Hello, another newbie here

Hooked

hi all

I have been looking at different plans for the past couple of days and finally decided to find the courage to post :)

I have decided to go with SnS and I am hoping to place my first order tonight. I am excited by all the different choices available but I am just wondering what others did to start with?

I want to commit to this fully so I was thinking of ordering 28 days worth. I also want to keep the costs down as low as possible as I am feeling a bit guilty spending this amount of money on myself when there is dh and two little ones to consider aswell.

Also, did you all cut down on certain foods before starting SnS? I am trying to think of a simple way to do this but I am vegetarian and more reliant on carbs since having my gallbladder out a couple of years ago as I cannot handle fats well now.

Lastly, I am so looking forward to getting started!

Welcome

I am new too, well one week in which was a spectacular fail and now getting through first day of offical start. I ordered 2 weeks to begin with and ordered a selection of everything and from there I will gague what I like and dont and place a 28 day order from there. Good luck and look forward to seeing your losses.

Hiya and welcome..before I started s&s I just cut down on the carbs, it helped..and I would'nt feel bad about ordering the packs...u would spend more on shopping for the month...I spent more on cakes and choc lol. Good luck with it.

thanks both.

I know I shouldn't feel bad as this will be less than Cambridge that I have done before and you are correct in saying that our food shopping bill should reduce as there will be no more chocolate, sweets and biscuits!

once the kids are in bed I am going to do my order and work out a reduced carb plan for the next couple of days.

hello and welcome,

i wish you all the luck with your weight loss journey, just stick with it when the first few days are tough it gets so much easier.

x

Just to say that it works out cheaper overall to buy the men's 5 per day products so 35 packs per week. You just need to work out how many packs you need (based or 3 or 4 packs per day). So if you're doing 3 packs a men's 5 per day pack will last you almost 12 days. You can just choose the exact products you want at checkout to get exactly what you want. And all the products are suitable for vegetarians, even the meat sounding ones.

Welcome :) I am on day 5 and loving it! Did 2 days of no carbs before hand which was a real help, I had a couple of Atkins shakes the day before. Not meal replacements but kept me full.
I've also been gall bladder-less for 6 months now, all is going well!
Good luck!

Hi and welcome, I cut my carbs for a few weeks before I started. I ordered 28 days straight away and don't regret it, am loving my weight loss and not feeling hungry at all! :)

You very rarely see people who don't like some if not most of the products! I originally got the sample pack, then a week plus extra spag bol, then a full month of the 5 a day which works out the cheapest. I also get Tesco bars which work out at 56.4p each at the moment! Not for everyday as higher carb/cal but a good substitute.

I would really recommend, wether you go for a week or a month, add on the samples which are 99p each. Then you can order the things you think you will really like and try the things you aren't sure of!

Oh and welcome, good luck!!

thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. I have now ordered :) I will be starting as soon as they arrive. I will be avoiding bad carbs for the next couple of days and increasing my water intake.

next on my to do list is to meal plan for the kids so I am not having to overthink evening mealtimes. While I'm in Tesco I might pick up some of their bars to try, thanks for the tip.

good to see I'm not the only gallbladder-less dieter here! I would have loved to have gone back low carbing but I just can't handle fat anymore since the op but at least I'm pain free!

Hiya I've not had a gall bladder for 16 years so u not alone

hi tomorrow is my weigh in day for the end of week 3!

have to say its great value for money x products are yummy and this support group is the best!

have lost 13lb in 2 weeks and hoping for at least 3lb tomorrow,

can honestly say its wonderful not being obsessed by food all the time and i dont feel hungry at all!

feel fab and loving SS x

goos luck to all newbies x

my best advice is keep busy the first few days and drink lots and lots of water x

you will be fine x

well if you do buy the mens 5 pack a day , months supply then the packs are 1.09 each but you have to consider postage of course

If you, then have like me 4 packs per day that equates to around £4.50 per day , add on 50p for the veg and you are spending about £5 per day on your total diet

Is that more or less than you would normally spend on food for yourself ?,

I know its hard to work out , because normally you would be making meals for all of you , but I find that now Im food shopping only for my son Im more careful about what im buying and im also more focused on giving him a good diet , which is a nice side effect.

I would say that I am spending more now , but Im doing this for my long term health and happiness and if im healthier and happier than that is a positive outcome for both me and my son

Hopefully he will learn good eating habits from me too , as I plan to continue eating healthily when I reach goal , as we all do , so dont feel guilty about spending the money , as what you are doing is investing in a healthier future

I sound like an advert lol I dont work for them honest :)

good luck with it

oh and i gave up smoking 2 years ago , so the money i would be spending on cigarettes is being spent on the products now

Hi and welcome, Im a newbie too , day 4 and loving it. Ive tried other VLCD's before with some success but this plan seems so far much easier to stick to long term , which I need to shift the weight !

Money wise Im not spending any more really as Im buying hubby and kids their food but im the one who likes all the fresh fish and more expensive stuff so cutting me out of the weekly shop has really helped.

Good luck xx

Hiya and welcome.

I have found the initial outlay for the items and other bits a little dearer than my monthly shop but tha tis possibly because i have stocked up on coke zero,bouillon etc and obvioulsy the cost for both me and my partner of the products.

But.... I will see a big difference as we won't spend what we already do on meals out and takeaways which is our big downfall.

So when we settle in to it and i buy the big 5 a day one months pack for us i should see it become cheaper.

We start tomorrow on the diet.

I have found though when we did SW it was costing a pure bomb!!! All the fresh veg, lean meat and fresh fish, fruit and mullerlights are so dear when not on offer!!! Then healthy snacks i was spending a lot lot more lol.

Best of luck to you :)

yes its not just the weekly / monthly shop is it , its all those extra bits you dont always count like you say , the odd takeaway , diner out , bar of choc , sandwiches on the go etc etc

Exactly Phoenix i think my OH spends quite a bit in a week on extra tasty bits to snack on when at work.

Or when you are out for the day shopping ,coffees afternoon treats etc....

Doesn't take long before you not only have a monthly shop--top up shop--takeaways--meals out---lunches out etc--coffee's..... it soon adds up( i have never fully worked out how much we spend) blimey i must save some money on this diet hehe

lets not forget the alcohol , not that i drink often but i think some people (cough cough naming no names) must be saving a fortune just on the plonk alone

Back