Heeeeelp!!!!!!

Greenockgal

Hi there everyone, I really need your advice. I am on Development, but have struggled with lapsing over the next few weeks. I had a planned lapse last weekend as I went to Blackpool to see my mum and friends who I hadn't seen for 2 and a half years, I had a great time, planned what I ate, didn't go mad, then at weigh in on Tuesday I'd put 4 ounces on, which was better that I expected.

But, here's the thing: I had planned to go on to Management from next Monday, although I am still a stone and a half off target. I figured that if I am having trouble with lapses, which always seem to be in the evening, then if I have managed food, then at least if I have that then I won't eat the usual rubbish. So, at WI on Tuesday I picked the book up, started reading it yesterday, totally panicked, then binged like it was going out of fashion last night - what's that all about?

So now I'm thinking should I stay in my Development and try and shift that last bit of weight? 2 girls in my group are staying on Development for another 3 weeks, so I'm half thinking that I should stay with them and try and shift the last bit, but the other half of me feels absolute dread at having nothing but packs for the next three weeks, I don't know why I'm feeling this way, I've been doing the programme since June and have lost nearly 6 stone - the packs aren't that bad, but just the thought of them makes me feel sick!

Sorry, looking back at this posting I can se it looks totally disjointed, I seem to be looking at a crossroads and not sure which way to go!!

If any one has been in this situation, and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for listening to my confused rantings !!

Sorry, just read it again, I meant I've been struggling with lapsing over the last FEW weeks, not the NEXT few weeks!! Or maybe I do??!! Subconcious or wot??!!

ewww sounds a nightmare for you. I think that you should stay in development and lost the rest that you want to lose before you start on management

Hello GG - sorry you're having such a hard time, but at least you're trying to deal with it in adult mode. One of my group had a similar issue last week and our counsellor did both a thought record and a 'pros and cons' list with her which definitely clarified her thoughts. Maybe that would be worth a try?

Do you think the packs are making you feel sick for physical reasons or is there some psychological basis to it? I'm guessing it's important to get to the bottom of that. You could also phone your counsellor, if she's any good.

Best of luck - hope all goes well for you and you find a solution you're happy with. And don't forget you've come a very long way already! :hug99:

Back