Helen's quest for good health!

Had a health check at the gym this morning, oops body fat wasn't good! Nearly 50% aaahh!

On the plus side my measurements have come down since starting SW, have lost 3 inches from my bust, 5 inches from my waist and 5 1/2 from my thighs, really pleased about that.

Today hubby said to me that I looked really nice when we went out Friday night, bless him, I was so happy, I was only wearing and old top I've had for a few years but I must admit it fits better now, think I was kidding myself I was an 18, I really am now, haven't gone down a dress size but my clothes fit better.

Monday 23rd May (Late shift)

Breakfast:
SW sausages x2, bacon x2, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms
2 tbsp tomato ketchup (1.0)

Lunch:
Ham sandwich (HEB)
Apple

Dinner:
Tuna & pasta bake (HEA + 3.5)
spinach, celery, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, beetroot
Vanilla FF yogurt
Blueberries, grapes, raspberries

Snacks:
Slice of ham
3x crabsticks

Exercise:
45mins cardio

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th May (Late shift)

Breakfast:
BLT (HEB + 1.0 for mayo)

Lunch:
Mushroom and potato gratin (HEA)

Dinner:
Jacket potato & prawns
Seafood sauce (1.5)
Spinach, tomato, sweetcorn, beetroot, celery, cucumber, mushroom

vanilla FF yogurt
Blueberries, strawberries, grapes, raspberries

Snacks:
Apple
White chocolate oaty bar (3.5)

Total syns: (6.0)

Last edited:
Hiya hun. Thought I'd pop by and say hi as I'm new to the SW forum. Your doing brilliantly with the plan plus the gym. I'm in awe. Where do you find the time especially doing shift work. I also work shifts - nights can be a difficult one. Your menus sound lovely. I may pinch a few ideas if you don't mind. Have a good evening.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Julslynne said:
Hiya hun. Thought I'd pop by and say hi as I'm new to the SW forum. Your doing brilliantly with the plan plus the gym. I'm in awe. Where do you find the time especially doing shift work. I also work shifts - nights can be a difficult one. Your menus sound lovely. I may pinch a few ideas if you don't mind. Have a good evening.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Ahh thanks, I've been doing shift work for 15 years and have always used that as an excuse for not exercising but then I bit the bullet and started the Couch to 5K, even though I wasn't that keen on running doing the actual exercise gave me a real buzz hence deciding to join the gym.

I've been going before my Late shifts or on my days off, only been a couple of times after Earlies as I'm always so knackered! When my alarm goes off in the morning though I do think "oh know" but at the moment I've got the motivation to get up.

Houseworks been put on a back burner though as I'm always so busy either exercising, meal planning or cooking!

As for food, you steal away, I find it hard to come up with different things but there are some great ideas on here and I set my self a task of trying at least one new recipe each week but the last few I've been trying even more than that!

Sorry this is really long but Night shifts throw me into chaos! My body can't get used to them, we only do 2 about every 5 weeks though, do you do many? X

Tuesday 25th May (Early shift)

Breakfast:
BLT (HEB + 1.0 mayo)

Lunch:
Prawn salad with seafood sauce (1.5)
FF yogurt with blueberries, grapes, raspberries and strawberries

Snacks:
Crabsticks x4
Ham slice x2
6x mikado sticks (3.0)

Dinner:
Zaion's seasoned-up spaghetti bolognaise (including peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, spring onion, onion) (1.5)
28g Parmesan (HEA)

Total syns: 7.0

Last edited:
Really pleased I lost 3lb tonight and got my Club 10.

Most people don't know I'm doing SW but what made me mad yesterday is that some colleagues are doing WW, sitting there eating crisps and chocolate whilst I was eating fruit and one of them turned around to me and said "you do know there are natural sugars in fruit don't you", I usually bite my tongue but actually said "thank you I do realise that but I'd rather eat the natural sugars from fruit rather than that chocolate bar you're eating"... Oops deafening silence!

