having my wisdom tooth out on tuesday

yes, you and your teeth, you dont do these things by halves. mine went so well. conscious sedation, cant remember a thing after the injection, no stitches, no bleeding after leaving hospital. i was so scared as well. no need..

Hey...that's excellent! They didn't offer me sedation. Well they offered a GA, but I didn't want that as I had to drive home. Didn't offer anything else.

A load of stitches and a face that looked like I had been attacked by a hammer. No feeling down the left side of face, but it had been like that for a while anyway..so I can't blame them for that :D

Really pleased it went well Jen. Horrible thing toofyache eh.

blimey. was yours impacted? was there something extra awkward about it? i reckon they gave me sedation cos they saw what a scaredy cat i was. maybe also cos my tooth was unusually close to the nerve endings and there was a risk of nerve damage. i had the top dude senior surgeon do it for that reason. apparently he trains the dentists at guy's. obviously a skilled chap. neat little job.

blimey. was yours impacted? was there something extra awkward about it? i reckon they gave me sedation cos they saw what a scaredy cat i was. maybe also cos my tooth was unusually close to the nerve endings and there was a risk of nerve damage. i had the top dude senior surgeon do it for that reason. apparently he trains the dentists at guy's. obviously a skilled chap. neat little job.

Only the best Jen. That's the way to do it :)

No, it wasn't impacted. The root had grown around the nerve (hence the loss of feeling in my face) They sawed through my jaw. Twas a bit difficult...but got there in the end and glad it's out.

They said the nerves might be permanently damaged and not to expect to get the feeling back...but it might.

Started coming back about 3 weeks later. So chuffed.

You can say that again:rolleyes:

On the good side, I have my final check after my wisdom tooth extraction next week, then a bit of luck they sign me off:cool:

Well, that is good - at last! Having followed your saga, I think I'm jolly lucky that wisdom teeth haven't felt the need to make their presence felt in my mouth....except that the fabulously healthy tombstones are wobbling a bit now:cry:After all these years of flippin' flossin', I find my devil-self glaring at people on telly with firm, tight gums....bah humbug! Not that I can eat humbugs, of course. Cambridge Crunch bars? Not for me!

Letter in paper today said man told by NHS dentist that they "weren't able" (?.....somehow not trained to do so???) to do the extraction work necessary to fix his broken, jagged tooth, so man now on other local NHS list for "initial appointment" sometime in April, for real "appointment" in July, and therefore tempted to dip into meagre savings... how does this happen?

NHS - covers everything.....except teeth, eyes, feet, backs or anything urgent (and I'm a supporter...) Sorry Jen - hijacked your thread and ranting all in one go...Better go to bed.

Sill waiting for gallbladder results from 3rd Jan though:( ooh, long time, KD ....not good...but I bet you guessed the answer already?....[/quote]

And now the message editor tells me this response is too short.....? Ah, somehow not too short. Goodnight, all.

I was terrified. Had to wait in the waiting room on my tod forever as they had an emergency come in.

I threw up in the loo twice:eek:

Hope you are feeling okay Jen. :)

Hope you are feeling okay Jen. :)

not bad today thanks hon. now the ear pain's virtually gone i seem to be more aware of the tooth pain which i didn't notice at all the last few days. i don't think the painkillers know where to go what with dodgy ear on one side of my head and tooth hole on the other! i would be suffering without the co-codamol that's for sure. still hoping to go back to work monday though x

Back