Hello! I'm new to the forum!

Grandma

Totally Focused
Hi Everybody!

As my title says, I'm new to this forum and to CD. I have been thinking about it for ages but didn't get round to doing anything about it. Then my son, who successfully lost 6 stone on CD a couple of years ago, started talking to me about it, recommended me to this site and found the name and phone number of my nearest CDC!

I couldn't let him - or myself - down, so I rang her and went to see her last Thursday. As my BMI is over 30 I have to get the form signed by my doctor - which is scheduled for Monday afternoon - then I hope to be starting on SS on Tuesday morning.

I am excited and motivated but a little apprehensive. I know I will appreciate all the support I shall get from you all on here as I have been avidly reading the posts.

Once I get going on Tuesday, I will let you know how I am getting on!

Hi Grandma and welcome to the site :D

I bet you can't wait for Tuesday to arrive!!

Just post on here as much as you want, ask for support if you feel you need it (we all do!) and let us know how you are.

I'm looking forward to seing how Tuesday goes for you and yes, it's totally normal to be excited, motivated and apprehensive all at the same time:rolleyes::D

Lacey..xx :)

Hey GM!! Hope ya goood and welcome aboard hun xxx

Hi GM and welcome to the gang....You're in the right place...everyone is so supportive and friendly....look forward to hearing from you!!
X

Hello and welcome to minis! Hope you find this site full of inspirational people and stories, and friends who are there with you through the good and the bad!

Good luck with your start, keep up informed xxxx

Hi

Good luck with your first week on the CD.Look forward to hearing about your fab weight losses!

Susanx

Hi GM,
welcome to one of the friendliest places online. Here you will find all the support & advice you need to succeed. We will cry with you, laugh with you and cheer with you. Good luck on your journey. xx

Thanks everyone for your welcome. I'll be back once I get started!

Welcome 'grandma'

Just wondering. Has your CDC talked to you about 'prepping' ie cutting carbs before?

It isn't essential, but it does make the first few days easier. I know you don't have long now before you start, and you may have a last supper planned;) but I just thought I'd mention it.

Very best of luck :)

Welcome Grandma!! KDs advice is really good, I cut down carbs 2 days before and I didn't feel hungry in the first couple of days of SSing.

Welcome 'grandma'

Just wondering. Has your CDC talked to you about 'prepping' ie cutting carbs before?

It isn't essential, but it does make the first few days easier. I know you don't have long now before you start, and you may have a last supper planned;) but I just thought I'd mention it.

Very best of luck :)

No, she hadn't, but my son, who has been very successful with CD told me about it so I have tried to cut back - not sure how successful I have been though! No last supper planned definitely! Due to my life style, the regime of 3 'eating' times a day will suit me better and I have been trying for several weeks to drink loads of water every day. In my mind I am ready - just the small problem of getting through to a doctor tomorrow! I have been advised by the receptionist at the surgery to go to a particular doctor as the other is very unsympathetic to CD and likely to refuse to sign the form!

I just want to get on with it now - I'm ready!

just the small problem of getting through to a doctor tomorrow!

Remember that you aren't asking for permission to do the diet, just that there is nothing contraindicated.

Best of luck with it.

No, she hadn't, but my son, who has been very successful with CD told me about it so I have tried to cut back - not sure how successful I have been though! No last supper planned definitely! Due to my life style, the regime of 3 'eating' times a day will suit me better and I have been trying for several weeks to drink loads of water every day. In my mind I am ready - just the small problem of getting through to a doctor tomorrow! I have been advised by the receptionist at the surgery to go to a particular doctor as the other is very unsympathetic to CD and likely to refuse to sign the form!

I just want to get on with it now - I'm ready!

Brill! Sounds like your in the right frame of mind to get going. Hope things go well at the doctor's and best of luck. Let us know how your doing. :)

Well, I saw the doctor tonight who is very pleased for me to start.

So I start tomorrow morning!

I just want to get on with it - but now the time has come I am even more apprehensive. I know I need to do it - and I so want to be successful.

I'll let you know how its going!

Hi Grandma,

:welcome:

Best of luck with your CD journey:)

Love Mini xxx

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

I am now half way through Day 1. I left for work at 7am so didn't have anything except my customary pint of cold water. During the morning I drank one black coffee and three large glasses of cold water. In the car on the way home I drank a 500ml bottle of water. BUT I didn't touch the biscuits that the person I was assessing had left in the room for me!! I feel very strong at the moment.

I am just off for my first shake. I think it will have to be chocolate of some kind as that will be my favourite. Then a soup tonight - anybody give me an idea of what the tomato one is like? Then I can have another shake later when I get the evening nibble feeling. Fortunately I have loads of work to do this afternoon so I shall be away from tempatation stuck in my office with only a 2 litre bottle of water and a computer for company!!

Welcome grandma x I hope your first day it going well :)

hi Grandma,

sorry i didnt say hi sooner, i've only just seen this post!

You sound really positive and like your having a really good day!

dont forget to make a tracker for yourself and feel free to have a look at my blog, i have a LONG way to go yet but it will let you know how my first weeks have been!

shrinkinglou

lou x

Thank you Fuffa and Lou. Its so nice to have such a warm welcome!

I guess we are all fairly near the start so will be able to help each other along!

Back