Hello everyone

sailor_Jack

Gonna be slim again
Hiya :D
My name is Jack, I started Exante on Boxing day.
I've been on here before, although on the Liprotrim forum back in 2008 and loved the support and banter. I lost my weight over 3 months, but since then ive had a steady return and it all has to go again :(
I have a question regarding the meal after the 4th week on TS..Is it a necessity? as i would find it very hard to start eating food again and then resume back on the shakes.

Anyway i look forward to sharing the success of us all losing the weight over the next 4 months (i hope) LOL

Welcome back :)

I believe it is a necessity, as it boosts your metabulism, and keeps the weightloss going, however so saying, I'm nervous about it too... have just finished my first week and feel full up enough now as it is...

OK, here we go.
I have recently completed 10 wks on LL, which is a very similar VLCD, there was NO meal week as such.
However week 13 was a week to add milk to your shakes instead of water, I think this was a similar idea to meal week.
I have had no probs not having a meal week.
Hope this helps and Good Luck All. :D

Thanks Stapo, that's good to know :)

Thanks guys
I can understand the need to reboot the old metabolism thingy mijig, but just a bit wary after only 4 weeks. With Cambridge its after 12 weeks and when i was on Liprotrim it was never mentioned. However just like Wannabeme its a little scary and i dont want the extra temptation as i feel full too.
Oh well i shall see how i go on week 4 :)

I read that it is because with Exante you are not monitored by a GP/consultant and if they advertised it like LL when you do not add a meal you would have to be monitored due to regulations. Sorry dont even know if that makes sense?

I'm thinking I might leave aam week out until weightloss slows right down and then do it to boost losses again...

But I'm also planning to step up the exercise gradually to boost losses too...

Sounds like a good idea...Would Fat burning tablets also aid this diet do you reckon? as they also boost energy so ive heard.

Hi Jack, welcome to the exante forum. I'm about to restart exante following my week break over Christmas (I have been very bad..) As far as the AAM week goes, I would recommend it. I have been pretty much disciplined when on exante TS but have found that eventually, even with exercise my metabolism slows to a crawl, I get very cold and my temperature even drops to the slow side of normal and weight loss stalls but after a day or two of eating it seems to boost the weight loss again. I think the difficult thing is that when you get so used to not eating there is the temptation to go mad when you feel you have 'broken' the rules...I intend to follow the rules in January and add in a low carb meal on AAM week to try to educate myself as I feel that even though I have lost weight I have not learned to eat sensibily so that will be part of my goal..Good luck and happy new year!

exante recommend the AAM week , and I cannot say NOT to as that would be breaking the 'plan' .. but I know a lot of people dont do it and wait until their losses slow to give it that boost ..totally your decision ... as for the fat burning tablets ...on exante you wont be having any fat so there really is no need for them at all :D

determinator said:
exante recommend the AAM week , and I cannot say NOT to as that would be breaking the 'plan' .. but I know a lot of people dont do it and wait until their losses slow to give it that boost ..totally your decision ... as for the fat burning tablets ...on exante you wont be having any fat so there really is no need for them at all :D

I don't have a break but that's my personal choice not a recommendation x

Back