Hello everyone :)

AndyBoy

Hello everyone, my name is Andy. I am 18 and currently 4 stone overweight, I am 6'3 in height. I came to this website to seek some encouragement, as I've had a problem with my weight ever since I bought my first computer back in 2006. The reasons I want to lose weight are obviously for me, but also because a girl I've known on the internet for a long time is coming to visit me next summer, the doctor has said I need to lose 4.5 stone to be at a healthy weight for my height and build.

I also have an underactive thyroid and have just recently started my course of medication for the condition.

I guess my main question is - What is a good diet? because that is where I get let down the most, the food. Oh, is 4.5 stone by next summer possible? if I do about 2 miles of walking a day and stick to a good diet?

Thank you very much for any kind words :)

Andy x

hello and welcome.
i don't have advise for you,just would like to say that yes it's possible to lose the weight you want,if you follow a plan,
it's just finding the right one for you,
do you have any special dietry requirements ?

Hi and welcome. Are you going to eat healthily and exercise more or join a slimming club and follow their diet?

Make sure you write everything down.

Irene xx

I am unsure at the moment to be quite honest, my plan was to use my treadmill every day and substitute bad things for good things, like chips for some fruit...things like that. I may contact my GP and ask about getting a referral to a Dietician, what do you think?

yeah,i don't see why not.
while you're waiting for an appointment
check out the diet plans on here and see if ther's anything you fancy.
:)

Hey Andyboy just wanted to say a big :welcome: to minis and best of luck to you whatever diet you decide to do

Thanks for the reply folks! I just have one other question, how do you guys keep yourself motivated while going for your goals? as my willpower is quite shocking, but this time I'm extremely determined, as now I have a good reason to lose weight. :) Thanks.

Hi Andy,

Welcome aboard! :)

I'm going to recommend you give slimming world a go. It really is a wonderful healthy eating plan and is very easy to follow. It fits in well with normal every day activities and is something that the whole family can enjoy...so no separate meals necessary. I joined in Jan and have just got my 2 1/2 stone award tonight! So I'm now 1/2 way to my target weight.

This site is a marvellous way to obtain tips, recipes, advice etc and really helps me to stay motivated. My advice to you would be...

Have a really good nose around this site at all the different diets available and see if anything takes your fancy. Ask lots of questions...it might help you to make the right decision about what steps to take next
If you join a slimming club, try to stay to group every week rather than just getting weighed and leaving
Keep a diary of your daily food and also the way you are feeling, and post it on here. There are lots of experienced dieters here who would be happy to comment on it and offer advice
Dont set yourself too big a target...have lots of mini goals...it really makes a difference

Hope you find something to suit you, and very best wishes for a successful weight loss

Dawn x

Back