Heart Flutters

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Cityredgirl, 3 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Cityredgirl

Cityredgirl CRG

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have been suffering with Heart "flutters" for the last couple of weeks , is this linked with Xenical? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. butter_on_toast

butter_on_toast Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Xenical ~ low fat,
    I cant give medical adbice but please talk to your doctor x

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

4. Lexie2005

Lexie2005 5:2 lover

Start Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(45.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    5:2
    I am not sure hon but I think like Lea says may be best to see the doc. I did have a god awful pain in my left boob like a stitch on & off for the whole of last weekend, maybe it's the same thing. Whatever it is hope it passes soon for you x

5. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    hmmmm.... when I started taking Xenical, I had not reactions at all. Then several months down the line I noticed I was having a fluttery heart, but it was only in the evenings while I was eating. What made it worse was, that I began to expect it, so when it did happen I was becoming anxious about it, so the heart flutters became a racing heart.

It went on for quite a while. I changed all my drinks to decaff and it stopped. I don't take Xenical at the moment, but I wish I could remember if stopped while I was still taking Xenical or after.

The more you worry and panic and begin to think about this, the worse it's going to become and those flutters will turn to a racing heart from anxiety, it would be a good idea for you to see your GP or Nurse practitioner, and get your BP checked.

Just so you know, everyone does expericence an irregular heart beat at times, the heart skips a beat (although technically it doesn't but that's what you'll know it by) and this is completely normal, it could be what's happening but you've hightened it by thinking about it, like I did :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.