Hellie's Food Diary

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I have just joined this site, and what a good idea having a food diary section. This should help keep me on track!

So here goes...I am quite new on SW and only started back on plan this weekend. I have gotten so fat again - I've gained 2 stone over the last year after losing 4 stone. I feel awful, it's affecting my moods and self confidence. I need to do something about it and just being back on track is making me feel better - like I'm doing something positive towards making myself feel better!

Please comment on my foods if you want to, I'll appreciate any guidance! :)

Thanks!!

Hellie

Last edited:
Day 1 - Sat 15th Nov 2008
ORIGINAL

Breakfast
Mango
Banana
Natural yoghurt v low fat

Lunch
Home made veg soup including parsnips (HEB)
cabbage s carrots s onion s
Dinner
Goulash (from Dec mag recipe) mushrooms s
Summer berries ss with v low fat yoghurt

Snacks
Seafood sticks
Satsumas s

Syns
2 finger kit kat - 5.5

Last edited:
Day 2 - Sun 16th Nov 08
ORIGINAL

Brunch
Poached egg
1 slice bacon (trimmed)
Grilled tomatoes s
Mushrooms (fried in fry light) s
1 slice wholemeal toast (HE-B)

Snacks
Banana
Grapes

Dinner
Chicken breast stuffed with extra light soft cheese (HE-B), wrapped in bacon (trimmed) with steamed carrots s and broccoli s and sauteed leeks s

Last edited:
Day 3 - Mon 17th Nov
GREEN

Breakfast
Fresh pineapple s
V low fat natural yoghurt

Lunch
Vegetable ratatouille s
Boiled rice
Olive oil HE B

Dinner
Pasta with mushroom s, onions s, garlic s and 1 slice bacon (trimmed) HE B and quark

Snacks
Banana

Syns
Meringue nest 3

Last edited:
Another good day today! Feel soooo positive about what I've been eating, which is fab. I just need to drink more water, bit slack in that department. So, here's what I ate today:

Tues 18th Nov 2008 ORIGINAL

Breakfast
Pineapple s
V low fat natural yoghurt
Lunch
Home made (free) veg soup
Dinner
Turkey burgers (turkey mince, courgette s, onion s, ginger, soy sauce, egg) with 2 small wholemeal rolls HE Bx2 and 2 laughing cow x light HE A (half!)
Mixed berries ss and v low fat yoghurt
Snacks
Satsuma s
Grapes
Seafood sticks
Syns
Meringue nest 3 (I think, will look up and correct!)
Exercise
1 mile walk

Last edited:
Having another great day today. :D Made the veg crisps, which although not a total success, were very tasty and will improve next time I make them! I have a cold coming on and am all bunged up in the head, so have made a rogan josh curry this afternoon and it's sitting on the hob getting all tasty now!! I love being off work, it's so much easier to plan foods. I don't know how I'm going to cope when I've got to go back to work!!! :(
Wednesday 19th Nov 2008
ORIGINAL

Brunch
2 poached eggs, 2 Morrisons LF pork sausages, 1 slice trimmed bacon
Dinner
Chicken rogan josh (from saucy secrets book recipe) with added aubergine s and served with a jacket potato HE B
Snacks
Banana
Pear s
Seafood sticks
Home made veg crisps s
Syns
1 small slice white bread 3
Meringue 3

Last edited:
Stinking cold still, feeling in a right grump and have an appetite so immense it's gross!! However, almost no taste, so much of the pleasure of food is removed...just not good :cry:
Still...good day :)

Thurs 20th Nov 2008
ORIGINAL

Breakfast
Melon 1/4 ss
Natural yoghurt v low fat

Lunch
2 LF sausages
2 bacon
2 eggs done in fry light

Dinner
Smoked haddock
king prawns
carrots s , leeks s, onion s,
skimmed milk HE A
potato HE B
swede

Snacks
Satsumas s
Veg crisps

Syns
white bread - 5

Proud of myself today - went out shopping (Cheshire Oaks, love it!!) and had NO naughty food whatsoever. I had a positively angelic lunch and no snacky food at all. No crisps, no chocolate, no fried stuff...I am SO pleased with my willpower!!

Friday 21st Nov
GREEN

Breakfast
Melon
Lunch
Jacket potato and baked beans
Dinner
Pasta with home made arrabiata sauce (with parmesan HE A)
Syn free rice pudding (skimmed milk HE A)
Snacks
satsumas
Syns
Dark chocolate 5

WI DAY...and the result is... 5lbs off!
Thrilled to bits. Proof that a good week being on track (and importantly, being honest with myself about what I am eating!!!) is what works.

Another good week this week and I may make my birthday target early! Woohoo!

Anyway, the start of another week and here's the stuff for today:

WEEK 2

Saturday 22nd November
ORIGINAL

Brunch
2 Morrisons VLF sausages
2 slices bacon (trimmed)
mushrooms
1 small slice white bread 3 syns

Dinner
Steak with roasted veg and salad

Snacks/Other
Pear
Glühwein 4.5 syns
Gin and slimline tonic x4 10syns
Half a fruit beer (no idea syns, basing it on the book and guessing 5)

Last edited:
Sunday update on Saturday night...

So, I went out! First bit of alcohol for over a week, thought I would get smashed. But nooooo...I was the only flipping sober one all night! Now, don't get me wrong, it was very nice not to be falling down drunk and it's lovely not to have a hangover this morning, but really, what a flipping waste of syns! I would at least liked to have been mildly merry! I spent all those syns on gin and didn't get even slightly tipsy!!! GUTTED!
I did have a very good week last week though and so did have some flexible syns to play with (not that I'm working it like that, but it give me a little slack). So now I just need to be great again this week because otherwise those gins are totally going to come and bite my in the belly!
I'm going away to see some friends in London this weekend, so WI will have to be on Friday morning instead. So that's extra extra being good...eek!

