Helen's quest for good health!

HPSaucy

Will get there one day!
Well here goes.. My first attempt at a diary!

My names Helen, I live in Buckinghamshire, I've been doing SW since end of January, was really focused, my head was really in the zone and had lost 1 1/2 stone and then I went on holiday, three weeks later head hasn't been in the right place but from yesterday I'm trying to get back in the right place as want to keep the good work up so thought I'd start a diary, I'm sure no one will want to read it but by me putting things down I'll feel I can't cheat in case anyone's looking!

I've always been fairly big but was always fit as well but when I moved away from home 6 years ago that went to pot and I've done nothing however beginning of March this year something clicked and I started Couch to 5K and I've now joined a gym, it is a big effort for me to exercise but funnily enough I'm sort of enjoying it!

I work for an airline and I do shift work, I used to use it as an excuse for my crap diet but trying not to do that now!

Anyway here goes...

Friday 13th - (Late shift) ... First day back on track:

Brunch:
BLT sandwich - HEB + 0.5 syns (EL mayo)

Snack:
3x ryvita thins - 4.5 syns
Plum, apple, pear, carrot

Dinner:
Tuna & pasta bake - HEA + 3.5 syns
Spinach, tomato, cucumber, celery, spring onion, vinegar
Meringue nest (3.0 syns), FF vanilla yoghurt, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries

Total syns: 11.5

Exercise: 30min run + 15 min walk

Hannah:) said:
Hi Helen,

Can't believe it its the WORLD WIDE WEB and i've found someone doing SW who lives in Aylesbury too!!

Who would think it - We could have seen each other at a class / Tescos / Gym and not realised..

Good Luck with getting back on track - Your Diary for yesterday looks good - But that's Just One day!

Xx

Hey what a small world, what class do you go to? I go to Ann Power's on a Thursday but can't always get to that one so make other visits other days to Fairford Leas or Aston Clinton.

I've just joined the Guttman, do you go there too?

You'll have to upload a photo so if I see you I can say hi! X

Saturday 14th May (Late shift)

Breakfast:
3x wholegrain crackerbread (1/2 HEB)
42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA)
Syn free onion chutney

Lunch:
Jacket potato with prawns & crabsticks
Seafood sauce (1.5 syns)
Spinach, tomato, celery, cucumber, spring onion

Dinner:
Mash potato
Mustard beef & mushrooms (1.0 syn)
Broccoli, carrot, sweetcorn
Meringue nest (3.0 syns)
Vanilla FF yoghurt
Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries

Snacks:
pear, plums, slice of ham

Total syns: 5.5

Exercise: 30 mins gym (15mins bike/15mins cross trainer)

Nearly home time.. Only another hour! Only eaten half a HEB so might have an alpen light bar when I get in, food already to throw in bag for Early shift in morning so straight home to bed.

Late - Early Shifts suck big time, but at least your be able to enjoy Sunday afternoon!

All the best! xx

By the time I got home there wasn't much of the afternoon left unfortunately! X

Work was manic yesterday so no chance to do diary but here it is:

Sunday 15th May (Early shift)

Breakfast:
Yoghurt with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
Banana

Lunch:
Seafood sauce (2.0 syns)
Spinach, tomatoes, celery, cucumber, spring onions

Dinner:
Spaghetti bolognaise (2.0)
28g Parmesan cheese (HEA)
Angel delight inc. Milk (8.0)
2x alpen light (HEB)

Total syns: 12.0

I'm starting placement in a couple of weeks again so won't always be able to make the Tuesday night so might come to one of Anns Sessions - Missing a weigh in could be lethal!

I'll PM you x

On an Early today and so tired, a girl at works Birthday and she's bought in gorgeous cakes.. I say gorgeous but I have resisted even though they're making my mouth water!

Monday 16th May (Early shift)

Breakfast:
3x wholewheat crackerbread (1/2 HEB)
42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA)
Syn free onion chutney

Lunch:
Mackerel (0.5)
Spinach, tomatoes, celery, cucumber, mushrooms, beetroot, spring onion
2tbsp EL salad cream (2.0)

Snacks:
Banana
Popcorn 25g (5.0)

Dinner:
Honey, chilli & lime salmon (1.0)
Spinach, cucumber, spring onion, celery, tomatoes, beetroot, mushrooms
New potatoes
3 tbsp EL salad cream (3.0)

Total syns: 11.5

Exercise: 25 min run / 25 min walk

I'll update as the day goes on, wanted to go for a run after work.. Just need the energy! X

Last edited:
Short of half a HEB, annoyed as wanted to be 100% this week, should have had an alpen light bar.. Damn!

I did manage to run but not for as long, thought I could do it without the app but didn't know how long I'd run for so gave up, realised I'd run for longer than I thought and then had to walk loads to get back!

