Helen's Journey.

Thanks Jells.... I think i must have been a comfort eater, as well as compulsive eater lol

Day 49. Omg where has the time gone. I feel like i have turned a different corner, now i need to educate myself on food choices... That way when i am ready to go back eating i will be sensible, and make the right choices. This week seems a slow week, both ellis and i have found our weight loss slow, idk why as we have both stuck it out 100%. But i know if ellis has another week like this, she will be dishearterned. Im ok, like a pig in (i will say mud) im here for the duration. 8 weeks today is my holiday :), and i have bought clothes for it, that dont fit me lol (god willing) they will in 8 weeks. Or else helen is off to the shops haha
scales are telling me 17st 7lbs today. Funny thing is last night i felt so bloated, like i had guzzled fizzy drink! Which i hadnt!!! I dont know what was wrong with me :confused: So thats 49lbs gone in 48 days, is that right hmmm. Idk
heres to another great day, and it has to be a great week, as last week was pants :(
things can only get better! :) xx

You have done brilliantly so far, Helen. Almost a pound a day! Wow! I only lost 3 1/2 this week - disheartening after two weeks of losing 6lb each week - but pharmacist said it would slow down - especially as I don't have an awful lot to lose. Anyway- want to get another 10 lb off in the next two weeks if that is even possible. Looking forward to the prospect of re feeding - mmmmmmm food! Having a Homer Simpson moment! I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!!!!!!

Day 49. Omg where has the time gone. I feel like i have turned a different corner, now i need to educate myself on food choices... That way when i am ready to go back eating i will be sensible, and make the right choices. This week seems a slow week, both ellis and i have found our weight loss slow, idk why as we have both stuck it out 100%. But i know if ellis has another week like this, she will be dishearterned. Im ok, like a pig in (i will say mud) im here for the duration. 8 weeks today is my holiday :), and i have bought clothes for it, that dont fit me lol (god willing) they will in 8 weeks. Or else helen is off to the shops haha
scales are telling me 17st 7lbs today. Funny thing is last night i felt so bloated, like i had guzzled fizzy drink! Which i hadnt!!! I dont know what was wrong with me :confused: So thats 49lbs gone in 48 days, is that right hmmm. Idk
heres to another great day, and it has to be a great week, as last week was pants :(
things can only get better! :) xx

Helen its almost 50 days :) and you are going strong. All this things happening around you, yet you did not bend for moment. Dont worry about weight loss slowing down. This happens with every diet. Our body gets use to and slows down a pit. You will see weight going down soon again :) I know its hard for you and your girl right now but you had hard week and sorrow can be reason too why you slowed down a little. Hope Ellis will keep her journey up too. :)

Dear friend told me not so long time ago when it was hard for me. " We all have bad days. Sometimes we have bad weeks or even months or years. What makes you strong beatiful person you are, is keep the feight and hopes up. Dont give up and keep going. Even when it seems impossible to move on. And if you do, then one point you look back and be thankful for that breave girl to make that first step again. "
So dont you let you spirit go down over small changes on weight and keep going. As do I :)
And we both will get there - one point. xxx

Day 50. In the big brother house. Today was weigh in day, and i lost another 3lbs, ellis sts. So she got a lecture, as before we left i went and had a look in her room, and she hasnt been taking her 2 shakes :(, she told me she had. She has been having one shake or no shake depending on her mood, the whole week. So i gave out to her before we left, and the chemist kind of relayed the same message. I dont want her starving herself to lose the weight. Thats not the answer either!!! 50 days on this, i deserve a medal lol
heres to a great day :)

You have done brilliantly so far, Helen. Almost a pound a day! Wow! I only lost 3 1/2 this week - disheartening after two weeks of losing 6lb each week - but pharmacist said it would slow down - especially as I don't have an awful lot to lose. Anyway- want to get another 10 lb off in the next two weeks if that is even possible. Looking forward to the prospect of re feeding - mmmmmmm food! Having a Homer Simpson moment! I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!!!!!!
Thanks DOk oh donuts!!! Lol there must be a little bit of homer simpson in us all ;)

