Healthy = Happy. Charlotte's diary.

goodbyeflab

I love fruit and veg. ;)
So yesterday I relived my old habits; eating ridiculous amounts of unhealthy food and eating chocolate till I felt sick. Why? I don't know. But I know one thing for sure is that I can't keep having these extreme binges; it's not healthy nor do I feel any better for it after.

Throughout all last night I was reflecting on my dieting habits for the past few weeks. I wasn't having the right amount/type of food for how much I was exercising and every Friday would be a "treat day", but would more than likely turn into a very unsatisfying binge. I wasn't happy, nor was I feeling healthy or positive.

Anyway, enough with the past, I am now concentrating on today and the future.

I am restarting afresh, but I am going to do it a lot healthier and what will make me happier. I may be approaching the end of the weight loss road, driving into maintenance, I will see how my new plan goes. My Fitness Pal tells me that 1,640 calories a day should give me 0.5lb loss a week. I may not use all them up if I don't feel I need too. I am not looking to lose much more weight as I am currently standing at 108lbs (was 138lbs), but I do need to tone up. Which comes to my next topic.

I plan to exercise four times a week. I start work early and walk there and back, by the time I get home I am usually quite tired so I plan to space my gym sessions out a bit. I plan to do about 40 minutes of cardio then some weight work (Ek!). On Fridays I go to Zumba for an hour. I need to tone up, especially my lower body, inner thighs are refusing to tighten up! So let's hope this little last push will bring me the results I would like, I am going to take it day by day and will try to remain positive.

After feeling extremely bad about myself last night, I went to my wardrobe and threw out all the clothes that were too big. It felt good. I can't wait till I get money, straight to the shops for winter clothes shopping! :)

So here I am again Minimins doing another food diary but it should be positively healthy. :)

-Stay within my recommended calorie allowance of 1,640 calories throughout the week. Sensibly and healthily.
-Exercise four times a week; 50 crunches day and night.
-Stay positive. Don't get too obsessive again.
-Let a 'treat' stay a 'treat'.
-Try to have five fruit/veg a day.​

Well here I go again :-D Positive thinking and eating!

24/09/11

Breakfast: Two chocolate Wheatabix with shreddies and semi skimmed milk. Options hot chocolate. MFP says 372 calories.

Midmorning snack: 75g banana. 80 calories.

Late lunch/dinner: Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, potato and a chicken fillet. Ex. light cheese triangle. 439 calories.

Today is a family member's birthday and tomorrow is another family member's birthday. There's a buffet being put on tomorrow and they'll no doubt be naughty food, I'll eat light in the morning then have little amounts of the naughties.
I've been suffering with a really bad stomach today, not sure whether it's a bug or just the after effects off my extreme binge yesterday. I haven't been able to eat anything today really, I'll try and have a little supper later!
I went to gym today for an hour. I done 48 minutes on the treadmill then I did some leg machine work. :)

Last edited:
Good luck hun :) Maybe try the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels to tone up. On the my fitness pal forums theres loads of before and after photos of doing that. Results are amazing!

Good luck hun :) Maybe try the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels to tone up. On the my fitness pal forums theres loads of before and after photos of doing that. Results are amazing!

Thank you :) I tried it a few weeks ago, lost motivation! :( Might retry it though, it's a killer. xx

Snakes and ladders said:
I'm so glad to see you're taking a positive attitude - I look forward to reading your new diary!

Thank you :) suffering from a bad stomach today, after effects of the binge! X

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

25/09/11

Breakfast: Shreddies and semi skimmed milk. Options hot chocolate. MFP says 295 calories.

My relative's birthday buffer today, lets see how it goes!!

Yesterday morning I weighed myself on the Wii fit (usual weigh in day) but my stomach really wasn't right. The Wii told me my bmi went down but I stayed the same weight. I reweighed myself today as stomach is feeling better, it said I lost one pound. However, when I look on the progress graph it says that yesterday I weighed one pound lighter than the week before even though it didn't tell me.. So that could mean a 2lb loss this week. My bathroom scales show the same weight as this, so I think it is a 2lb loss. :)

Woopsies went overboard at the buffet! I am going to do some exercise when I go home though. I won't be eating bad for a while now. :)

Mmm, what did they have on the buffet?

