• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hello from a new member.

S: 16st0lb C: 15st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 35.4 Loss: 0st11lb(4.91%)
Hi everyone! I found this site earlier today whilst googling Slimming World munchies :D We all have to bring something along next Monday night so I was looking for inspiration as I am hopeless in the kitchen :eek: Tomorrow I will go through my huge pile of SW magazines and see if there's anything I see that looks good and is do-able for a kitchen novice like me....at least I have nearly a week to practice preparing it and test it out on Neil ;)

I'm Gill, 42 years old, live in Northumberland and married to Neil.
When we first met in October 1997 I was 10st and a size 12 but over the years I got comfortable *as you do* and the weight slowly crept up until I reached an absolute low point last December. I felt like the most fat, ungainly, repulsive person on the planet and even though Neil said he loved me whatever size I was I just felt nothing but hatred towards myself :cry: It didn't help that I was getting aching knees and had agonising pain in my feet when I first got up and could barely hobble around!!! I never actually went to the doctor about this but typing my symptoms into google came up with plantar fasciitis :sigh: I work in a newsagents/post office too and we have three floors and I was so out of condition and my knees kept giving way that I had problems climbing the stairs. I looked after a friend's border collie pup (9 months old) for two weeks and it nearly killed me!!! This was just the last straw as I'd always been so fit when I was younger and thought nothing of getting out for a full day's walk with my dogs.
Sadly I am unable to have a dog just yet as I work full-time but certainly plan to in the future.

So on Monday January 4th 2010 I bit the bullet and joined my local Slimming World group. I was absolutely TERRIFIED walking into that room as I felt that everyone would laugh at me (especially as I live in a smallish town and, working in the newsagents, everybody knows me!!!) but right from the very start I was made to feel welcome. I was horrified to see that I had reached 16st but told myself that things could only go better from now on! I didn't quite understand the plan the first week and managed to confuse myself :p but still lost 1.5lb and after that I got the hang of it and averaged around 2-3lb a week :) I was over the moon to lose 2st by the end of June and my clothes were starting to hang off me :D The pains in my feet and knees also disappeared and haven't returned so that is definitely a bonus!
But then in July 2010 I began to fall off the wagon a bit too much and the occasional 'little treat' became a daily occurence....often a few times a day...and the weight started to sneak back on. And here I am....1st back on and in need of a good kick up my bum!!! :mad:

Eventually I would LOVE to be back into size 12 clothes and that is my goal...that and getting back into my horse riding once more....but for now ~ at 15st 3lb ~ I just want to get back into the flow and start losing again!
I go on a couple of horsey forums and really enjoy it as the friendship and support you get is fantastic and so I have been looking for a slimming forum that would help me stay on track and focused too....and give me some meal ideas that would be tasty for Neil too as he is getting a tad cuddly too. He wishes he didn't work on Monday nights as he could go along to SW with me so I think I should come up with a few tasty meals that will not leave him feeling deprived and starving ;)

Anyway, off to look around the rest of the site and look forward to meeting you all :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

The Moog

Silver Member
S: 15st3lb C: 13st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 28.6 Loss: 1st11lb(11.74%)
Hey :) I'm relatively new too, but it's so friendly here I've settled in fast!

I used to live in your part of the world (still miss it!) and have a similar sort of weight to lose. I'm aiming to get back into the 10/12 I was before children! Been at it for a fortnight now and I'm determined!

Hope to see you around a bit more.

S: 15st5lb C: 14st11lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 31.5 Loss: 0st8lb(3.72%)
hi gillykat welcome to minimins i will give u a kick up the bum if u give me one back :asskick:i have been following s/w for several weeks had lost 15lbs but have just been on a 3 day binge just eaten for the sake of it, i have had blips a few times but have managed to get back on track the next day am worried now that i am not going to get back in the right frame of mind to do it. i am going to try hard to start afresh tomorrow will weigh myself to see what damage has been done :eek: then i think chocolate, cakes and sweets have to be taken right out of the equation perhaps i'm like an alchoholic that one bite sets me off on a binge need to go cold turkey, any way thats enough about me lol good luck on ur weight loss journey :)

S: 16st0lb C: 15st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 35.4 Loss: 0st11lb(4.91%)
I know exactly what you mean Val - I just cannot have biscuits or other treats in the house because I know I am physically incapable of having just one....one PACKET, yes, but not a single biscuit all on it's own ;)
I try to keep a full fruitbowl and lots of nibbles in the fridge for when I feel that I 'need' something but over the past few months I've slipped from grace slightly LOL And for the past three weeks I have eaten for England.....and not on healthy stuff either! :sigh: :break_diet:

But onward and upward....this time I WILL do it!!! I'm full of cold at the moment *wonderful husband letting me share his man Flu* but I refuse to give in to stodgy comfort foods....planning to make some SW soup tomorrow and perhaps even the famous Quiche they keep talking about on Monday nights.

gl12282

Plodding on.......
S: 17st9lb C: 14st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 34.7 Loss: 3st3lb(18.22%)
Welcome GillyKat,

Good luck on your journey.

I sympathise with the 'I can't just have one' thing but I have (mostly) learnt to work round that. I know that's what happens so when I choose to have something like a biscuit/chocolate with my syns, I make sure that I put whatever it is away and then go into another room to eat it (preferably another floor of the house !) and then try and keep myself distracted when I get the 'that was really nice, maybe I should have another one' feeling. It soon passes and then I feel satisfied with the little treat but it doesn't escalate.

Hope all goes well for you and keep posting.

Gail x