heartburn :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lildanni, 21 July 2011 Social URL.

1. lildanni

lildanni Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(18.23%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hve defected from ww to sw. This is my 2nd week on plan. Ever since I started sw (doing extra easy) I hav had the worlds worst heartburn and acid reflux :( did this happen to anyone else??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. boo68

boo68 One day at a time

Start Weight:
    19st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya no it hasn't happened to me or my other half and haven't heard anyone else having it either. Maybe it might be a good idea to go to your docs and get some tablets to neutralise the acid, too much acid reflux isn't good for anyone. Boo xx

4. Badgergirl

Badgergirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I have bad heartburn, think it's the acid from all the fruit!! Reflux can be helped by eating slower and having yoghurt with fruit helps.

5. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I have heartburn due to pregnancy and gaviston or milk helps sooth the pain as well

6. lildanni

lildanni Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(18.23%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Thanks for all your help! I'm giving it another week or so then going the doctors if it persists!

7. starting again tomorrow

starting again tomorrow Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find anything tomato based, soups , white bread..leaving too long of break between meals...oh and orange juice are all things that set off heartburn for me- Maybe if you avoid some of these foods - or keep a diary to see what triggers it for you! I have to say that I don't seem to be suffering heartburn as frequently any more since starting SW- am doing EE. (Strangely!)
    Oh and alcohol........ another trigger- especially if I over indulge I suffer with heartburn the next day .....
    Hope this helps!

8. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I actually find I rarely get heartburn now I'm on SW - before, I used to suffer from it pretty much constantly.

Most people do find, I think, that they suffer from a bit of an upset/windy tummy for the first few weeks they're on SW, because of the change in diet and the increase in fibre - perhaps your troubles are related to this.

I hope things settle down soon.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.