Hello, a few q's from a potential Lioptrimer!

sparkysparkle

Hi,

There are a few things I wanted to ask from people who have actually done Lipotrim :)

1. The bad breath.... how do you combat it? I'm a student and can't even begin to imagine how I would cope at uni stinking! :)

2. Sagging skin? Does dropping pounds so quickly make it worse than it would if I did it slowly? I'm not unrealistic, I've got a huge belly and had children, so I know I wont have a washboard stomach, but minimal sag would be good, being a student I can't afford a tummy tuck just yet!

3. Are paracetamol ok for any headaches? I think I will get withdrawal from carbs and caffine. I can't drink tea without milk, so it will be a caffine free period for me!

4. How did your families cope? My oh isn't keen and I don't know how the kids will take me not eating with them at the table.

5. I have PCOS, have any other sufferers had good results for weight on this?

6. Is there anything I can do to prepare, like they advise for CD? I.e cutting down on carbs and calories a week before?

And finally, does the increase of water and cutting out of junk make you come out in spots? My skin has gone mental over the past few weeks, will it get worse?

Thank you for taking the time to read :) Hoping to start next week... I've got 5 stone to get rid of, fingers crossed I will find the willpower and be down to a healthy size by the end of June in time for summer :)

sparkysparkle said:
Hi,

There are a few things I wanted to ask from people who have actually done Lipotrim :)

1. The bad breath.... how do you combat it? I'm a student and can't even begin to imagine how I would cope at uni stinking! :)

2. Sagging skin? Does dropping pounds so quickly make it worse than it would if I did it slowly? I'm not unrealistic, I've got a huge belly and had children, so I know I wont have a washboard stomach, but minimal sag would be good, being a student I can't afford a tummy tuck just yet!

3. Are paracetamol ok for any headaches? I think I will get withdrawal from carbs and caffine. I can't drink tea without milk, so it will be a caffine free period for me!

4. How did your families cope? My oh isn't keen and I don't know how the kids will take me not eating with them at the table.

6. Is there anything I can do to prepare, like they advise for CD? I.e cutting down on carbs and calories a week before?

And finally, does the increase of water and cutting out of junk make you come out in spots? My skin has gone mental over the past few weeks, will it get worse?

Thank you for taking the time to read :) Hoping to start next week... I've got 5 stone to get rid of, fingers crossed I will find the willpower and be down to a healthy size by the end of June in time for summer :)[/QUOTE

hello!
Breath! Yes it can be bad, drink lots of water to help, clean ya teeth often, get an approved mouthwash and lastly u can get breath strips from chemist... They are like eating toothpaste. Bleugh! It's a small price to pay!

Skin! I think that it all sorts itself out as u lose for the majority with some tweaking and toning along the way and when u get to goal. Sensible exercise n toning can help but can be done at the time or after from my experience and what I was told...

Headaches! Yes u will prob get them for a few days. Parac is fine. Ibuprofen is a no-no etc.. drink lots and take it easy getting yaseld on plan! U will be fine!

Family.wise it can be tricky. I have young kids and we always eat together.. try and distract yaelf.. partner finds it hard me not joining in but support from family is key and much easier!

PCOS! seen a few posts where people have improved symptoms and even become super fertile on this diet so be careful! Pharmacy will advise properly and u can also ask gp if u unsure. Don't have much info ob that sorry!

Prep is best! Cut.down on ya carbs to get in easier... Ensure u have.nothing to slip u up. Get ga water in the fridge, plan easy meals for family while u get on plan and remove all temptation. Remember to measure yourself too on top of weight! :)

U can get spots as part of detox. I did once and then didn't the next time so I gues it.varies. after a week or 2 tour skin could be amazing! Much nicer when not full of choc in my belly etc ;)

Think that's about it... Just set a goal, fo easy and one day at a time and u will be.fine I am sure :)
Good luck!x

Hi,

If you drink your water throughout the day instead of all at once. The bad breath does not normally last past the first week and at best it is only very slight. Make sure you keep up a good oral hygiene routine by flossing as the shakes do get in between your teeth. You can use a mouth wash like Oraldene or Listerine and now you can get Listerine strips from your chemist which dissolve on your tongue...sometimes the chemist might give you a sample of the Listerine strips free.

