Hello all!! Newbie here

OzLozz

Hello all,

pleased to meet you. I'm Lauren a 30 year old mum and full time yo-yo dieter. I tend to like the easy fix diets and buy into any gimmick that promises I will loose fat fast!

Hence why I'm still the same size and never seem to get to my target.

I was doing really well doing my own version of the 5:2 diet by sticking to 1200 calories each day and then intermittent fasting so that I would only eat between the hours of 2pm and 8pm.

I did this from late September last year weighing 13st, till around the beginning of December and I got to 11st 9lb. I was doing fabulous and no exercise at all. It was easy peasy.

Stupidly I took my foot off the accelerator and have been fighting to get under 12st ever since. I just can't seem to get my mojo back.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is that I cannot exercise. I have torn the cartilage in both my hips and each hip requires surgery. I've had one done and am currently on crutches. This means that I am at home all day long with nothing else to do but eat!!

I thought I would be clever and do Exante to get me back in the swing of things and I will hopefully keep doing the Intermittent Fasting (IF) as well.

So far I have ordered a the box of shakes and soups. I tried to start it the Monday after my surgery and lasted 4 days before caving in because I was feeling dizzy with lack of food and being on strong painkillers.

so I've started again and after a few days here and there I have worked out that I have enough Exante packs to last me 19 days. I didn't want to waste my money so instead I'm just going to do it for the remaining 19 days.

I started on Monday 29th April and am currently on day 4 with no cheating at all!!!

The only problem I have at the moment is that I feel rather bloated and haven't passed solids yet. Is that the norm?

Hi OzLozz welcome. It sounds like you have done an awesome job already, I wish you well in your journey.

Hi Sentinel,

Thanks for the post. Good luck to you too!

How much have you to loose and what's your target?

11.6kg (25.5 lbs) to lose by October, I just started but I have lost 30kg (66 lbs) about 5 years ago.

That's brilliant stuff! I think we are roughly aiming for the same sort of numbers. Best of luck beating it!

I just weighed myself and I'm finally back in the 11s! 11.13 that will do starting day 5 :)

Back