Heathers Journey!

Hi all!

I have been attempting to start Slim and Save for a few weeks now but all I seem to be doing is buying the products and then giving up and therefore wasting a lot of money!

However after reading some of the fabulous diaries on here I've decided writing my own may give me the boost I need.

I am not deluded enough to think that anyone is really interested in my daily struggles to resist food and alcohol but if you allow me to stay here and just type when I feel the pull of the fridge is too strong then I will be happy!

Basically on 3rd September I am going on an holiday to Turkey. As much as this doesn't sound like a big deal to anyone else, I haven't been abroad for 9 years and do not want to go looking as I am. I am hoping to lose 2 stone and the days are ticking down and I am only just starting.

48 days starting today and 28 pounds to lose!

Day 1

Ok so I've done my morning shift at one job therefore managed to leave my first sachet till 2:00pm, which was macaroni cheese over cauliflower, and I did enjoy it. However I start my other job at half 4 and I know this is when I start to crumble.

Theres just something so mind numbingly depressing about working in a convenience store till11pm that just makes me crave a pizza with a vodka and coke on the side when I get home.

Going to have a bar (lemon and white chocolate - not very nice by the way, but then I dont have a sweet tooth) and a glass of water and hope I can at least finish Day 1!

:)

hi heather

i dont know why but having this site really does help- everyone is so supportive- and if the fridge is ever calling, just come on here and someone will talk you out of it :p

i also work in a shop (on maternity leave atm) untill late at night, so i understand how much you just wanna crash and eat junk when you finish. i tend to save something like a bar to have every evening with a cup a tea, feels like a nice treat :)

anyways good luck with you're weightloss- you can do it! x

Hi Heather good luck to you, how r u getting on? :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi to both of you!

Your losses are amazing. I can only hope for such losses.

i tend to save something like a bar to have every evening with a cup a tea, feels like a nice treat :)

Me too. I can't bear the thought of coming home to nothing.

Day 2

Well I've made it through Day 2! I weighed myself this morning and it was showing 12st 9. I'm not sure whether thats accurate or not but I'm willing to take it as the truth since it's a big motivator.

Been suffering with slight headaches though yesterday and today, and I very rarely get headaches. Has anyone else experienced this? They're not bad enough to put me off, just a slight irritation.

Well I'm just happy to have got through another day. I hope all you other dieters are coping!

x

Day 3

Wope up with a fuzzy head like I'd been drinking! Not sure how to take that but there you go.

Weighed myself and according to the scales I'm now 12st 8. So thats 3 pounds in 2 days! Very pleased :)

However after using up what I had left from other orders, I just opened my new order which I recieved a few days ago and they've sent me 5 sachets of cottage pie instead of 5 sachets of chilli. After reading reviews of the cottage pie I'm not particularly happy since I'd been enjoying my chilli :(. I'd been eating my chilli stuffed into a green pepper to give it a bit more substance, and since people have been saying the cottage pie is essentially just mash I'm not sure what veg I can use to bulk it up...

Fingers crossed they taste better than I'm expecting.

Heres to finishing Day 3!

x

hiya :) yes headaches are completely normal at the beginning- they tend to disappear after a few days thnkfully

the weight does just fall off to start with (alot of water weight too) - its feels great doesnt it lol; well done on losing already x

Day 4

Just weighed myself and I'm the same as yesterday which is slightly disheartening. I know I shouldn't expect a big loss every time but eating 500 cals a day I would have thought would have some effect on the scales :/

Oh well. Will continue today and hope for a loss tomorrow.

hiya :) yes headaches are completely normal at the beginning- they tend to disappear after a few days thnkfully

the weight does just fall off to start with (alot of water weight too) - its feels great doesnt it lol; well done on losing already x

The headeaches seem to have subsided now which is good. Thankyou for your encouragement!

x

Welcome Heather If you get a headache just sip more water and it should ease. you'll be in ketosis now so the weight will shift over the weekend. measure your inch loss and this will spur you on when the scales aren't too kind it really helps me. Good luck for weigh-in x x

Ohhh and I'm also going away in Sept I wanted to lose just over 2st before I go and already I'm down 21lb :) x x

Thanks Scousemouse.

However...

Day 5

Weighed myself this morning and it said I was 12st 7 so a pound down which in itself is rubbish considering I lost nothing yesterday.

I then weighed myself an hour later after my breakfast (macaroni - strange for breakfast I know but I have a 10 hour shift ahead of me so needed something more than a shake)...

And I am back up to 12st 8.

I see peoples Week 1's and there losing 7 - 10 pounds, whereas I'll be lucky if I've lost 3 at this rate.

Really really unconvinced now :(

Are you making sure you're getting the recommended 2.5-3ltr of water as this is vital for weight loss x x

Hey hun

Welcome aboard

I would suggest keeping off the scales. Water levels will be all over the place. Pick a day and weigh in then hun

You haven't got.much to loose, you will get there in no time :) Xx

agreed- it can be dishearting jumping on the scales alot, it seem much more rewarding getting on the scales and seeing a nice drop :)

Right...

I am absolutely rubbish and my diet took a turn for the worst after that day. I had a bad day at work combined with an argument with a family member and the less than great losses just sent me into a nose dive.

However...

The microwave chips, pizza, vodka, roast dinners, quiches etc have had little effect on my weight. :eatdrink051:

I am still 12st 7 and extremely suprised since I thought VLCDs were known for quick weight gain after you finish. Especially when all you eat is crap like I did... :rolleyes:

I have recently spoke to Rob from the website and he said that I maybe should cut down on the meal sachets since they are heavier on the carbs and I may be 'carb-intolerant'. Now since I was having a meal bar and two meal sachets and losing not much, this rings true.

Two shakes and a meal a day it is.

Therefore I am restarting with 31 days to go, renewed hope and desperation to get a least a sodding stone off! LOL

Hope everyone else is doing way better than me

x

PS And I am taking your advice Rebekah and keeping away from those damn scales!

Best of luck with your restart, a holiday sounds like great motivation. I'll be joining all you slim and savers from this Tuesday.

Good to see you back hun

Do what combination of package suits you best hun. We are all different, you can do it :)

Xxxxxx

Welcome back on board and good for you too.
Didn't realise that about the meal packs so I'll make sure I stick with the shakes most days and just an evening meal pack with the veg allowance.
See you're sharing some important info on with the rest of us regarding s&s so not all bad!!!
Hope this week goes better for you and remember the water and yes (step away from the scales :)

Back