Helen its almost 50 days :) and you are going strong. All this things happening around you, yet you did not bend for moment. Dont worry about weight loss slowing down. This happens with every diet. Our body gets use to and slows down a pit. You will see weight going down soon again :) I know its hard for you and your girl right now but you had hard week and sorrow can be reason too why you slowed down a little. Hope Ellis will keep her journey up too. :)

Dear friend told me not so long time ago when it was hard for me. " We all have bad days. Sometimes we have bad weeks or even months or years. What makes you strong beatiful person you are, is keep the feight and hopes up. Dont give up and keep going. Even when it seems impossible to move on. And if you do, then one point you look back and be thankful for that breave girl to make that first step again. "
So dont you let you spirit go down over small changes on weight and keep going. As do I :)
And we both will get there - one point. xxx
Thanks hun. You always know how to pick me up. Lost another 3lbs this week :) Ellis stayed the same, but she didn't really stick with the plan! She didn't cheat but she never had her 2 shakes every day :confused: i don't know what she was thinking... :(

Thanks hun. You always know how to pick me up. Lost another 3lbs this week :) Ellis stayed the same, but she didn't really stick with the plan! She didn't cheat but she never had her 2 shakes every day :confused: i don't know what she was thinking... :(

Helen i remember first time round i used to do thst, thinking if i only had one or two shakes instead of 3 id lose the weight quicker but i found thst actually i lost less the weeks i didnt have all my shakes, some days it was unintentional i only had 2 shakes but it deffo doesbt help. My hubby has started LT yesterday n is stealing my shakes, its right narked me off cos he needs to get his own, but last time he did LT he did the same, took my shakes n would only have 2 wonen shakes (men is 2 bigger mens packs or 4 women's packs) n he obviously couldn't sustain it. He did the sake yesterday, i forced him to have a 3rd... He needed to have a 4th but didnt. I dont know why he does this. I had a go at him
Saying if u give up ure wasting my shakes its not fair. Ivd told him to walk to the pharmacy n get his own shakes tonight after work, i have a few surplus shakes but i do t want him
Using mine n than for me to run out!!

Evening :)
3 lbs loss is very good Helen. So happy for you. Yes we all want week and stone and another week and stone :p But its not how it works. :D
3 lbs is very good after all the stress you had.
Sad to hear that you Ellis did not had lost this week but there was no gain and thats good new already. Hopefully she can see and understand that starving is not the answer.

Will cross my fingers for next week ( lets be honest , 10 days ) -
To celebrate 60 day achivment. :)

Hugs

Almost forgot … :)
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1408478255.051858.jpg

Helen i remember first time round i used to do thst, thinking if i only had one or two shakes instead of 3 id lose the weight quicker but i found thst actually i lost less the weeks i didnt have all my shakes, some days it was unintentional i only had 2 shakes but it deffo doesbt help. My hubby has started LT yesterday n is stealing my shakes, its right narked me off cos he needs to get his own, but last time he did LT he did the same, took my shakes n would only have 2 wonen shakes (men is 2 bigger mens packs or 4 women's packs) n he obviously couldn't sustain it. He did the sake yesterday, i forced him to have a 3rd... He needed to have a 4th but didnt. I dont know why he does this. I had a go at him
Saying if u give up ure wasting my shakes its not fair. Ivd told him to walk to the pharmacy n get his own shakes tonight after work, i have a few surplus shakes but i do t want him
Using mine n than for me to run out!!

Goose - I think its just men :) every time ( before sw ) when me and my hubby were on diet I had to make him to eat the right amount. He was thinking if he eat less, he will lose weight faster. He always was thinking he knows the best. :)
Good luck for both of you

Thanks destamia

Day 51 (genuinely shocked) I'm still 100%!!! :)
my brother asked me last night how do i feel 3 1/2 stone lighter. Bless him he encourages me, even though we dont see each other. (He lives in england, and i in ireland) So i thought for a bit, and found that i feel like i have lost more than 3 1/2 stone. I have a smile most days, i have a life now, where as before i used to stay at home. Everything was too much effort, the negativity that comes with being fat, can get you down. I feel i get a little bit of me back with every day that passes.
Ellis was on the ball yesterday. I have asked her to do this diet for another month. Then i will be at home full time, and i will be able to do her meals. She missing eating too much, and i dont want her to do a diet she really doesnt enjoy anymore. I know a lot of it has to do with her sts yesterday. So we will see where this road leads....?
On a personal note, today marks the 2nd anniversary of my Dad passing. I know that he and mum are very much with me on this diet. :) xxx
heres to another great day :)

