Hello, I'm new and a question

evs86

Hello everyone,

First time I've ever come across this forum (after a google search) and I'm starting slimming world tomorrow so thought I'd drop by and say hello.

There are some really useful posts on here, just had a quick browse through them.

My question is - in the Nov S.W magazine there was a recipe which needed John West stewed steak in gravy - I can't seem to find this anywhere, but have seen a princes one. Is this ok to use in place?

Many thanks
Evs

Hi welcome to the forum. I don't know about the steak but I'm sure someone else will. Good luck with SW x

Hi and welcome, good luck with your weightloss journey. Not sure about the steak either sorry

hey there is it

Princes Stewed Steak with Gravy, canned 410g can if so its 4syns on original per can and 26 syns on green per can
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Hi evs, welcome hunny, im new here today too and already feel at home (thanks everyone!)

we were told at meeting a fewweeks ago be very careful with john west stewed steak. there are apparently two places who make the stewed steak for john west and both look identical the tins are the same but one is free on red one is 4 syns per can. the only way to tell which it is is to look at the fat content. the free one has 3g of fat per 100g the other has 6g per 100g. both tins are the same size and both look the same only the fat content is different. some women at the class i go to were shocked cos they had been buying it as free and not known which one they have bought. its not something ive ever bought but thought i would let you know.

when you join tomorow you will get a password from your consultant for the website where you can check syn values of stuff. the john west one is there twice one for each fat content tin.

hope that all made sense lol

love Mindy

hey newbies!! and welcome, im kinda new too, and love it!! keeps me really motivated!! dont know about the steak im afraid but will try n help with any other question you all post x

Back