Having Chicken Salad on SS?

danielpartyuk

Hello,

It's my friends 40th tonight and really wanted to go out for dinner. I'm on SS, if I order a chicken cesser salad, with avacado, dressing and cheese but miss off the crutons and bread would I stay in Ketosis? I've only had 1 Cambridge product today so intended to skip the other 3 and have the salad instead?

Advice please?

I think it should be ok because its all low in carbs isn't it?

xx

Ok consider that done! So cheese / chicken/ salad and dressing willbe ok?

Whether or not you decide to have the meal tonight, you should still have your other cd meals as they provide you with all the vitamins and minerals etc that your body needs and the one meal would not give you all that.

Having the meal will probably knock you out of ketosis but you should get back into it quickly enough if you resume ss the day after!

Have a fun evening!
x

Whether or not you decide to have the meal tonight, you should still have your other cd meals as they provide you with all the vitamins and minerals etc that your body needs and the one meal would not give you all that.

Having the meal will probably knock you out of ketosis but you should get back into it quickly enough if you resume ss the day after!

Have a fun evening!
x

Hi!

I'm not that bothered about "getting what I need" vitamins wise, I know that when I was eating myself without this diet I certainly wasn't getting what I needed so one day without is not going to be a shock to my system. I'd rather "save" those carbs for my meal than have those Cambridge things and then have a meal aswell - surely thats more likely to knock me out of ketosis?

I've looked at whats in a chicken cesser salad and theres less carbs than there is in a shake, so missing 3 of them for a meal should be fine???

EEEK!

Oh no not the chicken salads LOL
I would say its fine but never listen to me because i started on a very slippery slope with the chiken salads. Like yourself i started off having one chicken salad on a special night out. I loved it so much that i then went to having a chicken salad every friday as a a treat and something to look forward to. Then that friday turned into a Thursday and a Friday. Then i added in a wednesday after WI and 2weeks ago i had 7 chicken salads in 6 days haha and they werent small chicken salads lol. oops!! Becareful that this one time dont turn into something more.

Have a lovely time tho hun :D <3 xxx

The dressing is really bad for you! Very high in fat and salt. I would just go for the chicken and lettuce, then it's just like a ss+ meal x x

What about having your normal shakes, ordering and paying for your salad, then just eat the chicken and re-arrange the rest under your knife and fork so no-one knows you have left any! I know it's no fun, but if you are feeling quite full it will be easier.

Haven't any more advice to give as everyone has said it already - thought it was your birthday so was going to say happy birthday, but it's your friend not you, lol. I'm a bit ditzy today:)

its not about the vitamins and minerals - but on this diet you NEED the PROTEIN to maintain your muscle. Otherwise its very bad for you to be on such low calories and have an unbalanced diet.

Which yes, you state you had before, but theres a reason as to why you need a minimum amount of packs per day.

hiya im on week 3 and ate 2 chicken salads last week and still lost 5lbs. no dressing though and no onion is what ive been told but i really would have your cd meals they are what keeps you going x

Yep agree about still having CD shakes they will help you not give in to overeating too. Also be arful how big your portion is as on ss+ we are only allowed a very small amount of salad. Hope it works out what ever you decide to do!

I would do the chicken and salad and start again tomorrow.

OMG Tasha - are you me in disguise - last week my Friday night salad turned into Friday, Saturday and Sunday - disaster.

Luckily - I am on a course tomorrow and can't go for WI til next week - I'm hoping I claw it back!!

Have a lovely night out x

Back