Healthy extras

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by Gingernut, 5 May 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    I am just enquiring about the healthy extras why is it that you are only allowed 28g of cereal as this does not seem much at all especially when you start work early .
    Also why cant you have any other cereals apart from whats on the healthy extra list i like cornflakes frosties

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Because they're lower in fibre and higher in sugar. You can still have them but you have to count it as syns. If you buy puffed wheat (with no sugar) 28g is a huuuuge bowlful. 28g isn't a lot, but it's easy to eat a lot of calories with cereals, that's why its limited. Try adding fruit to bulk it out.

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    You could combine 2 HEX Bs and have 56g?
    Or as dehli says- add free food, so have 28g cereal and a boiled egg or some fruit.
    x

5. crimson_noir

crimson_noir Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.6%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Because the HEX's are around 100 cals each and that's how many cals are in 28g's.

6. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I have a Mullerlight yogurt with my cereal instead of milk - larger portion of food in the morning and it saves my HExA for later!

7. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have my 28g of cereal (not much is it!!) and have it with chopped banana and free yoghurt instead of milk, so it ends up being quite filling in the end.

8. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    I agree that 28g of cereal is not much at all dont think i could stomach yoghurt first thing in morning

9. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I sometimes have allbran, you get 42g and mix it with low fat fromage frais and chopped banana, lovely! And you won't be hungry till lunch.

10. anwen

anwen Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    SW
    It's definitely worth investigating non-cereal options which are generally much more filling. Cornflakes and frosties are dreadful, if you're at all sensitive to sugar they give you a massive crash an hour or so after eating, leading to being ravenous.

Weetabix is quite good as far as cereal goes, you can have (I think) 2 weetabix for 1 HEB, chop up a banana and add milk, lovely! And ridiculously filling. I (who can easily eat two great big bowls of crunchy nut chocolate clusters in quick succession) can never even finish it...

A nice poached egg, some lean bacon and a couple of slices from a 400g loaf (1HEB) plus a yoghurt and/or a piece of fruit is another nice big breakfast, or if you can't face cooking how about a more "continental" style cold meat and cheese (a couple of very thin slices of something nice like Emmenthal weighed as an HEA) platter thingy?

11. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    Thanks anwen for your suggestions of breakfasts and thanks to anyone else whao has given me advise

12. Lil Pet Dragon

Lil Pet Dragon Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(3.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if Kerry Low Low Chilli Cheese Spread is a healthy option A Choice?

13. ally7997

ally7997 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(20.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yeah 60g is an A choice on all plans and a B choice on green!
    HTH

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

14. tryingtolose

tryingtolose Full Member

Start Weight:
    78.1kg
    Current Weight:
    75.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    63kg
    Lost(%):
    2.6kg(3.37%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm eating 28gr of oatmeal microwaved with a 200gr 0.1% yogurt and topped with strawberries or raspberries and half a banana (or a whole one if I still can!). It's quite filling and keeps me for a good 4 hours at least. Then I just wait another hour and have lunch!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.