Hey lovely Helen
Im glad to hear you going strong even if there is hard times. Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my granny two years ago. Missing her too. But one day we meet again. Until then I just send her my love :)
Hugs. Be strong girl xx

Day 52... Hadnt time to check in this morning as i got home at 4:30am and was on the road to Knock at 9:30am. (Which is 3 1/2 hrs drive each way :() just home now, having my last shake, and must head off to work!! I will sleep tonight, i tell you.
hopped on scales this morning, and 17 st 6lbs, so another one bites the dust. The guys stopped and ate twice... And ice creams twice... Plus all the munchies that went in the car. And i sat sipping on my water lol like an eejit ;)
had a great day... Both mentally and physically, so one happy camper tonight :)
will check in with everyone tomorrow. :) xx

Day 53 :) still on it 100% (that amazes me and a host of people) ellis is finding it harder, she misses food. And can stand sitting watching people eat!! Am thinking of doing WW for her, weight loss would be smaller and slower but it might help her to watch portion size and learn better choices! She wants to stay on this to 13 st, shes 14st 7lbs at the moment! Maybe until i have my wedding i will leave her continue, she is back to school today. So she wont be able to attend weigh ins, i will do them at home!
had a great day yesterday, had my shakes in my car :D a pure rebel lol
hopped on scale this morning, and. 17st 5lbs another one gone. Must be all our walking yesterday lol
heres to another great day :)

Well done helen you are truky inspiring for everyone on here. You go girl. If ellis is finding it hard to continue and believe sge can do- this maybe sit down together and write a pros and cons list. Ifd rather she do weight watchers than cheat and lose the plot - like I did!! And if u are cooking ww meals for her it will be easier once you get to goal as u can just join her. Shehas already achieved so much and you should allbe proud of her. It really is a toughie. But the worst thing is her comi g of it without doing refeed. Maybe a week of 2 shakez and o e low carb meal... just so she feels like shes had a break? She will still lose and it will give that motivation to carry on maybe.

Shes only on 2 shakes and a meal anyways. We could do the refeed though for 2 weeks... Good thinking batman ;)
i will see how she gets on at school, as she will have her shake before school, and after school. So only water for her at school !!! Will see how she gets on :sigh:

You truly are an inspiration Helen! I can identify with a lot of the things you write about. I'm only on my third week & have a long way to go, & sometimes think arrrgghh, can I do it? But reading your journey helps me & keeps me positive.

Marie x

Shes only on 2 shakes and a meal anyways. We could do the refeed though for 2 weeks... Good thinking batman ;)
i will see how she gets on at school, as she will have her shake before school, and after school. So only water for her at school !!! Will see how she gets on :sigh:

Try a pros and cons list with her. Even a refeed week.... Maybe a week or so off and thsn she can decide if she wants to get back ok?

I know i cheated at the weekend but it wasnt willpower or thst i wanted to... Long story but emotional blackmail from the hubby, literally begging me to eat with him as he was starting LT on monday (hes been 100% 4 days so far!! Well proud of him!!) but i do thibk having thst break with my family n eating all the things i fancied did me a bit of good in the sense i enjoyed all the things i was craving but also realised it wasn't all
Its cracked up to me!! Maybe she just needs a few days off plan n than get back on ... She has u for support to get back on plan xx

Ps depending on how much your paying she could try cambridge diet? Much more enjoyable but its 44 pounds pw if im correct, im only paying 33 for Lt so not worth the change but would do cambridge if LT went up.... Its much nicer!!

Hey :)
Is summer over already and kids back in school ? I bet is hard for your girl and now the school starts too. Eating is always social even and when friends going for burger its hard to be on plan. She have done so well so far and I hope she will find the strenght to keep going as far as she can.
WW is good idea too, not only for you two when you get off from shakes but to learn to eat good balance food thats most important - sounds so easy and is so hard to acheve.
What ever you do I will be here , reading how you two doing and waiting for 16 st mark to hit :)
Hugs

Back