Hello and advice please

letmeout

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I have lots of weight to lose-even more now than when I used to post on the Cambridge section of this forum several years ago! L lost a shed load of weight then but still was no where near a healthy weight and put it all back on and then some. I've faffed about since then but decided to get serious about weight loss a couple of months ago. I lost 13lbs calorie counting and then went on to Atkins. I am on day 17 and have lost not a single pound. Not an ounce even. I can honestly say I have followed the diet to a tee and have looked for sneaky carbs but found none. I think y body just objects to suddenly having loads of fat after having avoided it for 20 odd years. I've looked at Dukan and think it is so much healthier and so plan to start on Sunday. I'm just worried that the Attack phase won't be effective as I'm already following a high protein, low carb way of eating.
What do you think guys and do you have any tips for me?
Thanks in advance
xx

Dukan is higher carb, lower fat than Atkins and the switch might make all the difference. I don't see your current weight in your User CP but, even without a massive loss in attack, we do still lose weight in Cruise!

Can I presume you've read the book, or at least about the first couple of phases... It might be an idea to prepare menus, shopping list etc. in advance, clear cupboards of temptations, and your diary of any awkward invitations. Post some menus in advance so that we can advise. In general, try to avoid using pre-packaged meats etc (except in emergencies) which often have ingredients sent to try us. Rediscover cooking! We've loads of recipes in our recipe section.

Open a diary in the diary section. Tell us all about yourself. We're discreet and won't tell a soul ;)

Welcome!

hi letmeout and welcome. Since you're already on a high protein diet you might not get the massive loss that some people find on attack but I think it's definitely worth a go for you, and you should lose some since you'll be cutting out the fat. Looking forward to hearing how you get on :)

Thanks for the great advice folks. I've decided to go ahead and switch tomorrow. I have learned from Atkins that I like high protien eating, have really curbed my carb addiction and sweet tooth and have rediscovered the joy of cooking from scratch. I do have lots of questions about Dukan but will put in a different thread so they don't get lost.
I'll go figure how to start a diary for tomorrow

Back