Hello! Aaaaand... false thoughts for self motivation?!

LauraLoobs

Hello everyone!

My name's Laura, I'm 29, (is it just me or does this feel like AA?!) and I've been doing LL for 5 weeks now. I've been lurking on this site and on the LL forum, reading about people's experiences and journeys, so decided to get involved! The fact that I'm not out getting drunk on a bank holiday Friday is proof of how far I've come, but I am still not 100% there.

I have to admit, my main weakness has been alcohol, and I've slipped a couple of times. But I'm determined, and I've lost 24lb so far so I'm very happy! And just need to keep telling myself to keep going.
My question, however, is: do any of you find that you tell yourself things to make it easier? I don't really know how to explain it apart from giving examples.
So, My BMI at the moment is 30 (point something) and I know that my goal weight for a healthy BMI is 11st 7lb. But I feel like I keep making excuses for myself, for example:
- BMI is a load of rubbish anyway, all nutritionists and health professionals say so
- I think I'd look ridiculous as a size 10, so I'll stop when I'm size 12-14
- I need to lose another 2.5 stone by BMI rules but I think I'll be ok when I've lost 1.5st so I'll probably stop then
Can any of you relate to this, and can any of you offer any advice? I'd be really, really grateful!
Nice to meet you all :)
Laura x

Hi Luara and well done on your loss so far, amazing!! I think I try to focus on the here and now in terms of weight loss. I never had a 'goal' weight when I did it the first time around, but I just knew when I got there that I was where I wanted to be. I did get to a healthy BMI and to be told I was 'healthy' was actually a really emotional moment for me, I have never been so pleased to hear that term. I was a size 12 and that felt right to me and so I stopped. Sadly I am now back, trying to get back to 'healthy' again. You will know what that is when you get there, the energy I felt was amazing, I need that back instead of sitting life on the side lines.

Good luck x

Back