Pizza, pesto pasta, sausage buns, mini cheese/onion rolls, quorn buns, crisps. I had two slices of pizza, one sausage bun, one quorn bun, two mini cheese/onion rolls, crisps, a lot of pesto pasta and two little slices of cake. Jikes! :eek: I started off good but my family was saying "Stop being silly, you need some fat! This won't do you any harm!" etc etc so I just enjoyed it.. :rolleyes: I am still full though so looks like I am not having tea and I am just about to do a workout DVD. :p Feeling very naughty! :eek:

25/09/11

Breakfast: Shreddies and semi skimmed milk. Options hot chocolate. MFP says 295 calories.

Lunch/dinner: Well... two slices of pizza, one sausage bun, one quorn bun, two mini cheese/onion rolls, crisps, a lot of pesto pasta and two little slices of cake. Going to say 2000 calories. It's crazy how fast you can gobble up calories!!! And I used to have like double this before I started to eat healthier!!

No dinner for me, still mega full! I did Davina Fit when I came back from the buffet, the bottom section and kick fit so really that should make my net calories just above a maintenance allowance.. I hope. hehe. Well this is the last of naughty eating for a while! My family is having ANOTHER buffet spread thing on saturday for my mam's birthday but hopefully I won't eat as bad! So many birthdays in September for me.

After Davina Fit, I decided to declutter my bedroom and I've just placed an order on Music Magpie for all my old cds, dvds and games - £53 I can apparently have if they accept all my items. Not bad! :p Just waiting for the pack with the stickers in so I can send it to my post office. :)

Yesterday morning I weighed myself on the Wii fit (usual weigh in day) but my stomach really wasn't right. The Wii told me my bmi went down but I stayed the same weight. I reweighed myself today as stomach is feeling better, it said I lost one pound. However, when I look on the progress graph it says that yesterday I weighed one pound lighter than the week before even though it didn't tell me.. So that could mean a 2lb loss this week. My bathroom scales show the same weight as this, so I think it is a 2lb loss.

So tomorrow is going to be much more controlled. I am bringing my own lunch into work tomorrow as I basically lived on jacket with beans when eating at the canteen last week and there's too much temptation of eating the delicious naughty food when there's money on my card. I also have no idea on calories if I don't bring my own lunch in, I have to guess on My Fitness Pal. D: I may allow myself to have a canteen meal sometime throughout the week for a bit of variation and also so I don't feel deprived. :)

Anyway, early night for me!

Oh, and also have a double fitness class booked for this Friday - Spinning then Zumba!!!

26/09/11

Breakfast: Shreddies and semi skimmed milk with Options hot choco. 295 calories.

Midmorning: Carrot sticks. 25 calories.

Lunch: Pasta with sauce and peas. Weetabix Oaty Bar. Apple. 359 calories.

Dinner: Chicken, potato, vegetables. Squirt of sauce. 443 calories.

1,122 calories consumed today, may have a Activia ff yogurt later. I am still quite full of dinner.

So today was just work, I walked there and back (takes about 20 minutes) so that's my little bit of exercise for today ;-P I will go to gym tomorrow though. Feeling mega bloated today again! Humph, totm still hasn't arrived, come already!!!

Anyway, I'm off to go in the shower and prepare my lunch for tomorrow, then sit down and watch Eastenders. ;) I am not sure whether to have pasta again or not, I like variation..

Snakes and ladders said:
Mmm, your food sounds nice! Can't remember the last time I had a potato! Might go out and buy some :D

Do you count calories as net (i.e. deduct what you "earn" from exercise)? x

I miss buttery and milky mash! :(
Yeah, when I do exercise, I don't track walking to work and back though, should I? :/ x

I miss buttery and milky mash! :(
Yeah, when I do exercise, I don't track walking to work and back though, should I? :/ x

Mmm, I miss that too! Butter... :drool:

I sometimes count walking, if I go for more than half an hour I'd log it...but maybe that's just cos I'm greedy and I want extra cals! :eek:

Back