Hello Everyone!

Sounds like your doing ace so far. Oof I find the meals with veg leave me too stuffed!!

Funny how things change LOL

I only managed 3 packs today! I tried to get to number 4 but i just couldn't face it, having a cuppa instead as i don't like to eat before bed, looking at your ticker you have done SO well!
Everyone on here is an inspiration :)

I just had to come here to rant.
OH is sat across from me, eating some sweet cinnamon bread he's cooked, he's heavier than me and supposed to be eating right, totally un supportive!!
I know i'm just un necessarily mad but why suddenly do people change their habits when you're dieting? He's never bloody bothered cooking bread before!
Urgh!
Just like eating burgers covered in cheese for tea and still asking for a taste of mine.
I'd never dream of doing something so mean if he was cutting things out!

That is very annoying

I pretty much had a chat with oh ay the start and said kids would have to do tea and he would have to not have bread etc until I was into the flow

Have a chat, really helps if the person your living with is on board :))

Xx

Oh my god i just weighed in, -11lbs! Im sooo happy :) 1st goal achieved :)

That's blokes for you! Mind you, my mum is the same, as soon as she knows I'm on a plan, she'll offer cakes, biscuits, sweets when I go round to see her, so I've just not told her this time. My OH is a funny eater, so whatever I've eaten I've always done him something different - usually pizza! In that respect I've got used to him having the bad stuff while I sit there with a salad, so it's not so bad this time round.
I wonder sometimes if their insecurities come out a bit when they see their OH's doing something they know they should, but they don't know where to begin, and thinking about how you are going to look in the future, kind of turns a blokes comfortable life upside down - so they do the only thing they can, like pulling your pigtails in the playground to get your attention. If he's asking to try your's too, could that be his blokey way of asking if it's alright if he can join you?

PS - you just cross posted your weight loss - excellent first week - makes it all worthwhile, keep on doing it :)

nattycat said:
Oh my god i just weighed in, -11lbs! Im sooo happy :) 1st goal achieved :)

Wowww congratulations that's amazing, well happy for u bet u want to stick to it now and see next week losses xxx

Amazing weight loss well done

That's blokes for you! Mind you, my mum is the same, as soon as she knows I'm on a plan, she'll offer cakes, biscuits, sweets when I go round to see her, so I've just not told her this time. My OH is a funny eater, so whatever I've eaten I've always done him something different - usually pizza! In that respect I've got used to him having the bad stuff while I sit there with a salad, so it's not so bad this time round.
I wonder sometimes if their insecurities come out a bit when they see their OH's doing something they know they should, but they don't know where to begin, and thinking about how you are going to look in the future, kind of turns a blokes comfortable life upside down - so they do the only thing they can, like pulling your pigtails in the playground to get your attention. If he's asking to try your's too, could that be his blokey way of asking if it's alright if he can join you?

PS - you just cross posted your weight loss - excellent first week - makes it all worthwhile, keep on doing it :)

Thanks hun :) I told him he had to stop, if he must eat things, at least do it at work - i wouldn't rub it in his face, he understands and also, he's decided he's going to start implementing parts of the diet, he works with a guy who has protein meal replacement bars and is a gym buff, so i think he's going to go all manly on it (i think he sees the s&s diet as a girl thing!) But he was very impressed with my loss! Super happy :)

Amazing weight loss well done

Wowww congratulations that's amazing, well happy for u bet u want to stick to it now and see next week losses xxx

Thank you both!! I can't believe it, i was thinking maybe 4-5lbs tops! I've not changed weight for sooo long, i'm a little excited to go back to the dr and saying ner ner nerner ner because she said it wouldnt work! Hope you are all well too!

nattycat said:
Thank you both!! I can't believe it, i was thinking maybe 4-5lbs tops! I've not changed weight for sooo long, i'm a little excited to go back to the dr and saying ner ner nerner ner because she said it wouldnt work! Hope you are all well too!

Are you doing the 3 pack or 4 sorry to ask am trying to work out which is best for me :)

I'm doing the 4 packs a day, with my veg allowance :)

I didn't want to test temptation by preparing my own final meal!

How are you doing? x

nattycat said:
I'm doing the 4 packs a day, with my veg allowance :)

I didn't want to test temptation by preparing my own final meal!

How are you doing? x

Aww I see lol, we'll I havnt started I was lurking around to see how it works ect as iv done the Cambridge diet before then after putting all the weight back on I tried so many times to restart but it was sooo hard, with slim and save it might be a bit easier as u get veg allowance and 4 packs as to 3 on the Cambridge. I really really want to start now looking at everyone's losses loll.

How's 2 nd week going for u?

Aww I see lol, we'll I havnt started I was lurking around to see how it works ect as iv done the Cambridge diet before then after putting all the weight back on I tried so many times to restart but it was sooo hard, with slim and save it might be a bit easier as u get veg allowance and 4 packs as to 3 on the Cambridge. I really really want to start now looking at everyone's losses loll.

How's 2 nd week going for u?

2nd week is going good so far! My dad didn't believe i'd lost anything (he's a huge diet pessimist!) My mum asked me what i wanted for christmas today and i said grapes, i could eat loads!! It's funny what my body is craving, (definitely not pregnant!) Avocados, prawns, grapes & ham. I'm sure it's better than day 1's pizza craving though!
If you're thinking of doing it, i'd go for it! I only discovered it the week before i started! xx

I also had to comment & say - the porridge is rank! I had to eat it while downing water - deffo going to try making a cookie out of it instead!!

*pointless post*
I just found out we can have gherkins. Oh my god.
I freakin love gherkins!!

HAhaha ur dad sounds like my whole family, wen I did Cambridge I could not believe how much I appreciated food any kind of food even fish!! An I don't even like fish loll

Sas101 said:
HAhaha ur dad sounds like my whole family, wen I did Cambridge I could not believe how much I appreciated food any kind of food even fish!! An I don't even like fish loll

My whole family are terrible!! Theyve been telling me im fat for years, but its always made me shrug it off!
Ive found my motivation this time is taking pictures in my undercrackers, ee gads, i look very different in the mirror than through a lense and its a really good kick up the arse! Are you excited to start? Xx

nattycat said:
My whole family are terrible!! Theyve been telling me im fat for years, but its always made me shrug it off!
Ive found my motivation this time is taking pictures in my undercrackers, ee gads, i look very different in the mirror than through a lense and its a really good kick up the arse! Are you excited to start? Xx

The word FAT is horrible loll I remember the older aunties would say" your fat lose weight it doesn't look nice on you" in front of everyone!! Urghhh hate family gatherings only cuz I have to hear that crap.

I think i will be taking pictures as well to motivate me, how do you take ur pics does ur other half take them?

I am soo excited to start, will be doing the 4 pack ! Bit scared though I seen some threads where some people would lose 2 pounds to 2.5 and that's wot I used to lose while on weight watchers? How's your few days been has it been on ur mind or have u got used to the diet now? Xxx

Try doing the porridge with more water than it says, it's entirely different :) And families - with you on that one, what it is about families that they think it's ok to be darn rude just because you are related, I'm sure they wouldn't talk like that to their friends! On the plus side though, we have an annual gathering a couple of weeks before Christmas to do the gift exchange and I'm REALLY looking forward to this years cause I will be getting a lot of positive comments (until I tell them how I did it lol)

Back