Healthy food and taste.

goldengirls22

Hi,

I've new to the site, and only recently decided to start dieting after a few unfortunate comments I overheard.

Anyway, I've looked at a lot of different diets (well 3) and it seems slimmingworld is the most popular. I was just wondering on the taste of 'healthy food'. I do like a bit of mayo and ketchup and cheese - but the meals seem quite restricted. I was wondering if there were any other alternatives to making healthy food tastier so I can embark on slimmingworld without thinking from the outset that I won't make it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I've new to the site, and only recently decided to start dieting after a few unfortunate comments I overheard.

Anyway, I've looked at a lot of different diets (well 3) and it seems slimmingworld is the most popular. I was just wondering on the taste of 'healthy food'. I do like a bit of mayo and ketchup and cheese - but the meals seem quite restricted. I was wondering if there were any other alternatives to making healthy food tastier so I can embark on slimmingworld without thinking from the outset that I won't make it?

What's restrictive about eating healthy, wholesome, made from scratch homecooked food??? I don't see SW as a diet but a fantastic lifestyle choice! Good luck with whichever 'diet' you choose to follow x

You can still have your cheese and your bit of ketchup with Slimming World ;) 1tbsp of ketchup is 1 syn, you have 15 syns per day to play with :D and as for cheese, reduced fat cheddar is a HeA and you can have 42g

Slimming World is definitely the best thing going, it's not restrictive at all - you can make amazing alternatives to your usual food, curry, lasagne, spag bol, fish and chips.. even cakes.

Oh and if you fancy a Curly Wurly they're around 6 or 6.5syns ;) (I don't eat chocolate, lactose intolerant grrr lol)

I want everyone to join SW lol

I lost 4st in 9 months with them :D you have chosen the right slimming group ;)

Good luck!

Hi,

Hello hun and welcome.

you can still have these things but you need to make your choices wisely. On SW you are allowed 15 syns to spend on what you like.

Hellmanns mayo - 5 syns a tablespoon
Extra Light Mayo - 1 syn a tablespoon

You see it is about making the right choices, after all you will need to make these changes following any plan.

Heinz ketchup is only 1 syn per tablespoon so that one is ok.

As for your cheese you can have 42g low fat cheese as a healthy extra (you do not have to count it as syns) or you can syn it if you wish for 6 syns.

Normal non-low fat cheese is 28g as a healthy extra or 6 syns.

I hope this helps xx

I know that homecooked food is a great way to loose weight, but it's tough to balance life and healthy eating sometimes... I'm definitely going to have a look at SW - just hope I don't feel like I'm starving myself...

Have you taken a look in the recipe forum and at people's food diaries! Trust me there's nothing restrictive about SW! The only thing that restricts people is their lack of imagination and unwillingness to try new things.

And as for worrying about starving yourself I eat more now than I ever did before SW it's just good quality food instead of crap. If you feel starving on SW then you're definitely not doing it right! Why would there ever be a time when you are starving when there are lists of foods that you can eat as much as you want without measuring or weighing :D

Last edited:
Im slightly concerned that you seem to have a very distorted view on sw! where did you get your information from when you began researching!?

I know that homecooked food is a great way to loose weight, but it's tough to balance life and healthy eating sometimes... I'm definitely going to have a look at SW - just hope I don't feel like I'm starving myself...

Hi, really dont worry about that I feel like I never stop eating and have never been hungry whilst still eating things I love - you just have to make wee adjustments and follow the rules and it works very well. :)

Best. Diet. Ever :)
No restrictions with 'free' foods, and plenty of support both on here & in the groups if you decided to attend a meeting.

Maybe pick up the latest slimming world mag to get a gist of how the plan works? Or pop a question on the right boards on here & people will surely answer the best they can.

I've previously done other diets, and felt restricted counting weighing measuring on slimming world its as easy as it sounds, wholesome healthy food, with some convienience (i.e pasta and sauce etc) thrown in there for when you can't make from scratch but can stick to plan!

Welcome aboard if you decide to join us :) and best of luck with your success if not xxxx

I suggest you go along to a group and let the consultant give you the welcome talk. There's no obligation and you can see how you feel once she's told you everything you are allowed to eat.

In 3 years I have never been hungry on SW.
Life and healthy eating do go together - what's hard about a jacket potato and beans? Or an omelette? Or pasta in a lovely home made tomato sauce?
Give it a shot - it's truly a great eating plan.

To me having mayo, ketchup and cheese sounds restricted. On SW all herbs and spices are free so you have a whole world of flavours available to you and you shouldn't need to add extra flavour.

Have a look in the Slimming World magazine at your newsagent. It will give you an idea of the kinds of things you can cook; also some of the convenience foods you can buy which fit into the plan. All of it is good, healthy, tasty food. And lots of it.

i agree with the others.
there is NOTHING restrictive about slimming world at all!!!! you can have pretty much everything....do what others said and take a look in the food diaries section.
sure you'll find lots of tasty recipies from scratch that take a bit of time but you'll also find countless quick fixes.
believe it or not a lot of people here work and have busy lives to deal with....thats what makes slimming world so great.

Back