Heeeeellllllppppp

Birdy2be

I was wondering if anyone can help me... I think I'm now out of ketosis :-( I have stuck to the diet except for I had some coke today from Iceland and thought I'd be fine as it did not have citric acid in it... I was in ketosis this morning, just tried again now and I'm not. This has to be the issue right????? :-(

image-606258466.jpg

not sure but a lot of people say not to go by the stick things they are really unreliable

I've been on the diet since Monday and in ketosis since Tuesday, it was only very faint then but by Wednesday it was quite prominent... I don't have the bars anyway i just hbe porridge and shakes. Thanks for your help guys x x x

I've had water and black coffee which I don't really like all week and being the weekend I thought I'd have an innocent treat :( x x

Throw the sticks away they are beyond unreliable as long as you are sticking to plan you should be fine, side note for the future though Sodium Citrate is the chemical salt of Citric acid - I have Dr Pepper Zero and Coke Zero to keep me sane x

fayfe said:
Throw the sticks away they are beyond unreliable as long as you are sticking to plan you should be fine, side note for the future though Sodium Citrate is the chemical salt of Citric acid - I have Dr Pepper Zero and Coke Zero to keep me sane x

Ooh good to know ill have to look for that one now

To be honest it depends how much they use in it as a preservative - it's E331 in Coke Zero and that has no impact on me as I have limited myself to one can or glass a day.

Dr Pepper Zero has no citrates as a preservative it has E211 which is Sodium Benzoate. Better news it's reduced to £1 a bottle in Sainsburys so I've stocked up.

All in all it depends how sensitive you are to citrates as a preservative there is nowhere near as much if there was citric acid in the drink and as Coke Zero is allowed I highly doubt the E331/Sodium citrate will knock most people out :)

Ah that makes total sense now, I must be more careful with the labels haha.. I'm going to head to sainsburys this afternoon and get some dr pepper :) yey!!!! Thank u for your help x

Back