Hello Everyone! (Goodbye 3'ish Stones!)

Bubblegum_87

Hi MiniMinsers!

I've been a 'lurker' around these parts for a while lol, thought it was about time I registered and popped in to say hello! :p I love reading all your success stories and the community here is so supportive, I'm glad to have found a forum with a such a friendly motivational bunch. Apologies in advance for the long post lol, feel free to skip to the bottom!

So I've had enough of being overweight, sick of the nasty comments and tired of living (and I use the term loosely) my life in this prison of a body. I've been overweight most of my life, and until recently I kind of resigned myself to the fact that I was probably going to be overweight all my life - I have tried dieting but could never really stick to it. I joined a gym but it was like I was just giving my money away as I rarely went, due to the fact that I was too embarrassed to be seen struggling to exercise (not helped by the fact I go beet red!). Then one day, out of sheer curiosity I decided to look up my BMI on the internet...no big deal, I already knew I was overweight...until the little graph showed me that I wasn't just overweight - according to the calculator, I had creeped into the obese category. :eek: Ignorance had told me that you had to be extremely overweight to be classed as obese, but at my weight and height I was already big enough, and unhealthy enough to be obese.:cry:I didn't want to be overweight, much less obese. Well, enough is enough, no more excuses, no more time wasted. I'm doing this. Last year I managed to lose 1 stone on my own, but then went on holiday. I'm glad to say that I've managed to maintain that 1 stone loss (and am now out of the obese category :happy036:) however my motivation dwindled and weightloss came to a halt. Now its time to get back on track. When I had started losing weight last year, I was 12 stones (at my heaviest I have been 12-1/2 stones). I started back on my weightloss journey last month at 11 stones and have not weighted myself yet as I tend to get disheartened when I don't see a loss. I will probably weigh in on Monday and hopefully see the scales move in the right direction!

My goal is to lose around 2.5 to 3 stones - anyone with similar goals? I'm currently just calorie counting and exercising at the moment. :)

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck with the weight loss.

Hi there, I'm new here too, just wanted to say good luck and keep up your motivation - a day at a time and small goals, that's what I'm hoping will keep me on track!

Thank you for the warm welcome! Good luck with your weightlosses too :)

Back