Here is Sunday's food diary:

Sunday 23rd November

GREEN

Breakfast
Melon and VLF yoghurt

Lunch
Omelette with mushrooms and peppers, with reduced fat cheese HE A

Dinner
Butternut squash risotto with red onion, chili and garlic, and parmesan HE A
Summer fruits and VLF natural yoghurt

Snacks and Syns
Satsuma

Last edited:
Not a brill day today - sabotaged myself with naughty foods. And then wasn't sure if I was having red or green...so went green even though it meant more syns for the bratwurst. Estmate the syns at 20, which actually isn't as bad as I thought. I didn't have many yesterday and can cut back tomorrow too so should be okay. She says....

Monday 24th November

Breakfast
Melon and VLF yoghurt

Lunch
Bratwurst 10 in white bread roll 5
Banana in dark chocolate 5

Dinner
Syn free chips and 2 poached eggs

Snacks and Syns
Satsuma

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th November
ORIGINAL

Breakfast
Melon ss and VLF yoghurt

Lunch
Chili chicken salad with quark/yoghurt dressing (garlic, coriander and lime juice)

Dinner
Chicken Jalfrezi (from original cookbook) including onions s, peppers s, tinned tomatoes and garlic s

Snacks and Syns
Tikka fridge raiders 1.5 syns
Satsuma s
2 slices wholemeal bread HE B with extra light soft cheese HE A
Banana
kit kat 5.5

Last edited:
A busy day today and food has been okay!:)
I don't think I'm having enought HE As though, so tomorrow will buy some light baby bels mmmmm!

Wednesday 26th November
ORIGINAL

Breakfast
Frozen (but defrosted!) berries ss and VLF fromage frais

Lunch
Chargrilled chicken pieces (I had to grab and go and this was all I could find that was really easily red-friendly)

Dinner
Chili made with beef mince, onion s, carrot s, tinned tomatoes , tomato puree, kidney beans (HE B)mushrooms s and a bit too much chili lol! Reduced fat cheddar on top (HE A)

Snacks and Syns
Apple ss
Banana
Melon ss
Dark chocolate 5

Last edited:
Thursday 27th November
ORIGINAL

Breakfast
Melon ss

Lunch
Chicken pieces (again, but I got these on BOGOF!) and salad

Dinner
Beef casserole - lean beef, onion s, carrot s, leek s, tinned tomatoes , tomato puree
Small jacket potato (HE B)

Snacks and Syns
2 mini baby bel (HE A)
Banana
Melon ss
Satsuma s
Dark chocolate 5
Leftover chili from last night (kidney beans HE B)

Last edited:
Friday - early WI result.

Off to London this morning so I've weighed in just now. 1lb off! Not immensely chuffed but it's still a lb so I'm pleased with that. One more bauble on the tree!

Have a good weekend everyone...hope you stay on plan and in your syns and if you don't, well don't worry! :)

I'm not going to write down everything I ate and drank over the weekend! :cry:
I generally ate okay - Friday I drove down and took boiled eggs, chicken, fruit and diet coke with me for the journey. Had a chinese for dinner but chose chicken and mushrooms in oyster sauce, not tooooo bad and hadn't had any syns all day so ok.
Saturday was harder, seeing as I was staying with my fitness freak friend who runs marathons and can eat anything. Had fruit and fibre for brekkie and lunch was ok but not brill - a falafel wrap thingy. Mega syns probably. Saturday night was the party and I had a reasonable amout of wine and a few nibbles, but acutally not that bad. Sunday went a bit nuts and had a burger on the journey back!!! Added to the bagel for breakfast and a couple of mince pies at the in-laws, Sunday was NOT a good day.
Back on track today though. Having a couple of glasses of wine as my syns today - it's my first day back at work for over 3 weeks so I think I deserve it! :p
Will start diary-doing again tomorrow.

H x

3rd December 2008
GREEN

Breakfast
Banana
Very low fat natural yoghurt

Lunch
Pasta bake with tuna (HE B) and reduced fat cheese (HE A), mushrooms, pepper s, onion s and tomatoes s with salad s and cherry tomatoes s.

Dinner
Hot pot supper at Moorhouses Brewery! Lancashire hotpot made with lamb (taken as HE B but not sure of quantity) and potatoes. Allowing syns for unknown ingredients!

Snacks
Clementines s

Well, guess what? I haven't been terrifically on plan the last few days! :sigh:

I had a lovely girly weekend away and made mostly sensible food choices (if you count brown bread icecream as a HE and ignore the chocolate fudge brownie with bourbon ice cream, and hotel breakfasts!)

But I've only gained 1lb, so I'm not too unhappy with that and I've had a marvellous weekend. Back on track today with no excuse for going off plan this week (until the weekend anyway) so I'm having red this week until my friends come up at the weekend and then I know I'll syn on wine mostly! lol!

Today I am eating:

Breakfast
Grapefruit ss

Lunch
chicken tikka pieces with salad
Vanilla muller light

Dinner
Chicken breast stuffed with extra light cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, with roast veg
Meringue 3 with forest fruits and vlf natural yoghurt

Snacks
Apple
Clementines

Last edited:
Sounds good Hun; and with the Chicken and Grapefruit being SS, you will shift that 1lb in no time at all!

Thanks! Ah, you're lovely. I hope so. Grapefruit is my miracle weight loss food actually. It really helps me out. If I can have that for brekkie all week I should be well on my way. Will sneak a few other super foods in there too and get a bit of exercise.

Back