hello, I'm new to this

hi all!

6 hours into day 1 on my 3rd....yes 3rd attempt at CD *hangs head in shame* lol

ive never made it by day 2 before but im totally convinced i will do it this time! I lost a bit of weight on Slimming World but 0.5lb per week just isnt enuff :s

do u mind if i join in ur little thread for some motivation?

the chunkiest munky in renfrewshire!

Hi Chunkymunky!!! Course you can join - welcome. Theres nothing to be ashamed of........I had tried too. i know what you mean bout sml weight losses, I felt the same about ww and usually got frustrated and gave up..........you can do this. the first 3 days are not easy but I'm on day 4 now, in ketosis and food not really bothering me (its a strange sensation)....drink lots and lots of water and do plenty of things to distract yourself....come on here for support anytime xxx

Fay - think I looked up something like binge eating and lots of advice came up on how to distract yourself from it.....I really liked that american lady who said she spends 100s of dollars on her credit card then leaves it back next day but had a ball spending it and it took her mind off food, lol!!! I think hubby would have something to say about me doing that.

Girls also need to let you know about the wonderful book I am reading. Its called you can be thin by marisa peer (supersize vs superskinny and celeb fit club). I have never felt so motivated to lose wt. Not a diet but makes you think about reasons behind overeating and how to combat it eg visualising yourself going in2 a shop, buying smaller clothes, how you feel etc. Easy technique but it works! Read the reviews on amazon for it, they are brilliant. Also comes with free hypnosis cd (havent listened to it yet but reviews say its great).

(Thread butting) you can all do this honestly and i can tell ya it's a great feeling to be thinner.!

CD is the best good luck to you all x

Thanks shanny.........you look fab and well done with the weight loss..how long did it take you and can I ask how many dress sizes you went down...your start wt and goal wt is similar to mine x

Thank you well started off on WW first lost 1.5 stones there got fed up with small losses then CD was it for me weight soon dropped off.!

I was a 16-18 and now size 12 got 3 dresses which are size 10 and lovvveeee it.!!

have a look in my album hun fattyy fotos there YUK!! lol

Let me know if you cant view foto's as its on privacy and dont know how totake it off lol.!

Well ive learnt this week drink litres of water i have started to drink 3 litres last week and lost 3 lbs was so pleased.!

And you know what there is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel! Why not buy a clothing you want to get into?
I did and it really worked for me.!

Sweetfa1 and latebloomer don't give up when it feels hard, cuz loosing weight feels amazing and lovveee it soo much. x

when struggling shout for help on here people will help you i did loadsa shouting lol big mouth u see. x

Hi, Just started ss+ today. Have been finding it a little easier than I thought it would be. I've made dinner for the kids and feel hungry but not unbearably so. Not looking forward to tonight though as I'm too tired to distract myself with cleaning etc. Fingers crossed. Good luck all!

i already feel much better about it this time compared to my two failed attempts and i know im not even 24hours in yet but im in a completely different frame of mind this time. My other half has agreed to cook dinner all this week for himself and the wee man and whilst hes doing that im gonna be walking the dog! Everytime i feel like eating something im gonna grab my jacket n head out for a walk...even if it is 2am lol!

its really good to see that others have struggled for the first few days too, then i know its not just me feeling sorry for myself!!

shanny - WOW! you are living proof that the diet really DOES work! u look FAB!!! size 10 dresses...thats wot im aiming for...although i dont think i will ever fit my boobs into one! lol

xxxxxxxx

Hi everyone, Chunkymonkey don't worry about how many times you've restarted...I'm onto my..........lost count restart, but this is the one that going to count. I've had a couple of slip ups along the way, but the difference this time is that I've carried on afterwards, instead of writing it off as a failure. You can do it!! And you've come to the right group, we're really good at chivvying people along!!!

Thanks Shanny for reminding me it can be done (I've got there before I can again)!!!

And Lou, thanks for that MOTIVATION thing, I've copied it out and put it on my fridge.

Hi everyone, and hello to chunkymonkey - welcome to the thread - everyone is really supportive on here, its great!

Latebloomer - the emotional eating you were talking about definitely rang true. I think I have that Marissa Peer book somewhere, I'll dig it out and give it another read.

Fay - what sort of things do you look up on youtube? Never thought of using it for tips/advice for CD. Is it any good?

Shanny - you look great in your picture, but couldn't have a look at any of your old pics, said I didn't have permission to look at them. Are you on the stages? How are you finding it?

Well my day has been better. Felt more in control today with no despondent thoughts, still a little hungry but nothing compared to yesterday. My WI is tomorrow lunch, so really hoping for a good weight loss to get me fully motivated again. This week seems to have gone very slow, have read people say the weeks fly by, I'm really hoping they do!!

How has people's day gone?
Lou x

I have privacy on dont know how to take off i will send u friend request so u can have a nose.! x lol

I am going to be on 810/1000 in next few days.!

hi again lou, have not tried youtube before, it was latebloomer who mentioned it, going to have a look later and don't forget to tell us how much you have lost tomorrow. good luck xx

Hi guys!!!

Shanny - cant see your pics either but the ones of you now are enuf inspiration :)

Lou - def get that book out. Like you I have had it for ages but never read all of it. Started again this week and it has really helped motivate me and make me more determined.....bit of advice, you must DO the exercises rather than just read them. Good luck tom forweigh in and let us know how you get on xx

Chunkymunky - gd luck chick, looking foward to hearing from ya tom x

Fay and surfhunny - hope rest of nt goes ok x

PS About youtube, I think I looked up tips to avoid binge eating, something like that............even if it doesnt help that much it passes the time, lol :)

I'm going to have a look on You Tube too. Like you say Latebloomer at least it keeps you occupied. I'm reading a book by Gillian Riley called Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating. Seems good so far, a very different perspective on things. I've bought another one too, about overcoming emotional eating - I think I do that, putting on a stone after my break up with AP proves that. That's my next book to read I think.

i'm dreading tomorrows weigh in, it barely feels like 5 mins since my last one, I'm having to get weighed 2 days early because my CDC is going away. I'm not sure I can lose any weight this week after Fridays mishap. I might just go and see and then weigh myself on Wed for my 'official' weight. Do you think thats acceptable?

yeah well I dont see why not........I have to weigh myself as my CDC posts packs to me (too far away to see her every wk). If it makes you feel better why not let CDC weigh you, then hop on your own scales when u get home (CDC scales might be diff to yours), take a note of weight on your own then redo wed..........you can then accurately say what weight would be on cdc scales. Don't wry about weigh in - you didn't go very overboard. Good luck and let us know how you get on (or leave til wed if it makes you feel better) xx

Back