Healthy vegetable recipes?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by forest_rose, 8 June 2011 Social URL.

1. forest_rose

forest_rose Member

Diet Chef
    Hi all!

I've just started Diet Chef a week ago - loving it so far, but I need inspiration for vegetables to go with my main meals. At the moment I'm using my trusty stir fry recipe - it's lovely, but I think I might get tired of it soon! Has anyone got any tasty, low-cal ideas to share?

I'll start off with my recipe - I use a 1-cal spray to coat the frying pan (about 5 squirts is generally enough) and add a mixture of red and yellow pepper, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, spring onions and anything else I happen to have in the fridge, all chopped up and mixed together. Then I chuck in a good splash of soy sauce and a sprinkle of ground ginger, stir-fry until it looks done, and there you go! It's lovely - but I need more inspiration :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Micci

Micci Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    VEGAN SW infuenced by Martha Beck and IOWL

we are collecting veggie recipes in the Vegetarian section, but for now here is one of my favourites for a mediteranean style grill.

Red/sweet onions

cut every thing into similar sized slices except the tomatoes, just cut them in half. Spray a baking tray with fry light, put the veggies on and spray with more fry light and sprinkle with oregano, basil, margoram and if you like it, garlic. Or just use a herb mix. Bake in oven till done.

Or take slices of aubergines and courgettes and grill them like this, or if you have a panini press it works very well. Veggie kebabs are nice too ...
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.