Hello-I'm a newbie

Zoe.D

loving life
Hello, My name is Zoe and I started Cambridge ss 3 days ago on the 11th May. I have tried other diets before and they have worked for me but I loose about 3 stone and then the weight loss slow's down and I start to get disappointd and start to go off the rails a bit.

I have decided to give Cambridge ss a go as I feel I need to try something where I don't need to make food decision's and go cold turkey lol. I have a long way to go and feel embarrassed by the amount of weight I need to loose but I am so gonna give this my best shot. I am finding things good on day 3, the first 2 days I felt quite unwell with a bad headach and feeling sick but today I feel much better-not been hungry at all since I have started so that's good.

I read a few posts on here before I joined and really feel inspired and feel that this will help me on my journey to finally becoming myself again-the good old days when I was a size 12 lol. Thanks for reading-I hope I didn't drivell too much. Zoe xx :)

Last edited:
Welcome Zoe. I was the same with other diets. Each time I lost interest before I got to goal.

Losses are quick with CD so it really keeps the motivation up.

Enjoy that great feeling :)

Thanks KD, you look fantastic. Zoe xx

Also a newbie

Hi Zoe, I'm a newbie too, I started yesterday and I had a headache last night and ended up getting up at 4am this morning to take pain killers.:p
Don't feel embarrassed about how much you have to lose, I’ve got 164lb (11 stone 10lb) to lose half my body weight and i am determined to do it.:rolleyes:
This is a great site and looking at the before and after photos is very inspiring.;)

Welcome Zoe :wavey:

Don't feel embarrassed about how much 'shrinking' you need to do the main thing is you've made a start and that's the hardest step :D when I started I needed to 'shrink' by 10st 6lbs and in 4mths I've lost 62lbs ;)

Hi Louie lou, I have 162lb to lose too. We have both started at the same time as well- Lets give it a good bash lol. My weigh in day is Monday 18th whens yours. Good luck Zoe xx

weight date

Hi Zoe, mines on Monday too at 4.30 after work.:p
Can't weight, dont like the soups will opt for just shakes next week. :cool:

Whats your goal weight?

Louie x

Hi louie, My goal weight is 146lb (10st6lb) as it just gives me a healthy bmi for my height (i'm 5'4"). I have only done shakes this week but was going to try the soups next week-are they not very nice? The Choc orange shake and strawberry is my fav. Let me know how you get on on Monday x

Welcome Zoe :wavey:

Don't feel embarrassed about how much 'shrinking' you need to do the main thing is you've made a start and that's the hardest step :D when I started I needed to 'shrink' by 10st 6lbs and in 4mths I've lost 62lbs ;)

Wow that is great. Well done. Zoe x

Welcome to CD Zoe, it is a great diet to do and you can get very good results on it. It is certainly the best diet I have ever done. I was the same as you - I wanted to remove food as an option to give myself a chance and I am finding that so far it is working a treat.

Good luck with your journey.

shakes v soups

Hi Zoe only had 2 of the soups chicken and mushroom which was not to bad, but had the vegetable today and it took me ages to drink it cus it was horrible.:jelous:
The toffee and walnut shake is nice too. :rolleyes:
The porridge isn't bad and it's something other than a drink, at least you can use a spoon.

My husband is going to join on Monday too, so I will only have my son to cook for, they have just eaten their dinner sitting by me and it smelt great but I didn't even bat an eye lid, I feel more positive this time than on past diets.

let me know to how you go on. x

Good luck Zoe, stick to CD and it will work wonders for you. I'm on day 4, my wi is Saturday.

Keep an open mind about the soups - try each one once and see what you think. Everyone has different tastes...

I seem to have lost my post!
fancy "buddying up"
this site is fantastic isn't it
such a wealth of knowledge - love it! needless to say am not getting much work done

Cravings

Hi everyone,
Do the food cravings go away after the first week, at night when I’m sitting down i start fancying different foods, I’m going to bed early just to avoid it.:(

My husband starts CD on Tuesday with me so it might help, it must like the withdrawal symptoms’ that smokers have.:break_diet:
Hope it gets less. x

Hi everyone,
Do the food cravings go away after the first week, at night when I’m sitting down i start fancying different foods, I’m going to bed early just to avoid it.:(

My husband starts CD on Tuesday with me so it might help, it must like the withdrawal symptoms’ that smokers have.:break_diet:
Hope it gets less. x

I find it easier to just concentrate on something else, come on here and read a post or two, or tidy up etc just to take my mind off it.

Good luck :)

Back