Thursday 26th May (Early shift)

Breakfast:
FF vanilla yoghurt
Raspberries, strawberries & grapes

Lunch:
Prawn salad (1.5 seafood sauce)

Dinner:
Lamb steaks with rosemary sweet potatoes (HEB= olive oil, 1.0 wholegrain mustard)

Snacks:
Banana
Apple
Oaty bar (3.5)
Pick n mix sweets (6.0)

Total syns: 12.0

Treated myself to some sweeties after weigh in and managed to stay within my syns also saved some for tomorrow after my Double shift as long as I still have some syns left.

Starting to feel a bit weary, 4 1/2hrs sleep and 8hrs down 7hrs left to go at work, still I'm off for the weekend yippee!

Friday 27th May (Double shift)

Breakfast:
BLT (HEB + 1.0 mayo)

Lunch:
Tinned red salmon salad
Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
FF vanilla yogurt

Dinner:
Lamb steaks with rosemary sweet potatoes (7.0 for olive oil & wholegrain mustard)

Snacks:
Banana
42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA)
7x pick n mix sweets (7.0)

Total syns: 15.0

Feel quite guilty that I had sweets even though they were within syn allowance.

Last edited:
Oh dear yesterday wasn't a good day but could have been so much worse but out today as well so think this whole weekend is going to end up being flexi! I so wanted to lose 2 1/2lb this week to get my 2 stone but I'm going to enjoy my weekend as I get so few off and don't go out that much anymore.

Saturday 28th May (OFF)

Breakfast: 3x sweet onion ryvita with natural yoghurt and Asian spice mix (HEB)

Lunch: jacket potato, beans and 21g reduced fat cheddar (1/2HEA)

Dinner: @ Prezzos
Fussili with Italian sausage in tomato sauce
2 slices caramelised onion flatbread

Snacks: 3x ryvita thins (4.5)
2x pick n mix sweets (2.0)
Slice of ham

Drinks:
2 glasses of wine
1 double Jeremiah weed with lemonade
1 spiced rum

Exercise:
40 mins cardio
Core muscles 20 mins
Resistance 20 mins

Went to the gym with my friend Katherine and we worked really hard, she says it's good to do different things and we were pushing each other.

Head quite fuzzy this morning and tummy delicate but had to go to the gym this morning as I knew I wouldn't get my 150mins of exercise in for my Body Magic Gold this week if I didn't go today, quite hard but feel good for it.

Hubby now cooking a nice breakfast to fill us up until BBQ tonight.

Exercise: 40 mins cardio

Last edited:
Oopps excellent weekend but very bad food wise, behaved both mornings at breakfast but at the BBQ (along with a fair amount of alcohol - but not as much as usual!) I had a massive burger, a sausage, chicken with skin on, lamb kofta (none SW or low fat), burger bun, potatoes (later found out they had oil on them), lovely salad followed by gorgeous apple pie and custard!

Yesterday we were given chilli but had tortilla chips with it!! Also had left over apple pie as it was so gorgeous the night before.. I went with all good intentions and they went straight out the window!

I feel quite cross I couldn't stick to SW over the weekend but I figure I don't do it every week and I'm back on it today, also at gym today so we'll see what happens at weigh in!

Back on track today so here goes!

Tuesday 31st May (Late shift)

Breakfast:
Beans on toast with 1 tbsp EL salad cream (1.0)

Lunch:
Jacket potato, prawns & crabsticks
Seafood sauce (2.5)
Spinach, tomatoes, sweetcorn, cucumber

Dinner:
Lamb hotpot (2.0)
Broccoli, sweetcorn, carrots
Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, FF vanilla yogurt

Snacks:
apple
Ham
42g reduced fat cheddar

Exercise:
40 mins cardio
20 mins resistance

Last edited:
I weighed in this morning as can't make tomorrow and STS, bit disappointed but couldn't expect anything else after what I had to eat and drink at the weekend.

