Hello all, new to this and on Xenical.

Hi,
I'm new to this site so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Lindsey, 32 year old Mum of an 8 month old boy and I live in currently snowy Nottingham. I've been overweight/obese for years now and in the past have tried a variety of diets. My most successful diet was weight watchers where I lost two stone but as with many people it crept back on. Don't think having a baby helped!!
I am so depressed about my weight so I went to the doctors last week to discuss the situation and he suggested I give Xenical a go. I've been on it now for 9 days and have lost 7lb's which I'm really chuffed with if not slightly suprised!! I have been really good with watching what I eat but, and I know this is probably going to sound daft, I'm not sure how well the pills are working, (see?!). I say this because I've not had any of the dreaded side effects so far and I thought even if I eat well, some fat has still got to come out hasn't it? Not even one orange poo!!! Was this the same for anyone else?
God, I go on don't I? Sorry:ashamed0005: and thanks for any replies in advance x

Hi Lindsey and welcome!
Ive been on xenical for 3 weeks now and only had a minimal amount of orange oil, I questioned this with my MAP nurse and she said the fat comes out in your regular bowel motion, so it is there.....somewhere!
You may want to join us on the "starting xenical and confused" thread. That where I post each day.
Good luck, and looking foward to hearing all about your journey!:D

Hi Lyndse, welcome to the forum :)

I started the tablets nearly 4 weeks ago and was worried if they are working at firts like you but I assure they are, you could eat a curry if you like and see ;)

Just stick to 15g's of fat per meal, exercise and fat free snacks and you will reap the rewards :)

Good Luck!

Back