Hello everyone!

Hello I'm Nat, I'm 24 years old Secondary school teacher from the UK. As of tomorrow (sounds daft but I need an asda shop in it made sense at the time!) I am going to change my life!
I'm an Ex Judo player and since stopping and discovering alcohol and university at 18 I piled and piled on the pounds :( I wanna get health again and get back into it but my size at the moment makes it difficult not just for judo but my self confidence (that and my boyfriend is probs getting sick of my whining on and not doing anything!)

Being a teacher there is not alot of time in the day but I know this is not an excuse so I have joined weight watchers online as it's perfect for the working lifestyle I have. (I am starting excuses already?!) I also bought a pair of scales! (posh pair from house of fraiser because I had a voucher!) So the game is on! looking forward to the new me for 2013 and for joining into the community here at minimins!

Hello! Good luck!

I am the queen of excuses. Funny, when I was 18 I used to look at ladies I worked with etc and think how drab I'll never be like that! Now I WANT I be like that----losing weight and focus on what I'm eating. It's so hard but I do think this site will help us?!?

I'm a nurse, I used to work shifts. Now I'm 9-5. I thought great I'll lose weight during regular house. Turns out I've just piled it on as its more static. Great........but I get where your coming from with te 'lifestyle' thing. I've shoosen slimming world. Mainly because I have the books at home and I like the magazines. I don't know much about weight watchers!! But wishing you lots and lots of luck.

Are you attending meetings or going at it alone??!

Sam. X

Good luck hun :) xx

Oh man Same I know what you mean! I had a go at slimming world ages ago and I was really tempted to go again as it was good but thought I would try something different and with their online version seemed a good idea for me. I think I'm gonna try and get to meetings but if not I'm going to have go it alone :S see how well I do but I kinda do good under pressure at the meetings haha.

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome! Diet has started good. Found that weight watchers do these marshmellow waffers and they are amazing! 1 point each to bonus!

Nat

Hi,

I do WW online from home and can't fault it. I find that attending meetings piles on pressure and i crack the day before. At home, i have managed to stick to the diet and until i fell pregnant had lost 20lbs in around 8 weeks. Now i have had my baby, i'm restarting. I too make so many excuses but at the end of each day, i upset myself as i know that making that excuse was a waste of time and the only person losing out is myself.

There is alot of support of this site including recipe ideas which i have found to be so helpful plus no one will judge you for the decisions you make and instead, offer advice. There's always someone available to chat to. Good luck!! :)

Back