Hello am new

grumpbum

I am on day 2 today of ss, my motivation is losing weight for fertility treatment. :)

Just a quick question though apart from water and black tea what else can I have to drink, can I have coke zero?, Bovril? can you freeze the tetras to chew on them? Sorry for all the questions.

Thought I would say hello :D

hi grump bum(great name) good luck with CD.
Coke zero officially is no but some CD's say its ok some don't I think it affected some people's weight loss and made them feel hungry so i suppose it's a personal decsion you have to make. You can have boulion(sp) I think thats 1 cup a day you can buy it from CDc or I think there is another one from supermarkets but name escapes me. (sorry not much help am i)
tetras can be frozen tho :D

Beware as it might make you hungry. I know how difficult it is for some people to up their water intake so much. I would stick to tea/coffee and a cupe of bouillon a day, and try and drink as much water as possible. at least 4 pints. The name of the vege drink is marigold bouillon and its a vegetable stock which you can have as a drink one cup a day.

Hi Grumpbum, another idea for you is to make a shake sachet into a thickshake type thing by using some cold water and about 14 ice cubes and zapped in the food processor for a minute or two and it makes a nice big bowl of ice-cream/thickshake yum! I used a vanilla one and it worked really well.

good luck!

x

Hi - I'm new too. I'm going to be starting on SS tomorrow. Excited but nervous all at the same time!

Angie
x

Hello, good luck with it. I'm almost three weeks in and I love the shakes in the food processor with ice. I eat it with a spoon and it feels more like a meal then. I've tried that with the strawberry and chocolate shakes and it's yum! Also, the chocolate shake blended in a food processor with hot water makes a really frothy hot chocolate that tastes quite creamy. I've never had this type of success on any other diet so am hugely motivated at the moment. I managed to lose a stone in 2 weeks which is amazing!

Good luck with your journey.x

Back