Hello Everyone!

nattycat

Hi All,

I hope i'm okay to post in here - i thought i'd finally post since i have been lurking the boards for a while trying to decide if S&S is for me.
I've been amazed by the camaraderie on here and the support everyone gives each other.

A little about me: I'm 23, A graphic designer - I live with my partner, our dog and a hedgehog in Sheffield.
I've been overweight for as long as I can remember - I don't have a good track record with dieting - you name it, i've done it.
I managed to lose just over 2 stone using Orlistat, but unfortunately I was suffering badly with what has been classed now as 'IBS'
My doctor has advised me against a VLCD as she doesn't 'believe' in them. But i'm really excited to give this a go,
I know getting through the 1st week will be like nailing jelly to a wall but i'm excited. Once I get over this hurdle I can see the light at the end
of the tunnel.
My family are less than supportive of this but the 1st ones to use the 'F' word when choosing an insult.

Any tips you can supply a newbie with, or anyone who wants a general chit chat I would really appreciate it.
:)
Thanks in advance!
Oh and P.S. I haven't ordered my 28 day supply yet - but I cannot wait to!!
Do you all use the mixer bottle and the water flavourings?

hi nattycat and welcome to the forum i love this "I know getting through the 1st week will be like nailing jelly to a wall" you'll find everyone on here are really suportive and theres always someone to talk to. i use a smoothe to go to make my shakes but alot of people use the shakers ive got one with the ball in for when i'm out and about. good luck on your journey xx

Hello and welcome.
I use a coffee frother to mix my shakes.

Thank you for the warm welcome :)
I'm keeping this journey under wraps from my family - the only thing that scares me is Christmas looming!!
Hoping to become a regular poster :)

If you start now you can plan your 12 week break for christmas :) good luck with your journey & welcome!!

As I've mentioned in other posts, set yourself mini goals they are easier to aim for then seeking the finish line & definately do your measurements they can boost you when the scales dont go your way as well as you'd like :)

Hi Nattcat, im re-starting next Monday ive just ordered my weeks supply! i too am keeping it from the family just till ive done about a week or so and feel that im strong enough to succeed and follow it through! otherwise it will be another failed diet attempt :( good luck! x

Hi Nattcat, im re-starting next Monday ive just ordered my weeks supply! i too am keeping it from the family just till ive done about a week or so and feel that im strong enough to succeed and follow it through! otherwise it will be another failed diet attempt :( good luck! x

My problem is that my mum gives me chocolate in one hand and an insult about my weight in the other! My brother has recently started a diet which involves Protein shakes, a small chicken salad, a shake and then a 'flapjack' which has cost him a bleedin' fortune from his 'fitness coach' - she's convinced i should be doing that, when i mentioned S&S she said it was a waste of money! some people are never pleased eh!

My 1st Goal is to button my coat back up :)

Thanks for all the kind words so far, I feel like i could get into the right mind frame round here!

I use a kenwood smoothie make to mix mine at home... With at least a pint of water and lots of ice :) at work I use a shaker I got from boots... Good luck! :)

Hi and welcome!

I use a shaker bottle most days however if I am feeling less lazy ill use the blender. As for the water flavorings I just put a tsp of it into pint of water and stir, there a little bits of sediment at the bottom but its fine.

My advice is to use up your veg allowance each day if you like veg ofc :p as I found that they make you feel like you are eating more of a normal meal and its a great way add more variety to your packs/protein. I started without using it but now I have 200g everyday. And I always have the milk too.

Wishing you all the best with S&S :)

Hope to see you around on here!

Ahh you are all super welcoming, thank you so much :)
Do i still get the veg even on the 4 packs a day? As much as I seem to read, my brain doesn't seem to sink it all in hehe
Looking forwards to making some friends around here, god knows i could do with speaking to people in the same situation!
My other half moans that he's overweight and then raids the biscuit tin! I need to stop this cycle :)

I have to say also - wow you have all done amazing looking at your trackers!!
I would like to get down into Double KG's again! So i'm looking to loose a lot of weight :) Fingers crossed!

