Helen's quest for good health!

The grandkids popped over to see me today, very sweet but had to keep telling Jake not to jump on my hip! Aaah!

Mark did a BBQ for lunch, I stayed SW friendly with homemade burgers and salad and Lizzi said she preferred the look of my burgers, I told Mark I should have made them for all of us! X

Aaleigha said:
found you
off to get ready and go for my short walk - I will be back to read later :):)

Welcome and enjoy your walk, every little helps! Will go and find your diary now x

Hiya Helen...
Thanks for that recipe will be making a batch later (pea and mint) with a few tweaks to what you put down... Will let you know how it turns out... Hope wi goes ok... xx

well here I am having found you and still only on page five
but if I dont ask now I will forget
what is the recipe for syn free onion chutney I keep seeing mentioned I think that would be a great addition to many of my meals

and I am dizzy at the changing shift pattern - I am not surprised you used it as an excuse in the past
I think you have and are doing brilliantly

sleepytimesadie said:
Hiya Helen...
Thanks for that recipe will be making a batch later (pea and mint) with a few tweaks to what you put down... Will let you know how it turns out... Hope wi goes ok... xx

Mmm pea and mint sounds lovely x

Aaleigha said:
well here I am having found you and still only on page five
but if I dont ask now I will forget
what is the recipe for syn free onion chutney I keep seeing mentioned I think that would be a great addition to many of my meals

and I am dizzy at the changing shift pattern - I am not surprised you used it as an excuse in the past
I think you have and are doing brilliantly

Please don't bore yourself silly reading my diary lol! I got the recipe from on here, I don't know how to do links but search for it and if you can't find it then I'll copy and paste the recipe.. You've just reminded me as haven't made that for awhile.

The shifts can at times be a killer but trying so hard not to let it be an excuse but I've really been struggling to get back down to my pre holiday weight (April!), I want my 3 stone award back! If I ever say I want to do All Inclusive again remind me I gained 11 1/2lb!!

Well I worked out at the gym again today, determined to strengthen this left leg, anything to avoid an operation! It's so hard though as if I don't exercise the pain almost vanishes but can't lay off exercise forever so still trying to persevere and work through the pain.

Did only 20 minutes cardio but then about 40 mins resistance and Swiss ball, I want to be fit!

HPSaucy said:
Well I worked out at the gym again today, determined to strengthen this left leg, anything to avoid an operation! It's so hard though as if I don't exercise the pain almost vanishes but can't lay off exercise forever so still trying to persevere and work through the pain.

Did only 20 minutes cardio but then about 40 mins resistance and Swiss ball, I want to be fit!

Go easy on your leg Helen, you can do more harm than good by being over zealous... The houmous came out fine and I have put lots of little batches of it in the freezer... I used one tin of Chickpeas, just over a quarter of a bag of fresh peas, plain cottage cheese and about four sprigs of fresh mint along with the lemon juice and garlic...xx

Well I am still reading :) as for your 11.5lb I have done the same and as a very good friend reminded me it just goes to show how good we are with healthy eating when we arent on holiday to be able to put on so much :):)

sleepytimesadie said:
Go easy on your leg Helen, you can do more harm than good by being over zealous... The houmous came out fine and I have put lots of little batches of it in the freezer... I used one tin of Chickpeas, just over a quarter of a bag of fresh peas, plain cottage cheese and about four sprigs of fresh mint along with the lemon juice and garlic...xx

Your houmous sounds really gorgeous, I tried the red pepper one at the taster evening and it was good, someone else had made one without the cottage cheese but I actually preferred the one with it despite not actually liking cottage cheese!

I know I shouldn't be over zealous but everytime I've seen the consultant I haven't been exercising so it's not too bad whereas next time I see him I want to show him I've done everything I can to strengthen it and try and avoid having this operation! X

Aaleigha said:
Well I am still reading :) as for your 11.5lb I have done the same and as a very good friend reminded me it just goes to show how good we are with healthy eating when we arent on holiday to be able to put on so much :):)

That's very true, thanks for reminding me of that, it went on far too easily and the thing is I could have actually been far worse! X

a STS is a good result
as you say you are essential happy with you and your life the weight will drop when its the right time for you and not before - you cant force it
in the meantime you need to get yourself well and enjoy your life

obviously it would be good to lose some and you should really celebrate those losses but dont let it take over your life

and yes I am now at the end so wont need to play catch up any longer
H xx

Well done Helen x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aaleigha said:
a STS is a good result
as you say you are essential happy with you and your life the weight will drop when its the right time for you and not before - you cant force it
in the meantime you need to get yourself well and enjoy your life

obviously it would be good to lose some and you should really celebrate those losses but dont let it take over your life

and yes I am now at the end so wont need to play catch up any longer
H xx
Excellent advice.. Again! Xx
lsf666 said:
Well done Helen x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
cheers Lisa x

sleepytimesadie said:
As you have told me many a time Helen Sts is not a gain so therefore a result...xx
that's so true lol! Thanks x

I'm still listening to the pods but have decided that from today I'm going to write down what I'm eating again as Hazel pointed out that my losses were really good when I was noting down my food before, I have been eating what I like which hasn't necessarily been too bad but have been eating lots of bread/crackers (HEB's) and hardly any dairy (HEA's), I know the pods aren't all about food but I haven't been doing them properly and writing my positives every day.

I know it seems weird writing my food down today when I'm going away for the weekend tomorrow but I wanted to start today so I am! I have little control over what I eat this weekend but will see what I can do and get straight back on track on Monday.

Friday 17th August (Early shift)

Breakfast: BLT (HEB + 1.0 of mayo)

Lunch: tinned red salmon with salad, 1 tbsp salad cream (1.0)

Dinner: chicken kievs (45g lf cheddar HEA + 15g golden breadcrumbs 2.5), baked beans, 3 tbsp ketchup (1.5)

Snacks: dougnut peach, slice of ham

Drinks: 3 litres water/squash

Total syns: 6.0

Positives:
1) Feel good about myself today
2) I can do this
3) enjoyed being totally back on track

Back