Hello, I'm New And Fat!

Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Jo, I'm 44 and live in sunny Devon. I'm happily married with four lovely daughters, 2 grandchildren, 1 crazy collie and 2 evil kittens.

I have been overweight all my adult life and though I have managed to lose 100lb a few years ago it's all come back on again. I have tried slimming clubs and crazy fad diets all of which were unsuccessfull and have culminated in me being enormous now. I have recently joined MFP and will be calorie counting. I have to do something or I will be looking into a gastric bypass which I really don't want.

I have a medical condition for which the medication causes a larger appetite but I am trying to overcome that. I am trying to like fruit, I already like veg but I like junk food and rubbish more. I am hoping that seeing the reality of how many calories are in my favourite foods will give me my lightbulb moment.

Anyway, Hi!

:welcome:Hi Glittermonster, your title made me smile, we're all here for the same reasons. I'm following the Slimming World plan & find this site amazing, so much info & inspiration & people are very friendly, so keep posting & I wish you the best of luck!!!

Back