Step 1 Sole Source Hello everyone

Rolo2018

I am from Newcastle, married to an amazing man who loves to treat me with food! I have two boys aged 19 and 12 who I am extremely proud of, I have a very cute Labrador too!

I am on day 9 off step 1 on Cambridge, I have started on the very low calorie shakes on 3 shakes a day and in my 1st week I lost 9 lbs so am absolutely over the moon and loving this plan.

Since I started I have also joined a gym, don’t worry though I am only doing a small amount of exercise as I have literally just started this week and my consultant knows and we have decided if I need to move steps I will but we will monitor it each week.

Since February I have been suffering from back pain which after an mri scan my physiotherapist basically told me was down to my age and weight, never really thought I would be told that at 44! but to be honest was probably what I needed to stop me getting bigger.

So I have physio once a week and my aim is to lose as much weight as I can and get fit and hopefully strengthen my back in the process. I work term time only so I have lots of time to focus on me at the moment.

So I am here and I have already had some fantastic advice and chats with a few members and one lovely lady suggested I have my own thread so here it is.

let me know how you are all getting on and all advice is welcome!

Thanks R x

Welcome! I'm sure some of the CD-ers will be along in a while. Congratulations on getting started and welcome to minimins.

Welcome! I'm sure some of the CD-ers will be along in a while. Congratulations on getting started and welcome to minimins.

Hi,

Thank you for your message! Yes hoping to hear from anyone on Cambridge who can tell me about their journey and offer any tips for mine.

X

Hi Rolo!

Just popping by to say hello, good luck on your journey :) I'm also on Cambridge, was on it for 7 weeks before Mexico, now back on it and tonight will be my 4th weigh in. Definitely felt more focused the first time, but slowly getting the head sorted back into the zone. How are you finding just shakes? xx

Morning! Sorry didn’t get back yesterday ended up having to change plans. How goes day. Have a good one x

Hi Rolo!

Just popping by to say hello, good luck on your journey :) I'm also on Cambridge, was on it for 7 weeks before Mexico, now back on it and tonight will be my 4th weigh in. Definitely felt more focused the first time, but slowly getting the head sorted back into the zone. How are you finding just shakes? xx

Hi,

Sorry for delay in replying I haven’t been getting notifications for some reason.

Mexico you lucky girl I would love to go there!

Was it hard going back on to Cambridge after your holiday?

I am doing really well on 3 shakes a day but I am slowly increasing my exercise so think I need to swop to the 200 calorie shakes soon.

How much did you lose in the 7 weeks before your holiday?

X

You got this Rolo :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin: Lovely to read more about you and well done so far! Excited to follow your journey! Xxx

Aww thank you so much for your message!

I definitely need to work out why I am not getting the notifications!

Day 11 and I can’t believe how well it is going, I feel really good and focused!

How is your week going?

X

Morning! Sorry didn’t get back yesterday ended up having to change plans. How goes day. Have a good one x

Hello you!

Hope you are ok? Have you had a good couple of days?

Yes I am good thanks had physio at the gym this morning then a shopping trip this afternoon with my friend just looking not buying at the moment though but was 3 hours of free exercise walking around so enjoyed it.

Think I am going to change to the 200 calorie shakes think as I am getting more active I need a little bit more.

I might text my consultant I haven’t heard from her since Monday when I got weighed and I was only there about 10 minutes.
I thought she would be in touch more really especially in the first few weeks but maybe I should take it as a compliment that she thinks I am doing well.

X

My councillor see me for about 30 mins a week and txt s through the week, this works for me. You’re pay a good bit extra than you could with say exante for the benefit of having a councillor so make sure you get your dues. Any questions you just ask her. If she isn’t up to scratch if there is others in your area consider changing. I had to do that when I first started and it was one of the best decisions.
You want to discuss your options and I think that is her bloody job. That’s a good bit of extra your doing just be careful you don’t run out of steam it’s not fun when your going along one minute and the next you hit a brick wall of tiredness.

