Helen's Journey.

I don't think I could drink that, as bad as the shakes are, I think the thoughts of that are making me feel better already lol ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Day 65. Another great day yesterday even though i wasnt feeling the best. 100% all the way. Scales seem stuck on 16st 8lbs, but thats ok. Today we have a german student visiting and staying with us for a week. I wonder what she will make of me not eating. I dont plan on explaining myself lol
heres to another great day :) x

Hi Rita. Am feeling much the same. My eyes are running, and i am sneezing all day! I think the german girl is worried she will catch it... Bless her :) and i have my totm too, and thats not going good either. I think all my water in take is to blame for that. :( x

Hi Rita. Am feeling much the same. My eyes are running, and i am sneezing all day! I think the german girl is worried she will catch it... Bless her :) and i have my totm too, and thats not going good either. I think all my water in take is to blame for that. :( x

And you still working ? you need rest and get well. If it gets too bad, you should take something. keep feet warm and keep drinking that water. Or tea. Get well soon
Do you use any folk medicine ( dont know - do you say it like this ) The old stuff - the stuff that granny's use to do ?
Im big believer of that - honest , not always helping , but I feel better to heals old school way. Not to take all those tablets doc's like to write out.
Im often have/had putrid sore throat and antibiotic stop working, so I got new one and then new one and then new one - until I almost had every antibiotic on list. When my doc told me that she soon dont know what to give me as antibiotic are getting so strong and not working I stop taking em. I did not tell my doc but it was 5 years ago - or something like that and then then I take only 2 or 3 pills - 1 or 2 days from 14. I know , I know thats not how antibiotic is working but I dont care, as its working for me - I use to had sore throat 2-3 times a year and I mean bad version , temp up to 39, swollen and rotten throat and so on , but now I have same thing maybe once a year. And 3-4 times light version of what I had before. So cutting off from antibiotic have made my body stronger. I started to use folk medicine instead - all my granny's and mom lessons coming handy.
Thats me, Im NOT telling anyone to cut off medicine , dont get me wrong please =) Im just telling what I did and how I got back to granny's ways to heal our body's

Hugs Helen , get well soon =)

Day 66. And i am starting with good news, finally i am at my half way point. Today marks the day 4 1/2 stone lighter lol omg i was so happy to see that last lb gone! What will i be like the day i actaully reach my goal :eek: (Probably be a life changing moment) to think that 66 days of no eating (as such) and I'm now 16st 7lbs. I know that still heavy, but i am a work in progress kind of project. Happy, happy, happy :)
on the other side, last night i went to bed covered in vicks vapour rub! I couldn't smell it mind you (the kids are moaning this morning about the smell of it). So at least i slept well. Coughing wasn't too bad. It seems the whole house now has it (hopefully i wont give it to the german student :cry:I don't want her taking it back to her homeland!) oh the joys of feeling rough :(
my september challenge is going good. Getting my exercise in every day. Sticking with my diet 100%. I think i should make my 20lbs loss no problem!, maybe more even :D

Congratulations X 20! Well done Hez you sound over the moon and have every right to be. That is a massive achievement. Hope that cold clears up soon. Vick is great stuff.
My non diet diet is going ok but need to tighten up and get more exercise. Hugs to you and wow wow wow. Bev x :clap:

Thanks Bev :) i am on top of the world! I surprised myself tbh.
You will sort your diet out in time. You have had so much on your your plate of late (excuse the pun). You will get there! I don't doubt that. Hope you and OH are enjoying life :) xx

And you still working ? you need rest and get well. If it gets too bad, you should take something. keep feet warm and keep drinking that water. Or tea. Get well soon
Do you use any folk medicine ( dont know - do you say it like this ) The old stuff - the stuff that granny's use to do ?
Im big believer of that - honest , not always helping , but I feel better to heals old school way. Not to take all those tablets doc's like to write out.
Im often have/had putrid sore throat and antibiotic stop working, so I got new one and then new one and then new one - until I almost had every antibiotic on list. When my doc told me that she soon dont know what to give me as antibiotic are getting so strong and not working I stop taking em. I did not tell my doc but it was 5 years ago - or something like that and then then I take only 2 or 3 pills - 1 or 2 days from 14. I know , I know thats not how antibiotic is working but I dont care, as its working for me - I use to had sore throat 2-3 times a year and I mean bad version , temp up to 39, swollen and rotten throat and so on , but now I have same thing maybe once a year. And 3-4 times light version of what I had before. So cutting off from antibiotic have made my body stronger. I started to use folk medicine instead - all my granny's and mom lessons coming handy.
Thats me, Im NOT telling anyone to cut off medicine , dont get me wrong please =) Im just telling what I did and how I got back to granny's ways to heal our body's

Hugs Helen , get well soon =)
Yes i am still working! I only have a couple more weeks though :)
I am a firm believer in the old fashioned remedies. They might taste fowl, but with that comes a cure lol i am not one for the doctors (too expensive).
Last night i coated myself in vicks vapour rub! It definitely helped me though. Hopefully in a few days i will be over the worse of it. :) xx

