Heinz Tomato Ketchup 50% less sugar and salt

Hi all, NEW TO SW! so from what I've read normal tomato ketchup is 1 syn (not sure on how much you can have?) but in our ASDA they've bought out a new Heinz Tomato Ketchup 50% less sugar and salt - so I was hoping it would be syn free? does anyone know?

Nutritional Values
Typical values Per 100g Per Portion (15 g)
Energy 271 kJ 41 kJ
64 kcal 10 kcal
Fat 0.1g 0g
-of which saturates 0g 0g
Carbohydrate 12g 1.8g
-of which sugars 11g 1.7g
Protein 1.4g 0.2g
Salt 0.90g 0.14g

thanks in advance!!! :)

Hi

According to the Slimming World website, it says that Heinz reduced sugar and salt tomato sauce is half a syn per tablespoon.

HTH!

Thank you MrsScandude - I love sauce with my dinners and there doesn't seem to be any syn free? least there all low in syn I suppose!

I make my own syn free tomato ketchup. I use tomato puree, add a little pickled onion vinegar and sweetener to taste. Yum.

I don't have anything to add re syns, but the reduced ketchup is lovely and tastes like 'normal'. So for me its been an easy change to make

I don't have anything to add re syns, but the reduced ketchup is lovely and tastes like 'normal'. So for me its been an easy change to make

Agreed buffy3256 - I cannot taste much difference, bonus I think!

I make my own syn free tomato ketchup. I use tomato puree, add a little pickled onion vinegar and sweetener to taste. Yum.

ooooh that sounds nice! my friend said to me the other day about using pickled onion in her tomato soup, I thought she made a mistake!! odd combo!! but clearly is something I must try :) :)

ooooh that sounds nice! my friend said to me the other day about using pickled onion in her tomato soup, I thought she made a mistake!! odd combo!! but clearly is something I must try :):)

That sounds like the SW tomato soup - from what I remember it involves baked beans, tinned tomatoes, small pickled onions and a tin of carrots. Some swear by it, some not so much :p

Back