Heeeeelp!!!

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
I'm really struggling at the moment!! Those of you who know me know I'm easily lead and give up quite easily boo. People keeping telling me I'm fine as I am, I don't look like I need to lose weight etc etc etc. So I start to believe them. But I'm going to Florida at the beginning of September and I'm determined to get back down to 12st, so I need to lose 3st in the next 11 and a half weeks.

But my losses are generally slow and it's taken me 6 weeks to lose 17lbs. I then had a planned day off for a double celebration on bank hol Monday (my birthday and the jubilee) I only gained 4lbs which I was pleased about. Carried back on SSing then last week I had a bit of a naughty evening. and last night I fell of the wagon with a crash :cry:

This is all because I feel like I'm climbing the walls! All I can think of when I'm at home is food!! I feel like an addict going cold turkey it's that bad. I know that seems a bit melodramatic but it's how I feel. The fact that the results are so slow in coming is causing me to lose the plot I think!!!

I need to focus and I need to start seeing the results again. Short of going straight to bed as soon as I get home from work to avoid thoughts of food I don't know what else to do. :eek:

Although I may have identified something (milk at work) that might be causing slow losses this time I've yet to make it back into ketosis and get momentum going again to see if it is the stupid milk at work that's slowing things down. Aaaargh I feel like I'm going crazy!!

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Totally feel for everythin iv just said!! Its so hard!! I had a night out last night - didnt eat but had a few vodka and sodas.
But..... Keep nibbling food today - try and rid me of this hellish hangover :( out of the 8 weeks ive been doing this iv only been 100% for about 3 weeks! Wasteful!! I did the diet 3 yes ago also lost successfully but gained double back during a pregnancy!!! 2 kids on still fighting the bulge!! Xx

Ive been doing SS but been having a bit of milk in my cups of tea so sort of in between SS and SS+ really. The milk I've been having at home is no problems because I know it's Skimmed but at work I strongly suspect it's not, it's probs full fat :eek: I have no way of knowing because it's out of a machine. So I'll have to stop drinking tea at work and see if that speeds things up a bit.

Start fresh from today SS you can absolutely do it!! Try and get rid of all the food you have at home, that should help. Don't give up x

It's very unlikely the milk would stop you going into ketosis. Unless its the powdered type & your having lots & lots of it???

No it's not stopping me from going into ketosis at all which is why I've never given it a thought, but I do suspect that it's full fat and do have quite a few cups of tea throughout the day. Full fat milk is high in cals.

It's in a milk cooler/dispenser so I can open it and see if it says anything on the box inside, but never have before because I never thought about it before.

Luckily I have no food at home now, I'll just have to start leaving my purse at home so I can't go to the shop on the way home too.

Hi Surf hunny

I know how you feel regarding the cold turkey thing and I usually give up really easily. It was my first week last week and it was telly tough, I cut out everything and just had 3 shakes and 2.5-3L of water a day. I just took each day at a time and focused on Friday which was my first weigh in day. I found that I needed to keep busy or I would have caved, it was particularly hard cooking the hubby's teas etc and sometimes I could feel myself wanting to cry because I couldn't have it but I remembered the more I stick to this the sooner I can start eating food again. I lost 9lb in my first week which I was shocked as I don't normally have big weight loses on my first week when I start a diet. I am taking each day at a time working towards day three and then day 7. It has been the toughest diet I have ever done but drinking water seems to help x

Back