hello, I'm new to this

evening everyone, day 5 going well no hunger pains,carrying a water bottle everywere.hi latebloomer you get my vote on the name s2bsm. hope everyone ok,its great to be able to post everyday to keep on track. i had joined a supermarket's on line diet club it was expensive and the support was not half as good as this one.i also have the packs as late as i can ,as i find the nights difficult.I found it so compelling that I thought I would share this with you. This poem called "The Race" was taken from Mac Anderson's book Motivating Yourself: Recharging the Human Battery (Successories Library).

They all lined up so full of hope,
Each thought to win the race,
Or tie for first, or if not that,
At least take second place.

And fathers watched from off the side,
Each cheering for his son;
And each boy hoped to show his dad
That he would be the one.

The whistle blew, and off they went,
Young hearts and hopes afire,
To win, to be the hero there
Was each boy’s desire.

And one boy in particular,
Whose dad was in the crowd,
Was running in the lead and thought,
My dad will be so proud.

But as they sped down the field
Across a shallow dip,
The little boy who thought to win
Lost his step and slipped.

Trying hard to catch himself,
His hands flew out in brace,
And mid the laughter of the crowd,
He fell flat on his face.

So down he fell and with him hope,
He couldn’t win, not now;
Embarrassed, sad, he only wished
To disappear somehow.

But as he fell his dad stood up,
And showed his anxious face
Which to the boy so clearly said:
Get up and win the race.

He quickly rose, no damage done,
Behind a bit, that’s all;
And ran with all his might and mind
To make up for his fall.

So anxious to restore himself,
To catch up to win,
His mind went faster than his legs
He slipped and fell again.

He wished then he had quit before,
With only one disgrace;
I’m hopeless as a runner now,
I shouldn’t try to race.

But in the laughing crowd he searched,
And found his father’s face,
That steady look that said again,
Get up and win the race.

So up he jumped to try again,
Ten yards behind the last;
If I’m going to gain those yard,
I’ve gotta move real fast.

Exerting everything he had,
He regained eight or ten;
But trying so hard to catch the lead
He slipped and fell again.

Defeat: He lay there silently,
A tear dropped from his eye;
There’s no sense in running anymore
Three strikes I’m out, why try.

The will to rise had disappeared
All hope had fled away;
So far behind, so error prone
I’ll never go all the way.

I’ve lost... so what’s the use he thought,
I’ll live with my disgrace;
But then he thought about his dad
Who soon he’d have to face.

Get up -- an echo sounded low,
Get up and take your place;
You were not meant for failure here,
Get up and win the race.

With borrowed will, get up, it said,
You haven’t lost it all;
For winning is no more than this,
To rise each time you fall.

So up he rose to run once more,
And a new commit;
He resolved that win or lose the race,
At least he wouldn’t quit.

Three times he’d fallen, stumbling,
Three times he rose again;
Now he gave it all he had,
And ran as though to win.

They cheered the winning runner
As he crossed the line first place;
Head high and proud and happy,
No falling, no failing, no disgrace.

But when the fallen youngster
Crossed the line last place,
The crowd gave him the greater cheer
For finishing the race.

And even though he came in last
With head bowed low unproud,
You would have thought he won the race
To listen to the crowd.

And to his dad, he sadly said,
I didn’t do so well;
To me you won, his father said,
you rose each time you fell.

And now when things seem dark
And hard and difficult to face,
The memory of that little boy
Helps me in my race.

For all of life is like that race
With ups and downs and all,
And all you have to do to win
Is rise each time you fall

xx

Ps. Surfhunny - being a little nosey but do you lifeguard or something? youtube link and member name got me thinking.......
I used to be a junior lifeguard when I lived in South Africa. The competitions were really fiercely competitive and boarding was my favourite event. Hence the You Tube link. I watch it when I need to keep motivated, I'm not in it mind you. I loved it. I just wish I was even half as fit as I used to be then.

Fay I'll be glad to hang around on this thread I need as much support as I can get as my own team thread has gone a bit quiet.

I hope everyone's had a good day! I'm actually really proud of myself, not only have I managed to resist a scone, but M&S sandwiches and a choc muffin. A medical rep came in today bringing with her bribery and corruption. First she went on a scone run at coffee time, then she brought out the sandwiches and muffins. I can't believe I watched everyone tuck into all that nice stuff, while I had my choclate tetra. I'm really, really pleased with myself.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, how has your day been? Got your water quota in?

Well day 3 has gone ok, today I had a little wobble when thought surely a little bit of food wouldn't hurt....had to talk myself out of it. Managed to but still a little gutted that I'm feeling like that after just 3 days. I've told myself that its only 2/3 months on SS and I've promised myself this will be the last time I properly lose weight so I'm going to give it 100% and get it over as quick as possible and then start re-educating myself about good, proper, healthy eating and be able to control my portion sizes. Anyone know someone who has got to maintenance before and kept the weight off?