All good here half way through the last week of sole source and then I get to see what I’ve lost, quite excited. Has a step 2 meal this week, I hadn’t realised you could have tomatoes such joy😛 I almost was tempted to go on a tomato bender, but I reigned in right in and may of had 88g instead of the designated 80g😁🤫
Jx

My councillor see me for about 30 mins a week and txt s through the week, this works for me. You’re pay a good bit extra than you could with say exante for the benefit of having a councillor so make sure you get your dues. Any questions you just ask her. If she isn’t up to scratch if there is others in your area consider changing. I had to do that when I first started and it was one of the best decisions.
You want to discuss your options and I think that is her bloody job. That’s a good bit of extra your doing just be careful you don’t run out of steam it’s not fun when your going along one minute and the next you hit a brick wall of tiredness.

All good here half way through the last week of sole source and then I get to see what I’ve lost, quite excited. Has a step 2 meal this week, I hadn’t realised you could have tomatoes such joy😛 I almost was tempted to go on a tomato bender, but I reigned in right in and may of had 88g instead of the designated 80g😁🤫
Jx

Yeah I must admit I expected more support from her. I got one text in my first week day 3 I think but absolutely nothing this week.

I picked her because she is close to where I live which works really well for me and there is lots of parking and she had good reviews.

To be honest she was my second option the first one I had a chat with at her house but she had two toddlers running round and I couldn’t hear myself think and decided she wasn’t an option. I will speak to her Monday and I will tell her I thought I would get more support, if she doesn’t then I will find someone else. Your right I should be getting more support from her.

Yeah my exercise has ramped up quite quickly and for the first time in my life I am absolutely loving it which is a massive shock for me but I totally agree with what you have said in this post and our previous conversations I do need to make sure I am on the right step and not over do it.

What made you have a step 2 meal did you feel you just needed it or are you at the stage of getting ready to move to step2. I absolutely love tomatoes too

X

Day 12 and to be honest I am struggling a bit today.

I have felt really hungry and all I am doing is thinking about food.

I have my husbands family staying for the weekend so I have made lunch for them and then as my hubby is on nights I have also cooked tea for them and I cooked chicken and chorizo pasta bake and it’s been really tough because I really wanted some.

This is probably my hardest day on Cambridge up to now! Haven’t cheated though stayed 100% so I am really proud of myself. They are having dessert now so I am having a nice bath as think if I had to watch them eat it I would cry.

Off for day out at the seaside tomorrow which will be another challenge but already prepared for that by buying a lemon bar for lunch. Hubby said he will cook tomorrow and Sunday for me bless him.

Hope everyone is ok xx

If you're hungry and aren’t drinking 5l + have more water no joy, then have an egg. This should ( every one is different and can’t garantee it) not effect ketosis. You may be doing too much for your calorie intake. It is really hard when all around are enjoying food but you want to lose weight for your future health and as you say you are (deservedly so) proud of yourself. Don’t give up. The second week can be harder than the first.
Glad that help is at hand for tomorrow.
On the plus side baths are calories free😁xxx

Just saw you asked why I had the step 2 meals, sorry basically I’d done too much exhausted myself, ie too little calories for too much work, checked the water intake and realised I needed a bit more in the tank.
Jx

If you're hungry and aren’t drinking 5l + have more water no joy, then have an egg. This should ( every one is different and can’t garantee it) not effect ketosis. You may be doing too much for your calorie intake. It is really hard when all around are enjoying food but you want to lose weight for your future health and as you say you are (deservedly so) proud of yourself. Don’t give up. The second week can be harder than the first.
Glad that help is at hand for tomorrow.
On the plus side baths are calories free😁xxx

Hi,

Thank you for your response! I will have another litre of water and maybe a coffee hopefully that will help.

I thought week 1 would be the hardest not week two I am definitely in ketosis because my mouth tastes disgusting lol don’t get me started about my breath!

Could be what you warned me about my exercise increasing I text my consultant she told me next week we will look at increasing to 4 packs but for now to have an egg or some chicken.

I am definitely not giving up but I will have a boiled egg if the water doesn’t fill me up.

Is it normal to feel a bit down on week 2? Or am I just feeling sorry for myself xx

Yes it is very normal to feel a bit down in week 2. Look at the diaries of past dieters and see how many disappear. You lady are not too be one of them💪 ( that’s not a chicken drumstick it’s a show of strength emoji, don’t want you getting any ideas 🤪😜😂)
Jx

Maybe stick off the coffee tonight if your feeling hungry it can increase appetite ( never has for me but some have stated it)
Jx

Last edited:
Back