Hayley's Diary

There weren't any scales at work in the end so I've still not resolved that issue.

I have done okay so far and had 11 points leaving plenty for dinner, etc

I feel really bad now at putting you off your WW scales!!!

Id definitely recommend Salter ones if youre going to replace them. Ive got them and theyre great :)

Glad youre having a good day - 11 points for dinner etc sounds like a great amount, Im sure you could squeeze a few treats in there ;)

I feel really bad now at putting you off your WW scales!!!

Id definitely recommend Salter ones if youre going to replace them. Ive got them and theyre great :)

Glad youre having a good day - 11 points for dinner etc sounds like a great amount, Im sure you could squeeze a few treats in there ;)

That was how many I had had up until that post - I had 20 left for dinner and managed 16 so will carry 4 over - that's allowed I think.

Thanks for the info re the scales - I will have a look. :)

My WW scales are hilarious - they come with carpet feet and it says to use them for more accurate results when using the scales on carpet.

I tried them today without the carpet feet to see what happens and I lost 9 stone :rotflmao:

Finally managed to change the title of my thread - I was clicking the left not the right for all that time!!

I am so glad that day one is complete - I didn't find it too hard going but that may be because I can have quite a lot of points at the moment.

This was yesterday

Apple 0.5

Tesco Chicken & Sweetcorn Sandwich 7
Walkers Baked Crisps 1.5

Butterkist Toffee popcorn 2

M&S Ham & Pineapple Pizza 14
Solero Exotic 2

Totally 27 leaving 4 to be carried over

Hmm - half a point over today but had 4 spare from yesterday so now have 3.5 in the bank so to speak.

Have started using my Journal - was using a spare diary but thought I may as well make use of the Journal seeing as I have it. I got the £9.95 pack that has the journal, cardboard points finder, shopping guide and eating out guide - well I say I got it, actually a nice lady from another forum I post on got it from her class and posted it to me.

Am still a bit miffed that I've not resolved the situation with the scales - have sent the WW ones back today and am looking for the Salter's that Starlight recommended but they are no longer on Amazon so I have emailed Salter direct to see if they are still made and whether I can buy direct.

Just reread that - what a load of waffle.

Thanks

They should be here in 2 days - it looks like they will be a lot better just by looking at the picture as the feet are a lot wider than the WW ones.

My WW scales are hilarious - they come with carpet feet and it says to use them for more accurate results when using the scales on carpet.

I tried them today without the carpet feet to see what happens and I lost 9 stone :rotflmao:

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me.... if I put them on the bathroom floor they showed me 9 or 10 stone lighter lol

No Marie, this isnt the answer for you ;)

Just wondered :) I had WW ones but found they were really inaccurate, ended up returning them lol

Good luck with Friday :)
Were they innaccurate or inconsistant?
The first is no prob as you can just add/subtract what they are out by to get the true weight,but on a day to day ( err sorry that should be week by week ) it's CHANGE that you're after, & for that you need scales that give CONSISTANT readings.
Mine are great. 30 yrs old & the lbs scale is so covered in fluff that I can't read parts of it. So I read off the KG & convert.
They under weigh by a good 1/2 stone,BUT I can get on & off 1/2 dozen times & they show the same weight within a smidge of a Kg.....if you see what I mean.

Hi i have ww glass scales and are very accurate and are the same as my ww group .....
they sound good
I've gained 5 lbs over night on my new scales.
...compared to the same scales y'day?

I am thinking of returning them and getting weighed by the nurse at my doctors surgery.

Just waiting for an appt - it will probably mean that I will only weigh in once a month though but that shouldn't be a problem should it?

I'm sure monthly weighs will give a fab boost to the morale...if...you can mange the time between W/I's. A month is quite a long time esp at the start.
Eg when I started on here I updated my ticker twice a week to help me focus. Then I felt secure enough to do it weekly. Currently I could probably manage fortnightly, but to wait a month before getting a reward for work done? 30 days between getting confirmation that it's working & that my body isn't the one with the alien Metabolisnm? It's a lot to ask.
/quote]

Hmm - I can't see the nurse until next Wednesday but I've had a brainwave.

There is a gym at work and I think they may have some of those scales that you pay to weigh yourself on. I thought if weighed myself at 8am tomorrow morning when I get to work and then every Friday morning ongoing - making sure I always wear the same clothes on a Friday - then that should work.
Perfect. available, should be reliable & you can't scale hop day & night.
I will certainly know that the scales are in the same place.

There weren't any scales at work in the end so I've still not resolved that issue.
SHAME!
I have done okay so far and had 11 points leaving plenty for dinner, etc

Wow this WW points diet is v powerful stuff.

To be fair to scales I think the way to give them the best chance of giving consistant results is to keep them in one place & to always use them in that one place. My bedroom carpet (which is from previous owner & of similar era to my scales) has an impression on it from the scales, so I always know where to put them.

Found the scales online at scales r us :D

sounds like a place that might sell weighing equipment then?

Hi Jane

Yes the 5 lb gain overnight was on the same scales in the same place (with the carpet feet on).

I wasn't overly impressed that Babyliss make the WW scales - it's a brand that I would associate with curling tongs and hair straighteners more than weighing scales. I think Salter is a better bet due to them making all sorts of weighing things.

Scales r us is great - free delivery within 2 days too.

I know what you mean about the scales not needing to be accurate as long as they are consistent but I like accuracy in all things. I am a bit like that!

Is there not a Boots near you that has scales (that you pay to use) in? I know it's horrible getting weighed in public but it's the only thing I can think of if you're struggling to find consistent scales.

You seem to be doing well dietwise though so keep it up! :D

The Boots in town doesn't have them - there are some in the toilet in the shopping centre though.

I should be okay once my Salter scales arrive, which should be by Wednesday

:)

Hi Jane

Yes the 5 lb gain overnight was on the same scales in the same place (with the carpet feet on).

I wasn't overly impressed that Babyliss make the WW scales - it's a brand that I would associate with curling tongs and hair straighteners more than weighing scales. I think Salter is a better bet due to them making all sorts of weighing things.

Scales r us is great - free delivery within 2 days too.

I know what you mean about the scales not needing to be accurate as long as they are consistent but I like accuracy in all things. I am a bit like that!

i can understand that. confess it came as a bit of a shock to find i'd spent the last 30 yrs 1/2 stone heavier than I'd thought.ah well ignorance is bliss as they say.

migth take alooka at the web site.maintainance may require more accurate scales as it's no longer about measuring change, & all to do with staying within boundaries!
The Boots in town doesn't have them - there are some in the toilet in the shopping centre though.

I should be okay once my Salter scales arrive, which should be by Wednesday

:)

Would you be good enough to come back & tel us about your scales when you've got the hang of them please?

I wil certainly give a full report on my new scales once they arrive.

I have had another good day today and have 10 points left - I bought some WW brownies just now and I may carry some points over.

I had a chicken shish kebab tonight which was lovely - eating out guide said 4 points but I counted 6 as I had the next size up from a small.

Back