Not necessarily...I have gained and lost 7 stone a couple of times now over the years and my skin is fine...Lipotrim has adequate protein to help protect the skin along with vitamins and minerals and you can take some measures yourself like keeping your skin well moisturised by massaging with your favourite body moisturiser after a shower. Massage and body brushing keep your skin in good condition and light exercise and walking also help to tone and I find it is very important to wear a well fitting bra as you lose weight...However I have my fingers crossed that I will get away with it again as it is something we all worry about but I know it is better to be slim.

Lipotrim recommend that you take your usual painkillers for headaches but it will help if you could cut down on caffeine gradually before this along with high carbs as this helps.

My family are all adults so this is not a problem for me.

Lipotrim gives very good result for those who have PCOS or find it hard to shift weight through ordinary diets.

Definitely cutting down on high carbs and caffeine will make the transition into ketosis easier and quicker once you start the diet.

Some people do find that they break out in spots in the first week or so...I am one of them, especially if I have been eating rubbish before hand but it soon clears up and the skin glows.

Thank you for taking the time to read :) Hoping to start next week... I've got 5 stone to get rid of, fingers crossed I will find the willpower and be down to a healthy size by the end of June in time for summer :)

I am sure if you stick with it you will have your 5 stone off by then...here is to a slim summer for all of us:)

So you can't chew chewing gum?

Official word is no! ;) x

Depending on how strict u wanna be u can't even use most branded mouthwashes and some toothpastes! .... I think u are best finding ya own way and see how hard u want it to be... It's as easy or hard as u make it when it comes to smaller issues. I am not suggesting bigmacs etc but gum has not done me any harm on losses! Some agree, some don't... ;) decision is yours.. u can get special gum etc online that are for ketosis diets etc x

what toothpastes and mouthwashes am i supposed to use??

my pharmacy assistant didn't tell me any of this :(

i want too do it as strict as possible as i want the best results!

I can't remember what I had in the early days sorry! I will have a look thru my stuff and let u know tmw if nobody else beats me to it! X

Thank you bubbles and mini :)

I'm hoping that the pharmacy will be open today... I'll give it a few good days of reducing caffine and carbs :)

Thank you again for taking the time to reply :)

Can I ask how much it is?

What sort of scales they use?

Do you have to ring and book first?

Do you have to go GP first?

Thankies, just found one in my town, well 2 in fact!

Lipotrim recommends as mouthwash Oraldene or plain Lesterine.

When you get your packs you should also get an information handout with all of the information you need, if they don't give it to you ask for it.

It is called Lipotrim - Pharmacy Programme

NOTES FOR PATIENTS A further explanation of the following issues is provided in the DVD/video which is part of your programme.

It also contains all the information you need about refeeding.

The DVD/video is normally given to you before you start and it explains how the diet works.

You can also watch it online on their site.

Welcome to the Lipotrim Website

Can I ask how much it is? The price seems to vary a lot in the UK from £27 to £36 ....see link below for discussion about how much members pay.

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-tfr-100/224673-how-much-do-you-pay-lipotrim.html

What sort of scales they use?

Mine just use an everyday bathroom scales to weigh...nothing fancy.

Do you have to ring and book first?

No...because the first thing they do is hand you a DVD/video to take home and have a look at to see if you are still willing to do it after you see what it involves and how strict it is.

Do you have to go GP first?

No...You fill out a questionnaire form and for example if you are on medication you might need to be under your doctors supervision if it is the kind that needs to be adjusted as you lose weight...

Not everyone is suitable for using a Total Food Replacement diet and some medication and medical conditions would rule out their use to lose weight.

You will be advised by the Pharmacist if you need to be under doctors supervision and also if you are suitable for doing TFR.

Thankies, just found one in my town, well 2 in fact!

Hope that helps:)

On the toothpaste issue, I got really worried about that (im a panicker!) and rand LT and they told me most toothpastes are fine but try not to swallow too much and dont buy any with hints of citrus etc, but I used colgate total and that was fine for me =D xxx

Thank you Brochmor

I started today, have to say, I'm not overly hungry, although the family dinner looks and smells soooooo yummy!

The shakes... well they taste rather blerugh! I hope they are an acquired taste or I wont last a week. they smelt just like slimfast, but taste like watery/ grainy fake shake lol My brain isn't working too well to think of a better word!

I tried the choc hot and it was terrible :( The moose too watery and the first choc of the day was okay to start with, but I had to sip it half way through fear of bringing it back up :(

It seems like such a massive amount of shake to drink!?!

I don't think they sell the flapjack at the pharmacy I went to, I was their first every LP customer, so new to them...

Back