-( .... So strange sleeping on my own last night

Aaaah your poor husband no wonder u stressing out Hun but well done for not being bad that must be so hard at the minute x I hope he doesn't have to have surgery and he will be ok stay strong xx

Oh sweetheart! That's awful news I know it might seem like the furthest thing from the mind but well done for sticking to the plan! I hope you've got family/ friends around you to support you at this horrible time! Is there anybody who can stay with you so you're not on your own? Hope everything goes alright with your husband hunny *sending you virtual hugs*

Hoping he recovers quickly, and well done for staying so strong.

Back