Having another SS detox for a few weeks

Big H

Silver Member
It's nearly 4 years since my first cd experience where I lost 104 pounds, since then I have been up and down in a 2.5 stone gain/loss cycle. I have tried hypnosis, seen 2 shrinks, had sessions with a nutrionist and I still can't crack the cycle. I'm o.k for a period of time (sometimes as long as 4-5 months) but as soon as a few pounds go back on, I go back into all or nothing mode nd feel that I have blown it and go completely out of control again. I am starting SS today again, not as a solution, because I will almost certainly be back here again in 6 months saying the same thing (unless I can beat my demons) but to draw a line in the sand and get some control and stop gaining weight. If I try to stop the binging without CD, I will just continue to gain weight and then have to spend longer on CD to get it off.

I'm not downbeat about it, I know that I have to find a longer term solution, but for the time being I just need to stop binging and SS is my only cure. Once I get back to near my goal weight, I will once again try and address the issues and try not to continue this cycle any more

See you around guys :)

Hi H. This is me all over too! I have now ordered a few books about eating and am going to read them before I start the plans again. Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks - Good luck to you too x

Hi H. This is me all over too! Although i am always up/down a stone. I think my problem is never going up the plans completely and not having my head in the right place at the right time. I have now ordered a few books about eating and am going to read them before I start the plans again. Good luck

Morning Hunni - I'm back on CD again - just not getting to grips with SW, so back to the no food regime for a few weeks - see how I get on..

Morning Hunni - I'm back on CD again - just not getting to grips with SW, so back to the no food regime for a few weeks - see how I get on..

Sux don't it ;-)

We'll get there in the end - at least we haven't given up lol x

welcome back! good luck and keep posting. Lots of people use CD (including my CDC) for a long time after goal so go for it!

Cheers Hun x

Hi Big H, your post really hit home with me,as the reason I love this diet is I feel it is a tool I can keep going back to when I see the scales going up.
Although I am not there yet, I feel sad knowing that I will always be an all or nothing person, yes I know exactly what to eat and how to eat,but without cd to fall back on I feel that is the only way I can manage my weight-and I am just so glad I found it.
Enjoy your detox,I am looking forward to my next one which starts from bedtime tonight.

Thanks everybody

Hi big H good luck look forward to seeing your results xx

HI Big H , your post hit home with me too , I seem to be similar to you , I havent got to goal yet but seem to keep self sabotaging , I will d great for a few weeks and then binge , I think I am scared to actually get to goal and loose the control that CD gives me , but I know I have to ,.... I am hoping to try hypnotherapy too and maybe CBT .. but I so hope to be able to change my views on eating and move food to a different 'place ' in my mind ......

I wish you all the luck and if you do find the answer to maintaining , please let me know xxx

Hi Big H and well done for coming back :) it's a really difficult decision to get back on the diet wagon but it's absolutely the best thing you could have done. I know you will have lots of support from everyone here and I look forward to seeing your losses each week :):) GOOD LUCK x

This post is a year old btw

Back