I've started preparing (if you can even do that) by upping my water intake and starting the day with porridge w/water etc
Is this wise?

Getting used to water (if you dont really drink it already) beforehand can only be a good thing, & cutting carbs & sugar down the week before you start also helps, especially with the carb withdrawal headache in the first few days.

You can have 200g of veg a day on both plans (I do 4 pks a day plus veg) & you get 150ml of skimmed milk a day, either mixed in certain packs or with tea/coffee too :)

Hi there, i love it at the beginning its soo exciting! Ive tried all sorts of VLCD and i must say this one is the best. I have 4 acks a day and also have the milk and veg allowance. I dont think i wouldve made it to now (still only day 11) without it...
I dont feel that much deprived to be fare, not like i did with CWP anyway!
I tend to keep it to myself now about being on a shake diet because everyone always has to get their 10pence worth in... why do it youll only put the weight back on again blablabla... go away!!! if i thought there was any other way to lose weight dont u think i would do it!
Once the weights off theyll soon be asking whats that diet you were on, you look great!!

Support on here is amazing! any problems just holla! xx

Hi Ive just ordered my first months supply being delivered tomorrow but going to start on Monday....ive also been a lurker on here and am going to try to keep quiet what im doing
good luck x

Hi Nattycat and welcome i have only just started on day 4 so if you need any support or just a chat drop me a line, i find this forum SO helpful it has saved me many a times.
I loved your description about the first week, i won,t lie it is really tough but you do feel the benefits very quickly so that helps.
As the other say use your veg allowance and milk it really helps , i have done VLCD that were all shakes etc no milk or protein. and they were so hard too stick too,
I do tend too have chicken or eggs as a meal so i get some food whch your allowed in replace of a meal pack.
It will take abit of getting use too but after the 1st week your be fine
Good Luck xxx

Welcome! Not having support from your family will be hard, but you need to be strong. After the first 3 or 4 days, your not really hungry so being strong isn't an issue as long as you can get your head sorted.

I use a shaker at work, it was 99p from sports direct. At home I use a hand blender and a jug, either way, really easy!

Thanks everyone :) going to start on Tuesday or wednesday (when i get my package!) Im so excited i just want to start now!! I bought a few tops the other day online, they just look crap but i know in a few weeks they will look fab :) im going to post some photos of my journey as i go - id love it if any of you wanted to join me :) i have lots enthusiasm to dole out this time round!

Hi, I'm just starting too- on day 3 today. Going better than I expected since I am surrounded by weekend eaters (crisps, biscuits, hot dogs.....ggggrrrrr!!). Didn't have my first shake till 10 which I think really helped.

I'm not telling anyone (except husband) either...partly because I know they'll disapprove and partly because if people don't know you're dieting it is more believable when they comment on your weight loss.

Anyway, so far s&s is great for me. I swear my jeans feel looser today!! Here's to big success all round- I'm sure you'll love it too.

Good luck!

Ooh weekend eaters! The worst! I've got to go see my family and small nieces tomorrow (which means nibbles all round eek!) and also a good friend is moving back to Scotland on Monday - so i'm going to a farewell meal - which ironically will also be my own personal farewell meal!

A little question - do you prefer the shaker with the mesh or the whisking ball thingamajig inside?

I find that everyone has something to say when your dieting - "you're fine how you are", "life's too short to diet" - personal favourite by my size 6 friend!

I'll just be relishing the moment when my clothes are loose!

I haven't got a shaker. At the moment I'm just using a spoon!!! I'm not anti- lump though- nice to have something to chew on!!!lol. Think I'll buy one with my next order though. Had a look on eBay and were coming up at around ten pounds so the one on sns seems reasonable.

Good luck with tomorrow's snacks! X

I got my shaker from boots... From the tony ferguson range, was about £2.60 and been using it for 3 months with no issues..

Back