Wednesday 1st June (Late shift)

Breakfast:
6x wholegrain crackerbread (HEB)
5x laughing cow light triangles (HEA)
Syn free onion chutney

Lunch:
Prawn & spinach sandwich (6.0 = bread 1.0 = seafood sauce)

Dinner:
Mushroom & mustard beef (2.0)
Jacket potato, broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn

Snacks:
FF vanilla yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, grapes and raspberries

Last edited:
Thursday we went down to the coast for the day, it was gorgeous and as usual I went swimming fully clothed! Really must leave a cossie in my car for times like this, I love the sea so much.

Was good for breakfast and lunch but then was very tempted (and gave into temptation) of a lovely milkshake followed by fish and chips but I'd planned on having the latter anyway.

Thursday 2nd June

Breakfast:
Blueberries, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, vanilla FF yoghurt

Lunch:
Prawn salad with new potatoes
(left coleslaw, mayo and French bread boo hoo)

Snacks:
Rolo milkshake (? Syns)

Dinner:
Fish & chips, tomato ketchup (35.0 ?)

Total syns: too many! 50+ ?

Friday 3rd June (Early)

Breakfast:
Banana, grapes (ran out of other fruit!), vanilla FF yogurt

Lunch:
Salad
4x ryvita (HEB + 2.0) with mackerel fillets in curry sauce (0.5)

Dinner:
Parmesan chicken (HEA), spinach, tomatoes, peppers, potato wedges
EL mayo (0.5)

Snacks:
Sunbite crisps (6.0)

Total syns: 9.0

Last edited:
Saturday 4th June (Early shift)

Breakfast:
Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes

Lunch:
Smoked mackerel (3.0) salad

Dinner:
Pork wrapped in parma ham (parma ham=2.0, stuffing=1.0)
rosemary & garlic roasted potatoes
courgette, tomato, onion, pepper
olive oil 1/2tbsp (3.0)

Snacks:
Banana
Peach
Oaty Bar (HEB)

Total syns: 9.0

Got to work and realised I'd left banana, apple and peach on kitchen work top gggrrrr so angry, no where to get any so the only fruit I had with me was the fruit I was having for lunch and had no snacks either... 16hours later though and I was fine, meals filled me up and didn't need snacks but it was just the thought of them not being there and what would I do if I needed any.

Sunday 5th June (Double shift)

Breakfast:
BLT (HEB + 1.0 mayo)

Lunch:
Mackerel (3.0) salad
Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes

Dinner:
Parma ham wrapped pork (3.0), roasted veg, 1/2tbsp oil (3.0), couscous (0.5)

Drinks:
Hot chocolate (HEA + 3.5)

Total syns = 14.0

All day even though I wasn't hungry I wanted chocolate, resisted and then when I got home I snuggled up on sofa with hubby and lovely comforting hot chocolate.

Monday 6th June (OFF)

Breakfast: banana

Lunch:
Jacket potato, cheese (HEA) & beans

Dinner:
Lamb with lemon & saffron roasted potatoes
Broccoli & carrots
Vanilla FF yogurt with 2x alpen light (HEB)

Total syns: 0.0

Last edited:
Back to my old bad habit of not eating enough! And then had pizza after weigh in! It was lovely and first since starting SW again in January, lost 1 1/2lb tonight but was that only because I hardly ate all day?!

Tuesday 7th June (OFF)

Breakfast: none! Was at gym

Lunch: left over lemon & saffron roast potatoes

Dinner: dominoes pizza (far too many syns!)

Exercise:
33 crosstrainer (5K)
15 mins core muscles

Went to Harvester tonight with family, we don't have a Harvester very near us so first time I've been in years, made good food choices I think, didn't have dessert but had a magnum when I got back to parents, whole days syns and I didn't even like it that much!

Wednesday 8th June (OFF)

Breakfast: none!

Lunch: jacket potato, cheese (42g reduced fat cheddar) & beans

Dinner:
Salad cart, all fresh with a drizzle of red devil sauce (1.0 syn?)
Sea bass fillet, green beans & new potatoes (no butter)
Bread roll (HEB)

Snacks:
Apricots
magnum (14.0!)

Exercise:
32 mins crosstrainer (5K)

Back