Healthy Extras question.

PinkToaster

Silver Member
Is Oatabix a HexB? I've run out of Weetabix and nothing seems to fill me up like those two.

Is Oatabix a HexB? I've run out of Weetabix and nothing seems to fill me up like those two.

28g Weetabix Oatabix Bitesize (any variety) and 1 Ryvita High Fibre Crackerbread. Hope this helps!!!:)

Yes, thankyou!
Another question:
Are there any HexB breads that aren't brown but best of both or something?

Only brown is a healthy extra as it contains enough fibre to "qualify" as a healthy extra. Also, any brown bread with seeds has to be a syn value as the seeds are syns. Hope this helps!

you can have 2 slices of nimble white as a heB my OH will only have white so thats what we buy

Oatibix biscuits are not a Healthy Extra - only the Weetabix. I've asked my consultant numerous times and she's adamant that it's only the Weetabix biscuits that are a HEX.

It says

28g Weetabix Oatibix bitesize any variety + 1 Ryvita Wholemeal on the SW website under the healthy extra section of the food diary

Well... Thanks about the Oatabix, I have put in an order for weetabix so that will be sorted.
Is it any brown bread? I just bought a loaf of Hovis medium wholemeal. Is that okay?

Officially it's 2 slices from a 400g loaf and 1 slice from an 800g loaf. However, a lady at group weighed 2 slices from an 800g loaf and they didnt weigh much more than 2 slices from a 400g loaf! So it's up to you really :D

Back