• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hayley's Diary

Hayley

Hi

I am Hayley and I will be joining you on WW as of Friday. Why Friday? Well, firstly because it's the first of the month and secondly, because I have ordered my WW scales and they probably won't be here until then.

I will be counting points rather than Core and have everything I need to get me started. I have a rough idea of how many points I will be allowed - I think it will be in excess of 30 but I am too heavy for the scales I have at the moment so cannot get an accurate weight:eek: - another reason for getting the new scales.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

raudi

One Last Time.......
S: 20st1lb C: 15st9lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 4st6lb(22.06%)
Hi Hayley and welcome to the boards!!!

Feel free to ask any questions!!

Nice to have another new face join us on here!! :)

Sparkle

Gold Member
Welcome Hayley! Good to see you here! Can't wait to read about your journey, I'm sure you're going to do fantastically well! :D

Hayley

Got my scales today - have only worked out straighforward weighing so far but they appear to be able to calculate BMI, fat content and water content too.

It looks like I am going to be allowed 31 points - unless I lose half a stone before my start date which is unlikely because it's Friday :)

Hayley

Yes the glass type ones - they were £45 but you can probably get them cheaper but I got them from my Freemans catalogue to take advantage of the Buy Now Pay January

Welcome Haley
Hope you do really well with your weightloss take it you are not going to a ww meeting. You can do just as well without going . Just take each day at a time and you will soon lose the weight you want to everybody can do it
Good Luck on your weightloss journey.

Hayley

Oh dear - it's not too late for me to send them back.

Can you recommend some good ones? A lot only go up to 20st but I need ones that go higher than that :sigh:

Oh dear - it's not too late for me to send them back.

Can you recommend some good ones? A lot only go up to 20st but I need ones that go higher than that :sigh:
Yours might be fine :) Mine were just rubbish the figures fluctuated constantly and there was almost a stone of a difference between them and the right weight lol

I ended up getting Salter ones but as I said dont be put off the WW ones if yours seem ok :eek:

raudi

One Last Time.......
S: 20st1lb C: 15st9lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 4st6lb(22.06%)
Hi i have ww glass scales and are very accurate and are the same as my ww group .....

Hayley

Welcome Haley
Hope you do really well with your weightloss take it you are not going to a ww meeting. You can do just as well without going . Just take each day at a time and you will soon lose the weight you want to everybody can do it
Good Luck on your weightloss journey.
Thank you

Hayley

See Ill have just been unlucky - there were probably about 30000 sets in the warehouse and they sent me the one wonky set lol

LOL - just got all the packaging out of the bin too. I'll see how I go and if I have problems I'll return them as faulty (like if, for example, I don't lose any weight;))

Hayley

I've gained 5 lbs over night on my new scales.

I am thinking of returning them and getting weighed by the nurse at my doctors surgery.

Just waiting for an appt - it will probably mean that I will only weigh in once a month though but that shouldn't be a problem should it?

Getting weighed once a month wont be a problem BUT do you think you can go a month without a weigh in.

I had the same problem when I started. I bought the WW scales which were rubbish and returned them and went to my doctor for my weigh in. Waiting 4 weeks was torture!!

I ended up buying other scales, which have been great but I still go to my doctor every 4 weeks for a weigh in with him. Hes recording it all in my records and will stand me in good stead should I need surgery once I get to goal. It also means if my weight loss plateaus then he can monitor that too.

If you think you can manage with a weigh in once a month its certainly an option but I know I couldnt.

Remember too to weigh yourself at the same time of day and - and this can sound mad - in the same place lol

Hayley

Hmm - I can't see the nurse until next Wednesday but I've had a brainwave.

There is a gym at work and I think they may have some of those scales that you pay to weigh yourself on. I thought if weighed myself at 8am tomorrow morning when I get to work and then every Friday morning ongoing - making sure I always wear the same clothes on a Friday - then that should work.

I will certainly know that the scales are in the same place.