Health Trainer

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by tazzy21, 17 November 2011 Social URL.

1. tazzy21

tazzy21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(3.88%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My GP asked me if I wanted to see a health trainer, its a free service through the NHS. I had my first appointment yesterday. She took a waist measurement and my weight and asked me to fill in a food diary for two weeks. Then she will see me every two weeks and set a goal for me each time. I'm sceptical, having seen dieticians in the past, but willing to give it a try!

As I can't afford to go to SW class at the moment I thought it might be nice for someone to go over my food input and excercise. I'm still sticking to SW so it will be interesting to see what she makes of my food diary. Has anyone else seen a health trainer? what did you make of the service?

Tazzy x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tazzy21

tazzy21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(3.88%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    sorry...

I meant to post this in 'off Topic'. Dont know how to move it :confused:

Tazzy x

4. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there, I haven't seen a health trainer myself but I work in a children's centre and have had a health trainer hold appointments where I work. She was very friendly and realistic, we had some very good feedback from service users and she really promoted exercise as well as healthy eating. Good luck with it x

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Not had one myself but Good Luck and keep us posted about how you get on and what she thinks of our sw ways!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.