Hayley's Diary

Just carried 4 over.

Scales have arrived but I haven't seen them yet as I am still at work. Got them for £44.88 inc P&P.

Not sure what time I posted but I was up quite late/early with one of my dogs who had some teeth out yesterday.

I didn't like the WW Brownies much :(

Scales are great - they have a much larger platform than the WW ones which is good as my feet are big.

They are also a lot more consistent when I move them around the room - although I will weigh in the same place from now on.

I will still weigh in on Friday and use the weight that I was on the WW scales last Friday as my start weight - possibly not ideal but I don't want to take this Friday's weight as the start weight and start all over again (if you see what I mean)

Thanks for recommending them Starlight :)

I was quite bad last night but have decided to have 4 points less per day for the next 4 days to attempt to make up for it.

I basically went 16 points over yesterday :eek: but I know where I went wrong and it was my decision to fall off the wagon so to speak so I only have myself to blame.

I will still weigh in tomorrow and hopefully won't have done too much damage.

Glad you like the scales. Good luck with your WI :)

5 lbs off for me which I am really pleased with as I had a bit of a blip on Wednesday.

WOOHOO!! :bliss: Well done! :D

Thank you - just realised that you live on the IOW - I love it there!

Will be holidaying there later in the year - much later - November!! Didn't have a lot of cash when we booked and so were looking for a cheap week - cheap as it out of season - not as in IOW is cheap.

We hope to move over there one day but I'm not sure what the job opportunities are like.

I moved over here two years ago today! I love it here. On one hand it's a lot better in the summer because you have the great weather and can go to the beach - on the other hand it's better in the winter as you can still have a (brisk) walk along the beach(es) and there aren't as many tourists.

Job wise.... Well there are the opportunities, but don't expect the pay to be the same. It really depends on what it is you do (I work for a recruitment company so have a resonable idea lol), whereabouts do you holiday/would you like to move to?

We stay in Binstead in Ryde, close to Tesco in a bungalow that we rent so that we can take our dogs.

I am an Administrator and earn £18k here but also have a degree in Statistics but found it very hard going so probably wouldn't like to have a job in that field. Do you have any jobs for me ;)

OH is a driving instructor so I suppose he would be okay.

Not sure where we would move to but we would probably rent at first in case we wanted to come back.

From what I've seen it's unlikely that you'd ever earn that much here unfortunately. The norm seems to be anywhere between £12500 - £15000 (legal secretaries can get £16k+) it depends on who you work for really.

I would advise against moving to Ventnor... umm I suppose Cowes is okay... to be honest I'm biased towards Newport. It's basically the capital so easy to get to anywhere from here. It's just a case of getting to know the areas really.

Can't you put more in your signature as well?? Maybe get a ticker? ;)

If I am completely honest, no offence intended to anyone, I find the massive signatures a bit annoying - only because I have to scoll down half a page to read the next reply!

However, I can see that the tickers and goals and things are beneficial to the members.

I will look for a ticker.

If I am completely honest, no offence intended to anyone, I find the massive signatures a bit annoying - only because I have to scoll down half a page to read the next reply!

However, I can see that the tickers and goals and things are beneficial to the members.

<<Takes major offence>>

I'm kidding! I know what you mean, I used to find it annoyring as well, now I need as much motivation as I can get! lol

If you go to User CP, and then Options and scroll down you can tick a box and it gets rid of everyones signatures for you! :)

5 lbs off for me which I am really pleased with as I had a bit of a blip on Wednesday.

Super result!

Thank you - just realised that you live on the IOW - I love it there!

Will be holidaying there later in the year - much later - November!! Didn't have a lot of cash when we booked and so were looking for a cheap week - cheap as it out of season - not as in IOW is cheap.

We hope to move over there one day but I'm not sure what the job opportunities are like.
we love the IOW too. Would love to live there but jobs always the big problem.

I would advise against moving to Ventnor... umm I suppose Cowes is okay... to be honest I'm biased towards Newport. It's basically the capital so easy to get to anywhere from here. It's just a case of getting to know the areas really.

Fascinating! Why? What's wrong with ventnor? And what's it ever done to you? Is it all old people? I've had someof the best crab saladss/sandwiches in my life in ventnor so that has biased me.

Can't you put more in your signature as well?? Maybe get a ticker? ;)
I was going to suggest that too.

If I am completely honest, no offence intended to anyone, I find the massive signatures a bit annoying - only because I have to scoll down half a page to read the next reply!..guilty as charged,but I do know what you mean

Do get a ticker. After nearly 6 months on CD I still get a childish thrill when I've weighed in & it's 'Ticker-moving Time'

<<Takes major offence>>

I'm kidding! I know what you mean, I used to find it annoyring as well, now I need as much motivation as I can get! lol

If you go to User CP, and then Options and scroll down you can tick a box and it gets rid of everyones signatures for you! :)
..i never knew that. Will go & investigate!

Back