Keep going Helen... You're doing fab! Xx

Day 67 in the big brother house. Im feeling good. I am doing good. It does get easier the longer you are on it, definitely. Had a meeting last night and they hadnt seen me since June :) and the compliments were lovely. A few said i should stop now as i will start looking sickly! When i told them i was now weighing 16st 7lbs, they couldnt believe it. They thought i was around 17st starting. I think they were going home and weighing themselves :(
Scales never changed today again lol still 16st 7lbs. Oh the joys....
Still have my cold, getting a tad better. Nearly as slow as the weight loss lol

Hez, You are so wonderful in your commitment! You and our Rita are an amazing couple of people, I would one day love to meet you both.
Words are failing me now as I am ready for an afternoon snooze! so tired, but so happy. Love and hugs Bev x

Ah thanks Bev. One day we will all meet up!! Thats for sure :) x
Rita, your the best! :) i am proud to be one of your friends, and also delighted we connected on this. Your are my rock on this diet :) x

Day 68. And it has started off good. 16st 6lbs today :) so another lb gone... To think i am only 7lbs from seeing 15 is unreal! As well as that, really its all been in a relatively short time! A customer said last night i looked fantastic. BUT i wouldnt want to lose much more!!! What is it with people? I have said from day one (nearly anyways) 12 stone OR size 12/14 which ever comes first. I will know myself when i reach my goal. I dont desire to be a size 6, i have done that, and funny thing is i wasnt happy then either. I will know!! And its not 16st something!!! 2 weeks tomorrow is my wedding :) (yay - eating that day, within reason) then the count down will be on until my holidays! Then i need a new incentive :confused: or else i am goosed! I would love to go away for christmas and the new year, but John (hubby) would rather stay home!! And i dont want to split the family at christmas! It will be my first christmas without my Mum, and my first having no parent!! Mine always came to us for Christmas, nobody else wanted them that day! I know thats life :(
So any suggestions for my new incentive would be more than welcome!
Heres to another great day :) x

MFP has told me if i continue to eat as I am doing, in 5 weeks I will be 14st 13lbs!!! Wonder if that is accurate (holidays has to be 5 weeks on Monday :))

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Ooh Hez, so fab nearing the 15's. Could your new incentive be to feel good in your own skin? Or is that a bit simple? Dunno? I want to feel good in my own skin. Hell, I just love tormenting myself I think! lol
Anyway, loads of congratulations, heaps of lov:bighug:e and a big hug. Bev x

Thanks Bev, your a diamond :) one very special lady for sure. Hope your enjoying your weekend! Xx

Day 69! Got up to a beautiful sun shining this morning :) (even though i didn't get home until 5am :(). I am on my first shake of the day (its going well, no lumps today!) yesterday i got the brain wave to have 500 mls of water with my shake, that was a bad idea!!! I wont be doing that again :(
2 weeks today is the wedding! I have to get my outfit monday or tuesday of that week. I don't want to spend much as i hope to lose more again after the wedding!! Am thinking a summer outfit on sale! Thats the plan, and hopefully i will find something :)
this morning my little ritual was smiling 16st 5 lbs at me, and i smiling back lol (i have come to love my scales lol) 5lbs more to go and i hit 5 STONE gone!! That is just amazing, had loads of compliments again yesterday at work! People saying i don't know what diet your doing but stick with it!!! One person did ask had i had a gastric band operation, as he noticed i had lost a lot of weight, and he hadn't seen me since the start of august. He wanted to know how much i had lost, and i told him. He then made the assumption i had undergone surgery for the weight loss in such a short time lol MEN eh!! I asked when had i time to get my foot sorted let alone a gastric band fitted, i wonder if the rumour will start around town i had the op! A friend who knows what diet i am doing, is trying to get her head around this diet, as she would like to start. She would be around 16 - 17 stone i would say! So i said we would be similar weights, but i don't think she wants it bad enough. She wants the weight gone without the diet!! She wants it gone fast too lol (don't we all :sigh:)
I have been thinking about my final incentive. And so far all i have come up with is christmas and new year out foreign! The whole family to go, which we are not in october as hubby and son are staying back! I am going pricing Malta for the said holiday. They would be no christmas then in this house, obviously santa for Caitlin! But that would be it. I have always had my family with me for christmas, and i do love christmas! This would be a first, but maybe it could be a good thing. A new tradition, i don't know, its just an idea!
Last night at work it was just stupid. As bad as dealing with drunk people are drugs is another thing altogether. A man started beating up a woman, and i and a few more locals went to her aid. Only for 2 of the lads to end up bitten, one your fella took a big bite out of his neck. And he bite the top of another fellas finger. Same fella did all 3 people. So i rang police as it was kind of turning into a riot. And kept bitten people back, as they wanted to kill your man. Only for your mans friend to come at me with a huge bottle. (One of the 5ltr whiskey bottles you have in pub). He broke bottle and came at me, thankfully i ran, we all did. And he threw it at me. He then went up the alleyway and climbed on my roof :mad: Shouting all these profanities at me. And then he proceeded to pull off the aerial from next door and hurl it at me. Thankfully it missed me and my car which was behind me. And landed in the middle of the road, police landed only for your man to take off over the roofs (like spiderman) high as a kite!! The 2 lads ended up in hospital, the fella doing the biting was arrested, and spiderman was being followed from the ground by the cops. And would also be arrested!! Sometimes i wonder is it worth all the trouble having my own business! There has to be an easier way to make a living, of that i am sure! (Rant over)
Heres to a great day :) x

Back