Don't allow 1/2 a HEB to put you off being 100% for the rest of the week - Honestly 1 alpen light bar less is NOT going to make a difference on Thursday!

I know that lol but I'm pretty bad at having my HE's so thought I'd make myself have them this week, hence why a couple of days ago I had alpen lights after dinner even when I wasn't hungry as new I had to have them!

Tuesday 17th May (Early shift)

Breakfast:
Activia Vanilla FF yogurt
Blueberries & grapes

Lunch:
Savoury rice with mushrooms and bacon
Apple
Plums

Dinner:
Levi Roots sunshine burger (4.5 due lean mince)
Sunshine sauce (3.0)
Gherkins and tomato
Potato wedges
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
2x cheese slices (HEA)

Snacks:
Dairy Milk bliss, 2x squares (5.0)

Total syns: 12.5

Haven't eaten enough fruit and veg today but burgers and sauce were scrummy, will definitely make again but pray Tesco's actually have extra lean mince next time.

Last edited:
God I hate getting up at this time! I'm so exhausted and have Personal Training session in 12 hours time.. All I want to do is plan to go home and sleep not go to the gym!

Just had my first Personal Training session, hard work but enjoyed it, sure I'll feel it in the morning! Was told to lay off the running for a while as got pain in muscle in lower back so will have to go to the gym more to get all my Body Magic in.

Wednesday 18th May (Early shift)

Breakfast:
Vanilla activia FF yoghurt
Grapes, blueberries, raspberries

Snacks:
Banana

Lunch:
Levi Roots burger (4.5), sunshine sauce (2.5)
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
Cheese slice (1/2 HEA)
Gherkin, tomato, spinach, mushrooms, cucumber

Dinner:
Tilda coconut and coriander leaf rice (2.0)
Thai crab cakes x3 (1.0)
Sweet chilli sauce 2tbsp (3.0)

Exercise:
30mins at gym with personal trainer

Total syns: 13.0

Last edited:
Yesterday wasn't a good day food wise! Woke up early, read for a couple of hours and then must have fallen asleep again cos woke up late so no time for breakfast, went to friends for lunch and had a naughty lunch and then had weigh-in, pleased with 1 1/2lb off but was hoping for more but what could I expect after what I ate at lunchtime!

After weigh-in I just threw some bits together, definitely not a SW friendly day!

Thursday 19th May (OFF)

Breakfast: nothing!!

Lunch:
Mussels with french bread (?? Syns)

Dinner:
Levi Roots left over burger! (4.5)
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
Cheese slice (HEA)
Mayonnaise 10tbsp! (5 syns)
Homefries (? Syns)

Exercise:
3 mile walk around Windsor

Really naughty yesterday but had a really good day with friends, I was going to say back on track today but we're going out for a curry tonight!

Off to Aqua Fit now and had no breakfast.. Not a good start!

Friday 20th May (OFF)

Breakfast: none as went to gym

Snacks:
6x wholegrain crackerbread (HEB)
3x dairylea light (HEA)
Syn free onion chutney

Lunch:
Seafood sauce (2.5)
Spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, celery

Dinner:
Poppadom
2 tbsp mango chutney
Garlic crabs
1/2 naan bread
1/2 mushroom rice
Monkfish curry

Exercise:
45 minute swim / 45 aqua class

Not sure how to syn the curry so guessing I'll just have to say it was a flexi day! Really enjoyed it though.. Just hope I can pull it back this week!

Saturday 21st May (OFF)

Brunch:
2x wholemeal bread (HEB)
1 tbsp light mayo (1.0)
Lettuce & tomato

Dinner:
Parmesan crust chicken (HEA)
Roasted garlic potatoes
Spinach, tomato & pepper
Natural yogurt & asian spice mix
Onken apple and mango yogurt
Blueberries & raspberries

Snacks:
Plums
Mars bar (14.0)

Exercise:
30 mins cardio / 20 mins resistance

Total syns: 15.0

We both really enjoyed the Parmesan crust chicken, will be making this again.

Did some batch cooking this afternoon, levi roots spaghetti bolognaise and prepared food for prawn & pepper pot but forgot to buy the prawns so need to get them in morning!

Busy shift last night, so tired this morning! I normally drink loads of water but didn't have time to get up to refill glass or go to the toilet! Kept going to take a sip and then realising it was empty!

Sunday 22nd May (Late shift)

Breakfast:
Tiger roll (8.5)
Ham and natural yoghurt mixed with spice mix

Lunch:
jacket potato, beans and 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA)

Dinner:
Prawn & mixed pepper pot
Blueberries, raspberries, grapes, melon, FF vanilla yoghurt

Snacks:
Apple
Hifi bar (HEB)

Aaah! So tired this morning, got in from work just past midnight and thought yippee I can have a lie in as not going to gym until 10 but no.. Forgot Monday's are bin day! Not just normal rubbish but recycling including glass.. So loud!

Back