HelenJemima's pre-wedding food diary

Wednesday - Red Day
Ok, not the best day as ended up out for dinner however some friends of ours had some brilliant last minute news to celebrate so I kind of let myself off a little bit...

Breakfast

Vanilla Magic Porridge (B) with blueberries

Lunch
Chicken salad

Dinner
Rump steak (no fat) with salad and 10 chips (15?) and Bearnaise sauce (oooops, 10?)

Snacks
5 slices BGTY ham and 2 celery sticks

Drinks
700ml skimmed milk (A) x 2
1L water
2 vodka & diet cokes (5)

Total Syns: 30 :mad:

loved loved loved reading all of your diary! I'm calorie couting but pop in for a look here as it's more active than the forum I'm on. I'm also getting married in May and you seem to have the same struggles as me! Being out with friend and family and the tempations around that plus the wine of course! hee good luck with your weight loss for the wedding. Sounds as though you're on the right track!

Hi Liannioso, really pleased you liked the food diary - I seem to do well for 5 days out of 7 and then make major slip ups - you're right, its the eating out that does it most of the time! Looks like you're doing brilliantly though, only 4lbs to go! Good luck for your wedding ;) x

Thursday - Green Day
Much better day today although I felt like I ate a LOT....might need to cut down on portions a bit I think, I probably had enough pasta in the evening for 2 people at least!

Breakfast
2 small slices Hovis wholemeal (B), scrambled eggs and beans

Lunch
Courgette rattatouille with rice and steamed veg - think there was some oil in the rattatouille so... (3)

Dinner
Fusili pasta with 2 tbsps BGTY pesto (2), peas, broccoli, 42g l/f cheese (A) and mixed salad

Snacks
25g Strawberry Cheesecake frozen yogurt (2.5)
1 plum
Melon

Drinks
350ml skimmed milk (A)
1L water

Total Syns: 7.5 :D

Friday - Green Day

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs and baked beans
Melon

Lunch
Veg stir fry and soy sauce (3 for oil)

Dinner
Carbonara Light (4) and bacon (B)

Snacks
Carrot sticks and 2 spoons low fat houmous (3)

Drinks
1L water

Total syns: 10 :)

Sunday - Red Day
God Saturday was a disaster so I'm not even going to bother writing it out (must have been 40/50 syns). Ate the bread with my Pizza Express salad and then went out for an Indian, and whilst I made 'low fat' choices (Chicken Tandoori, plain rice and aloo ghobi cooked with no oil) I didn't really know whether I was doing red, green, or EE by that point, and then it all went totally out the window with Maltesers at the cinema. I weighed myself this morning and looks like I'm 4lbs up from last week even though it's not offical weigh-in til tomorrow. Feel really panicky now about the amount of weight I need to lose in the next 6 weeks before my dress-fitting, plus my hen do is in the middle of that!! I HAVE to go all out now, no blips or excuses...100% all week this week is my aim, and 10 syns per day average. Plus I need to cut waaaay down on my portion sizes on green days - they're my 2 aims for this week.

Breakfast
2 small wholemeal bread (B) and scrambled eggs with 2 tsps Lurpak light (3)

Lunch
Chicken salad with olives (1) and olive oil (B) and vinegar

Dinner
Gammon (boiled) with 1 Yorkshire pudding (4), loads of steamed veg and Parsley sauce (2.5)

Snacks
2 seafood sticks

Drinks
Glass squash

Total syns: 10.5 :)

Monday - Red Day
Weigh in this morning and I have put on 2lbs....:( I kind of knew it would be bad, 2 bad weekends catching up with me, so that is the kick up the bum I needed at least and now I am fully committed to doing 100% days for 4 weeks now - less than 6 weeks til my wedding dress fitting - aaaargh!

Breakfast
Magic porridge (B) with Mullerlight and blueberries

Lunch
Gammon and salad

Fruit salad

Dinner
Baked Salmon with 1 tsbp BGTY pesto (1) and vegetables with a bit of olive oil (B)

Snacks
8 seafood sticks

Mango and blueberries
1 mini milk (1.5)

Drinks
1L water

Total syns: 2.5 :D

Hey there! Have really enjoyed reading your diary. I get married this year too (in September) but was on a bit of a downer earlier today thinking that I'm not focused enough and need to get on track 100%. Good luck with this week, and I bet it'll be worth it to feel really good on the big day :) x

Hi Giblet, thanks for your msg! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, and you will be totally fine - September is loads of time, have you set yourself a weekly/monthly weight loss goal? My top tips are 1) write everything down (even if it's a bit painful sometimes!) and 2) if you have a blow out, don't worry! xx

Tuesday - Green Day

Breakfast
Magic porridge (B) and blueberries

Lunch
Jacket potato with cottage cheese (0.5), salad and olives (2)

Dinner
100g pasta with broccoli, peas, green beans and BGTY pesto (2) and 42g low fat cheddar (B)

Snacks
Mango and blueberries

1 plum
1 seafood stick (1)
1 mini milk (1.5)

Drinks
1L water

Total syns: 7 :D

Hey,
I'd love 2-3lbs a week. Weigh in tomorrow so we'll see! Think I might copy a couple of your days eating plans and "cheat" that way, lol :) x

That's not cheating, that's sharing! Good luck x

Thanks - I'm 2.5lbs down this week so that's good. First lot of wedding dresses tomorrow so very excited! Hope you have a great weekend and all is going well x

Monday - Green Day
Ok have been very rubbish doing my diary, I will do it every day now no matter what! I didn't have the best weekend (again...) and had a 3 course meal on Sat night and a Thai takeaway on Sun night (eeeeek), plus a lot of wine and vodka and tonics! However, weirdly, WI this morning and I lost the 2lbs I gained last week plus another 2lbs. I think my weight tends to catch up with me the week after I've been bad so I'm slightly dreading next week's weigh in but will be as good as I can be over Easter!

Breakfast

Banana and mullerlight

Lunch
Jacket potato with low fat cottage cheese and salad
Fruit salad

Dinner
4 sunflower ryvita (B) and low fat houmous (6)
Veggie sushi with soy sauce

Snacks
1 mini milk (1.5)
3 fox's biscuits (10.5) - oooops

Drinks
1L water

Total Syns: 18 :mad:

Tuesday - Green Day

Breakfast

Magic porridge (B) and bluberries

Lunch
Jacket potato with low fat cottage cheese and salad

Dinner
Chilli prawn (B) linguine (3.5 for oil and sugar) with parmesan (4.5)

Snacks
2 mini milks (3)
1 cream cracker (1.5) and 1 extra light Laughing Cow (1)
Melon and raspberries

Drinks
1L water

Total Syns: 13.5 :)

Back