Hello everybody :)

Too Heavy Hannah

Hi I'm new to sw but not to the site, I lost 3stone on slim fast and have put most of it back on :eek: I need to learn to change how I see food and drinking milkshakes didn't do that!
I'm going to my first sw meeting tonight and want to get stuck in and shift this, i'm fed up with feeling like a weeble! :( can anyone please give me some tips on what food to get in today so I can start straight away tomorrow morning?

Hi and welcome, this site is great for food idea's recipies and general support I am new too and started a diary on here so others can comment in case i go wrong.. also helps me stay on track as i am doing this by myself... Honestly as long as the meat you get it lean, The fruit you buy is ripe and the Veg is plentyful, You'll not go wrong lol.. It's very easy once you get into it and you'll be amazed at to what you can have for free... anyway i'm rambling lol... good luck, have a read at the diary's and get an idea of what meals we make xx

Hello and welcome to minimins!

The plan that SW strongly endorse is the Extra Easy plan - so first stop I recommend that you read the sticky thread http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html on that before you go to group so you have an idea ahead of time what is being explained to you.

You will be given a book which details all the basics, like which foods are superfree (most fruit and non-starchy veg), which are free (lean meats, eggs, certain brands of fat-free yogurt, etc) and which are healthy extras.

You can choose one of each type of healthy extra (Hex A is dairy based, Hex B is fibre rich) per day - and must stick to the allowances on that, so if you use a lot of milk during the day, in tea coffee etc, you can have MORE skimmed milk than you can have semi-skimmed, so it might be worth getting that in.

Muller lite yogurts, though not cheap, are for the most part free, all the basic fruit flavour ones are, its the ones with extra bits in, like fruit compote, or soggy biscuit, that have syns in. They are a really useful thing to have in because they are substantial and can be substituted for milk on cereal.

You will also need to be aware that while doing extra easy, you need to have 1/3 of your plate filled with superfree foods. This basically means that you should have 1/3 fruit or veg at each meal time. So having some fruit to hand, and some fresh or frozen veg ready to accompany your meals is a good idea. A lot of fruit and veg is considered not only super free, but also speed or super speed, which means that they have low calories but are extra filling, so give maximum help to your losses. The booklet will tell you which ones are.

As a starting point, unless you are veggie, I would get some lean meat in, chicken always good, or beef, some salad and baking potatoes, muller lites, granulated sweetener if you normally use sugar in drinks or on cereal, fry lite spray (the gods of SW celebrated when they invented that stuff, let me tell you!), skimmed milk/semi if preferred, fruit of your choice (although go easy on the bananas, they are high in sugar and therefore calories, so dont class as a speed food), and some low syn treats such as highlights hot chocolate/options, curly wurlys, jumbo snack-a-jacks etc.

The website has a seven day menu planner for people to try out, but some of the recipes on that can require a lot of ingredients you might not have in, so dependant on your budget, i would just get a days worth of stuff for tomorrow and then make a weeks menu plan up and buy accordingly once you have been to the meeting.

Good luck!

Welcome to a world of being able to eat pretty much everything you want (or SW versions of it)!!! Good luck xxxxx

Hello! :welcome2:

Wishing you all the best on your SW journey and i really hope you enjoy your mettings! x

Thanks everyone :) feeling quite nervous about going! silly really cos everyone is there for the same reason! and thanks MadameLaMinx thats really helpful!

Back