Another test now, boyfriend is coming over for the night and I have always cooked us dinner as he doesnt get in from work until 7pm. Cooking it now, not as bad as I thought it might be actually. Anyway if I do get the craving from food, figure I'll just cook him something that I dislike!!

Hoping and praying I'm in ketosis now, gotta do the stick test tmrw morning. I'll keep you updated

Lou x

HI all..........speaking of rising and falling in your poem fay I have to tell you all that I ate today. I feel totally stupid for doing this before I was even in ketosis. Family home for st patricks day and mum doesnt approve of TFR and it was impossible for me nearly NOT to eat. I had plenned on telling her after a week as I knew my willpower would be stronger and I know she will hit the roof :( .....I am so sry to you all but I WILL DO THIS. Tomorrow I will get up and start again, day one I know but the way I feel about myself after this slip, it will not be happening again.:(

Hi all, latebloomer just get back in the race hun, you can do it ,have a good day tomorrow and put this one behind you.how is everyone else today x x

Hi guys
Can I join this group? I am on day 3 and I am finding it difficult today, I am hungry tonight. I have tested myslef and I am in Ketosis but why do I feel hungry, tired and have got no energy!! Is anybody else's weigh in day on a Saturday?? xx

hi fay thanks so much, I am so determined to do this now more than ever, how are u getting on?

Chocolate, of course you can join - welcome!!!! maybe you're hungry because you are only starting to go into ketosis? Dont give up, drink lots of water and hopefully you will feel better tomorrow........let us know how you go xx

Hello All!

Please can I joing too? Re-starting tomorrow after a bout a year off, feel a bit nervous about it but looking forward to being in control again!

Wishing everyone a good CD day tomorrow!
xx

no bother chocolate, hope tomorrow is a wee bit easier x

Hi coogee, welcome and we can keep eachother motivated tomorrow, pl let me know how you get on xxx

hi all, nice to have you on board chocolate and coogee. we are all in this tog . surfhunny hows your day gone. i love music and this album is a great motivator you can't get it in the shops or amazon but you can download it from itunes the album is called skinny songs with songs relating to weight loss such as i'm a hottie now, thin,skinny jeans,the incredible shrinking woman and they are all good songs i listen to it over and over again. you know what its like the song sticks in you head and it keeps you motivated. well good night all. here,s to us all having a great day tomorrow.raising a shake to us all.
glitterimage87.gif

great attitude lou....a 30 second feeling of bliss i.e. your wobble will ebcome something you will regret for day ifnot weeks, and it will also result in you wasting the £35 youve paid in order to be on ss!! keep strong..you wil have dark days but honestly it really does get easier!! i even managed to go to the fish and chip shop tis evening, hand them to boyfriend and not bat an eyelid...it will start to transpire that life really isnt all about food and you do have will power(two things i never thought id come to realise!!)

good luck for tomorrow..keep yourself busy and dont let anything distract you from your goal! x x x

hi all, hope today is going well so far.........fay I loved ur idea about the cd, might give that a try, lol! :) So back to day one again, determined to get slim now and I think with all the help and support from u guys, I will get there xx

hi everyone, hope everyone's doing well today. well done latebloomer keep going.
glitterimage113.gif
a little bit of fairy dust to help lol.oh well off shopping now, will log on tonight. weigh day tomorrow!!!!! xx

hi guys can i join aswell please i am on day 3 today not too bad not feeling too hungry yesterday i was very very hungry but managed to get through the day.

hi to everyone and keep up the good work:D

hi slim4life....welcome, of course you can join....you're doing great on day 3, hope to be there sat :)
Fay thanks so much, you gave me a gd laugh with your fairydust, lol!!!! Hopefully it will work! Enjoy shopping :) xxx

hi all, oh heck its my first weigh day tomorrow, of course i hope to have a good weight loss it was my first week on cd, but i have just lost a stone with slimming world so will i have a good weight loss? i really really hope so. how is everyone today was it a good day?i've found i now have no hunger at all,have to remind myself to have my packs (long may it continue)all the best for the weekend.if i ve had a good loss i won't need to post i'll shout it out. i'll post as soon as i get home from weighing xx

well....soon to be wee tiny fairy, lol!! Good luck for weigh in and I'm dying to know how you got on..I'm sure you'll do great. 3 years ago I did LT for 2 weeks after shedding 1 1/2 st myself and still lost a st. What made you leave sw and do cd?
Hows everyone else getting on today?xx

Back